+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Vampire Diaries - CW

Re: The Vampire Diaries - CW

I enjoyed it. It gives me something to watch in between the end of True Blood and until New Moon comes out in theaters. It wasn't fantastic but that was expected. I thought the music in it was awesome.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

I liked it. Didn't love it. I've grown tired of Survivor and gave it up about mid season last year and am not watching this season, so I'll watch this. It won't be a favorite, but it's definitely not horrible. The one thing that bugged through the whole show is that Elena is blonde and blue eyed in the books and a brown eyed brunette on the show. The actress is beautiful and she played the part well enough, but the book mentions over and over how Elena's blue eyes match the blue stone in Stephans ring. Nothing big, but it doesn't feel like Elena, if that makes sense. And where in the hell is Meredith? It's supposed to be Elena, Bonnie and Meredith. Plus, Caroline..she was Elena's bff all through childhood but she hates her now. They didn't portray any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3698043;

I do think that the "evil" bother Damon/Damian actually has presence while "good" brother Stephan needs a good shot of testosterone. I don't think he was even that good looking.
    Can you believe Damian was Booth on Lost? I had to do a double take!

I also agree that Stephan is not that good looking. I'm surprised he was the lead.

Well, the good news is that this show is the TV Guide's Editors Pick so there is hope.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I watched and...meh...it's CW so I guess it's about what I expected. Not that I don't like some shows on CW, but I was hoping for more Vampire and less teen angst.

I recognized several faces last night. I looked the cast up and no wonder! Half of them were on CBS soaps...lol. Stephan/Guiding Light, Vicki/Bold and the Beautiful, Matt/ As The World Turns. Jeremy is Steve McQeens grandson. It was bugging me trying to figure out how I knew them all..

The DVR said it recorded this, but it was all black and stuck. Good thing they are repeating the pilot. I hope. I'm not reading the comments till I've seen it.

CCL

Meh, it (the first episode) was just all right. Most of the actors looked far too old to be in high school which bugged. The main couple were just okay and the reading from the diaries bit is going to get old (yes, yes, I know it is called The Vampire Diaries but...voiceovers can be interesting and insightful, but these were not). The only ones that held a bit of interest for me were the "slutty' girl that Elena's brother is into and Ian Somerhalder's character.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I watched it, felt it was too youthful for me to really get hooked.
    I thought Ian was great! He is so very different from Boone that I never would have guessed it was him (well, except for the fact that he resembles Boone ). If I had nothing else to watch, I would have kept it on my DVR but I have enough shows pre-recorded to keep up with. Bye bye!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I wasn't too crazy about it. I'm with Mike'sgirl, it was too youthful for me. My older daughter liked it - she wasn't crazy for it but she got more into the scenes when the brothers' faces changed. It's kinda like a 90210 with special effects. I'm going to pass on the season.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread