+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 256

Thread: The Tonight Show - NBC (formerly The Jay Leno Show)

  1. #21
    FORT Regular Jazzie1953's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hidden in the margins
    Posts
    95

    Re: Jay Leno's New Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3700674;
    I admit to not being a big fan of Leno's so I am wondering how others are feeling about his new show. Is this really going to be a "big deal"? Do you think it will do well?

    And what do you think about NBC's taking away most of their drama series and giving all that time over to yet another comedy/talk show?

    Thanks for feedback on this.

    Oh dear.....I'm lame....not a fan of Jay Leno, so I will admit to not paying much attention to this. You mean NBC dumped ALL their weeknight 10 pm dramas for this? Blah!
    "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
    Joseph Brodsky: (1940-1996) Russian-US poet
    _________________


    I read banned books.
    Just Jazzie

  2. #22
    FORT Fogey causingchaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,790

    Re: Jay Leno's New Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzie1953;3701741;
    Oh dear.....I'm lame....not a fan of Jay Leno, so I will admit to not paying much attention to this. You mean NBC dumped ALL their weeknight 10 pm dramas for this? Blah!
    Yes NBC dropped all their 10pm (9pm in my time zone) dramas Monday through Friday to show Jay. If this was on once a week I probably wouldn't care. I watched all of 2 seconds of it and was already over it. I didn't like him in his former time slot and I don't like him any better now. I'll find other shows to watch on other stations that are entertaining.

  3. #23
    FORT Fan chenoa333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    349

    Re: Jay Leno's New Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzie1953;3701741;
    Oh dear.....I'm lame....not a fan of Jay Leno, so I will admit to not paying much attention to this. You mean NBC dumped ALL their weeknight 10 pm dramas for this? Blah!
    What 10 pm dramas did NBC dump for the new Jay Leno show?
    I like Jay Leno but I think that one hour a night, five nights a week is way too much to take of anybody.
    ITA - I do not like Conan O'Brien either.
    I had enough trouble finding a decent program to watch Monday night between 8 pm and 10 pm (while waiting for the premier of Jay Leno.)
    I hate to admit this but I ended up watching (or I should say "trying my best to stay awake through") "America's Got (Mostly NO) Talent"
    Geesh - that is one of the lamest shows I've ever encountered! Thankfully, it's ending tonight until 'next season'

  4. #24
    FORT Fan Ionan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    331

    Re: Jay Leno's New Show

    I actually really like Leno. Apart from Leno, O'Brien, and Fergusson, I don't like any of the other late night people.

    I do NOT find Letterman to be funny AT ALL --- he used to be funny years ago, but his show is about as thrilling as watching the Antiques Road Show he is sooo dull and his jokes are really lackluster( the top 10 lists or whatever they're called suck and rarely get so much as a chuckle from me). Kimmel and Fallon are just plain annoying.

  5. #25
    FORT Fogey causingchaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,790

    Re: Jay Leno's New Show

    Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333;3701875;
    What 10 pm dramas did NBC dump for the new Jay Leno show?
    I like Jay Leno but I think that one hour a night, five nights a week is way too much to take of anybody.
    ITA - I do not like Conan O'Brien either.
    I had enough trouble finding a decent program to watch Monday night between 8 pm and 10 pm (while waiting for the premier of Jay Leno.)
    I hate to admit this but I ended up watching (or I should say "trying my best to stay awake through") "America's Got (Mostly NO) Talent"
    Geesh - that is one of the lamest shows I've ever encountered! Thankfully, it's ending tonight until 'next season'
    I end up watching a lot of PBS in the evenings now so I don't have to watch game shows or stuff like Jay Leno.

  6. #26
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565

    Re: Jay Leno's New Show

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3701658;
    Well, just about everything was a rerun last night, so i flipped on a bit, mostly to see Jerry Seinfeld. Sorry, but I understand that guests do come on these shows to promote their latest show/movie/etc., but this was just dull and boring. And, the clip with Oprah was just silly.
    Finally, we got to Kanye. As I expected, he tried his best to look contrite. It was obvious, however, when Jay asked him - "What would your mother think / say" that Kanye was not going to answer that. He was so carefully coached / programmed to repeat the points his handlers gave him to attempt to gain audience support.
    And, the segment with Jay talking over the Obama interview on 60 Minutes was just another silly skit.
    And, for this, the viewers had to lose the good 10:00 PM shows like SVU, etc.
    SVU didn't get the axe. They got ANOTHER show's 9PM slot and THAT show got dumped instead.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  7. #27
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,046

    Re: Jay Leno's New Show

    Both SVU and the original Law and Order are still goinhg to be on--Friday nights from 8-10PM (7-9 in my area.) And "Criminal Intent" I think will be repeated from the cable network on NBC on Saturday nights as they have been doing recently.

    CausingChaos--hi--I watch mostly PBS and select the few network shows that I really want to watch.

    And I agree with whoever said that "America's Got Talent" is lame. I stopped watching after the first season when I realized how much the results were manipulated by the producers.

  8. #28
    Yankee Fan sweet_lady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    my own little world
    Posts
    1,071

    Re: Jay Leno's New Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3703570;
    Both SVU and the original Law and Order are still goinhg to be on--Friday nights from 8-10PM (7-9 in my area.) And "Criminal Intent" I think will be repeated from the cable network on NBC on Saturday nights as they have been doing recently.

    CausingChaos--hi--I watch mostly PBS and select the few network shows that I really want to watch.

    And I agree with whoever said that "America's Got Talent" is lame. I stopped watching after the first season when I realized how much the results were manipulated by the producers.
    That sucks! It totally conflicts with my shows, Monk and Psych. Thank goodness for DVRs.

  9. #29
    would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    45
    Posts
    4,896

    Re: Jay Leno's New Show

    I can't believe that NBC is airing Southland at 9:00. while it's an excellent show, it's pretty strong for a network so 10:00 is most definitely the timeslot for it - They will definitely have to pare it down for 9:00. I don't understand NBC's thinking here - Jay's just not that funny - not for a daily primetime slot and certainly not enough to change around shows to suit it.

  10. #30
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,114

    Re: Jay Leno's New Show

    I do know that shows like SVU and other 10:00 PM shows were retained, but moved to earlier timeslots in order to make room for Leno. While I'm glad that they were retained, I don't know that it's such a wise move to put those shows into earlier timeslots due to their nature.
    I would hate to see some of them edited for the grittiness and realism that they bring but having to fit them into an earlier "family friendly timeframe.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.