+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: The Vampire Diaries - CW

Re: The Vampire Diaries - CW

This show has got alot better with the last couple of episodes. When it started I kind of wrote it off as a Twilight type rehash but I prefer this over the Twilight series. In the last couple of episodes its really seemed to pick up steam. My only gripe (and it's not even really a gripe, I just wish it hadn't happened) was how they keep killing off all the cool female vampires. I wanted Vicky and that blonde from a few episodes back to stick around for longer!

Ok, after last nights episode, I'm really confused. Alarics dead wife's name was Isobel. Definitely not a teenager. Elena's birth mother was a 16 year old named Isobel. So......I can't see the show having two characters with the same name so.....did I miss something?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3812409;
    Ok, after last nights episode, I'm really confused. Alarics dead wife's name was Isobel. Definitely not a teenager. Elena's birth mother was a 16 year old named Isobel. So......I can't see the show having two characters with the same name so.....did I miss something?
    Alaric and Isobel are probably older then they appear. Remember Alaric is a vampire and I think his wife was a witch. I get the impression he became a vampire after his wife's death at Damon's hands and Alaric has been hunting for Damon ever since.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Newbie

I'm confused after watching the Feb 11th show. Earlier in the season Stephen had told Elena it was Katherine that turned him and Damon. How could that be if Katherine had been carted away by the vampire hunting mob while the brothers were still human?

Quote Originally Posted by killian8;3832224;
    I'm confused after watching the Feb 11th show. Earlier in the season Stephen had told Elena it was Katherine that turned him and Damon. How could that be if Katherine had been carted away by the vampire hunting mob while the brothers were still human?
    Remember earlier that Stephan mentioned that he and Damon were killed by the mob while trying to rescue Katherine and fangy friends from a burning church. We have not been told exactly how a person is made a vampire in this particular world. There is more to this story that we have seen.

FORT Newbie

Thanks Bearcata! I look forward to the show returning in March!

I just finished watching the last episode of Vampire Diaries, where the witches open the doors to the church and break the seal.

Observations:

Ben - the Vampire Bartender that Anna turned. I always find it funny how many people are desperate for immortality/eternity and become vampires only to die very shortly afterwords. Sorta defeats the entire process.

Elena not running out of the church the minute Damon left her alone, Stupid much. Bonnie insisting her grandmother help Elena, knowing that there are starving vampires in the church, not knowing how many there are and yet still insisting that she, Bonnie, a stupid little girl, who has just discovered her powers, does really not know the limit of them, really knows nothing about the vampires except that Damon is evil, not knowing the consequences of breaking a seal insists that grams helps and then is distraught that later grams dies. Stupid Little girl. These 2 story threads really, really, irked me. Wonder why so many teenagers die in slasher films. Well this is a prime example.

The real kicker about this is that Damon has spent the last 130 plus yrs trying to get Katherine out of the church and she never was there. Now that is irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3814369;
    Alaric and Isobel are probably older then they appear. Remember Alaric is a vampire and I think his wife was a witch. I get the impression he became a vampire after his wife's death at Damon's hands and Alaric has been hunting for Damon ever since.
    I don't think you are thinking of the right people, unless I missed something. Alaric is the history teacher. They show Damon sucking the wife's blood. Alaric also made a weapon to kill the vampires. I don't think he is one.

So, I thought I was all caught up, but I guess I have 1 more episode recorded. Does anyone have a family chart? I'm getting confused with all the people walking around in the past & present!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;3835565;
    I don't think you are thinking of the right people, unless I missed something. Alaric is the history teacher. They show Damon sucking the wife's blood. Alaric also made a weapon to kill the vampires. I don't think he is one.

So, I thought I was all caught up, but I guess I have 1 more episode recorded. Does anyone have a family chart? I'm getting confused with all the people walking around in the past & present!
    And a vampire hunter and a vampire. Check out the ring on his hand that enables him to walk during the day. It was in the very first or second episode he appeared.

The last episode I think also showed us Bonnie's new boyfriend and the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3812409;
    I think Isobel was a pregnant teenager when she gave birth and split town. Later, she met and married Alaric. They didn't say that Alaric was the father if in fact his dead wife Isobel was the same pregnant teen. I have wondered if Alaric is in fact a vampire or just an educated vampire hunter. I have yet to have it confirmed on the show if he is an actual vampire too, but the hints strongly suggest he is.

Interesting points about how Katheryn was able to make the brothers into vampires when she was supposedly locked in the church. Can't wait to see how they bring the storylines together!

Actually felt bad for Damon when he learned that his long lost love has been roaming free and neglected to find him all these years...!

+ Reply to Thread