+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tonight Show - NBC (formerly The Jay Leno Show)

Re: Jay Leno's New Show

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3700877;
    What a nasty person. The article was more than enough and I won't watch the video.

I'm surprised that the article doesn't mention his "race card" diatribe a while back. It was so vile and completely out of context for the event that I've managed to almost completely block it out of my memory.

It is truly amazing how some people get lucky breaks and succeed financially but somehow end up as horrible examples and role models.

The best way to fight back at this behavior is to not buy his music, not buy a ticket to any show or concert that he is on, and not talk about him; thus, my last post about him.

And I love Taylor Swift. A true multi-faceted talent and sweet and beautiful girl. Guess he's jealous.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

I've missed Jay and am looking forward to his show tonight. Hope he still will do some of my favorites ... Headlines, Jaywalking, etc. Can't wait to see what new stuff he'll be presenting, too. Conan IMO isn't doing justice to the long tradition of the Tonight Show. I think it's gone downhill since he took over, and he doesn't seem to be getting the calibre of guests that Jay did. Letterman is outdoing him, and I'm not a Letterman fan.

My tv guide says he will be doing headlines tonight. I love Leno and can't wait for the show.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Not a Leno fan at all. I just don't think he's funny. I've met him twice - once at the Tonight Show after the show and another time when one of his motorcycles broke down on Robertson and he was at a gas station trying to fix it. He was very nice.

IMO, the funniest man (and the smartest) on late night, hands down, is Craig Ferguson. Letterman is a close second.

I'm a HUGE fan of 10:00 dramas, so this is not a good move, imo. I read a quote from an actor, I can't remember who, saying that, if they keep cutting scripted shows, there's going to be no one left to be on late night shows as guests...I may like reality tv, but I don't care to see most of the people on reality shows being interviewed by anyone.

I heard a rumor a while back that the other networks won't be letting their stars go on Leno's show. I mean, think about it. You appear on his show, while your own show is airing apposite on another network. Not good.

So yeah, I won't be watching
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Premium Member

Aww boohoo, Kanye is all choked up feeling bad that he acted like an ass to Taylor at the VMA's. GMAB already.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3701294;
    Aww boohoo, Kanye is all choked up feeling bad that he acted like an ass to Taylor at the VMA's. GMAB already.
    I know. Whatever, dude. Next time control yourself, idiot.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

FORT Fogey

Thanks for all the feedback. I too am upset that NBC won't be airing their good dramas in the 10PM slot (9PM in my area).

I am watching Jay's show tonight--right now--to see what it's like. But I've already switched away a few times--in the first half hour--because it got boring so fast. They had "Dan" on doing a too-long "Car Wash" shtick.

And I think Jay told all of four jokes at the beginning.

Right now he is talking with Jerry Seinfeld--which is also somewhat boring even though I like Jerry as a stand-up comedian and I liked his show a lot.

Oh well--I too will be watching other 9PM shows instead. I wonder how long it will take to see what his view numbers are going to be like? Can't judge by the first show that people turn on for the novelty of it.

I also think NBC did Jay a disservice by airing waaaay too many ads for his show.
    I just about hurled this morning when Jay's new show was mentioned on the NBC Early News as though it were actual news!

______________________________ ______________________________ __________________

ETA--I just saw Jay's interview with Kanye West. It was seriously lame. Jay obviously was avoiding real and hard questions about Kanye's behavior last night in order not to upset/insult his guest.

That resulted in a lot of dead air--a missed opportunity to put his show on the viewing map in a big way--IMO anyway.
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 09-15-2009 at 12:56 AM.

Well... it was just as lame as I thought it would be.

Thanks for giving Senior Citizens an opportunity to go to bed at 11 PM EST Jay! They can watch you, it will lull them to sleep, and zonk! They USED to have to wait until an hour and a half later for that service from you, oh mighty chin!

Meanwhile the REST of us will be watching other networks...

P.S. - Jay, that "Oprah won't give me the time of day" concept? Letterman did that one for fifteen years straight. Couldn't you find another angle?
    Last edited by Krom; 09-15-2009 at 06:36 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Krom--Hi--thanks for your feeligns about the first show. I emant to ask everyone what they thought about it.

This morning--to no one's surprise--the local NBC station ran a "Report" on the first show which said how great it was--"especially the Kanye West interview."

ETA--having become sensitized to trhe idea of a "news" broadcast's having info on tv shows--I just realized that in the last hour the local NBC affiliated station has run "reports" on THREE NBC shows.

No wonder I often come away from these morning shows feeling that I haven't heard much actual news at all.
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 09-15-2009 at 09:58 AM.

Well, just about everything was a rerun last night, so i flipped on a bit, mostly to see Jerry Seinfeld. Sorry, but I understand that guests do come on these shows to promote their latest show/movie/etc., but this was just dull and boring. And, the clip with Oprah was just silly.
    Finally, we got to Kanye. As I expected, he tried his best to look contrite. It was obvious, however, when Jay asked him - "What would your mother think / say" that Kanye was not going to answer that. He was so carefully coached / programmed to repeat the points his handlers gave him to attempt to gain audience support.
    And, the segment with Jay talking over the Obama interview on 60 Minutes was just another silly skit.
    And, for this, the viewers had to lose the good 10:00 PM shows like SVU, etc. The wriers on Leno, including Mr. Leno himself, had a long respite to come up with some good material for this premiere. Hard to believe last night's airing was the best they could do.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread