+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: The Vampire Diaries - CW

Re: The Vampire Diaries - CW

Finished the premier episode, was pretty good but was a bit disappointed that Bonnie seems to always be in the same situation with her witchcraft, and really, really disappointed that the chemistry is between Elena and Stephan. I wanted Elena to crave Damon upon waking up from her vampy transformation!! Glad the show is back, one of my favorites!

Hate that Klaus is back. Was hoping that Rebecca would die. How the heck can Connor the vampire hunter roam freely around the high school halls? Luv'ed how Matt gave up Rebecca to the vampire hunter that would have been the perfect revenge. Overall not a bad episode.
    cantstopwatchin likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I watched last weeks' epi and yesterday's epi back to back and was pleased. I also thought Elena would crave Damon at this point but guess we will have to wait to see about that. So, Tyler had him a little werewolf side piece while he was away and Klaus picked up on it. Now he's going to surely use it to his advantage so that he can try to make a move on Caroline.

So does anyone thing Jeremy will eventually become the vampire hunter he's destined to be?

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl View Post
    I watched last weeks' epi and yesterday's epi back to back and was pleased. I also thought Elena would crave Damon at this point but guess we will have to wait to see about that. So, Tyler had him a little werewolf side piece while he was away and Klaus picked up on it. Now he's going to surely use it to his advantage so that he can try to make a move on Caroline.

So does anyone thing Jeremy will eventually become the vampire hunter he's destined to be?
    Mr. CSW is convinced they're setting up a spin-off with Jeremy and vampire hunters. I couldn't find anything online about it but I think it'd be interesting, though I don't see Jeremy holding a show on his own...

I'm excited for next week's episode and Damon & Elena time. And I, too, wish Klaus and Rebecca were gone... bring Elijah back!!

Also - anyone else think Matt has finally come into his own? I don't know what he did but he's looking better to me this season, just like Jeremy did last. Weird, I never would've thought so.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Been watching Hex on BBC America, Saturday at 10pm. Seems that Klaus plays a character named Troy. This series was made in 2004 and it is amazing the difference of a few years makes in a young man's appearance and acting ability.

This season has quickly grabbed my attention! Happy that even after a few seasons, the writters are coming up with creative ways to keep it fresh.
    inthegarden likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Mr. CSW is convinced they're setting up a spin-off with Jeremy and vampire hunters. I couldn't find anything online about it but I think it'd be interesting, though I don't see Jeremy holding a show on his own...
    Well, here's the thing. The Vampire Diaries is a ridiculous hit for the CW, so big of an audience grabber in fact, that it rivals the major networks in primetime. This is UNHEARD of for the CW or any non-major network (ABC, CBS, FOX). Add to these numbers the stat that The Vampire Diaries is attracting the most desirable of viewers for marketing (the young and middle aged demo) and the CW has got one oil well tapped and another potentially lucrative reserve just waiting to be drilled. If we don't see a spin-off after this season then every executive at the CW is dumb as a stick...even if the spinoff collected a third of the original viewers it would be garnering the same numbers as most of the shows already airing on the CW...and with that stat in the corner its almost a given that it could make it a few seasons (if not into syndication, which is where the second (and sometimes more desirable) payday comes in).

Now, with this settled I say we go ahead and discuss the inevitable spinoff...will it be Jeremy and the hunters or something entirely different? For me, I don't think Jeremy can carry an entire show as the sole protagonist but if they bring along Klaus and tie him into the story (which may be why he abducted the other hunter) then I think it could work since he is such a strong presence as a character and could bring a lot of instability and [complex] history to the show. I could also see Caroline going to this show as a love interest for Klaus and eventually Jeremy (and we know how we like triangles!)..she is a great actress and she has really evolved into an interesting and likeable character. This could be why Tyler's secret cheat lady just showed up out of the blue...something has to trigger Caroline and his breakup that doesn't involve Tyler dying (again).
    Of course, I could see an entirely different spinoff with Caroline, maybe a spinoff with Bonnie and a witch focus (but, after the poorly done and received Secret Circle the CW may not be as receptive to this idea), or even the remaining Original Vampires and some other 'Ancients' we have yet to meet.
    What I do know for sure:
    1- There's gonna be a spinoff &
    2- I'm gonna be watching
    inthegarden likes this.

I missed last week's frat party episode and I hate watching TV online. Then a miracle happened and finally The CW is letting Comcast On Demand air its shows. It's about time. Loved the episode and while I have noted several times before I am so over the Klaus Rebecca characters the writers actually handled this episode with a light touch and it was exquisite. Seriously, I hate how Klaus constantly undermines her self confidence and yet will not let her go and live her own life. Loved the ending showing the professor and Connor. Simply delicious. I have mentioned before that the casting department does an excellent job casting good looking actors that can act. Yeah, too bad these folks didn't work on the now canceled soap operas who just cast good looking male models that were horrible actors.

Best scene: Showing the creation of The Five. That was a perfect fantasy novel cover. Nice looking guys, interesting tats, nice bodies and good hair. Most directors would not have been able to get that right and they get these overdeveloped wrestlers who can't move, these guys were perfect. Yum, yum, yum.

Damon, Stefan and Elena are figuring out how to handle a hostage situation (Conner has Jeremy, Matt, and April). Stefan insists that not everyone is going. Damon and Elena want to rush in but Stefan points out that it would be stupid to go in until he figures out what they're up against. Damon: “Until YOU figure it out? Is that where you were all morning, out buying bossy pants?” Best line of the episode! Delivered with pure Damon snark
    Minney and JavaJo like this.

mmmmm.........is Connor really dead? I am expecting hands bursting out of the grave as the opening shot next episode.

+ Reply to Thread