+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: The Vampire Diaries - CW

Re: The Vampire Diaries - CW

Ian and Nina are definitely dating. Just check out pictures of them from various events recently (like the White House dinner or Cochella). It was kept hush hush, but now they are being open about it without actually saying "we're dating".

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Ian and Nina are definitely dating. Just check out pictures of them from various events recently (like the White House dinner or Cochella). It was kept hush hush, but now they are being open about it without actually saying "we're dating".

Yes I saw the pics of them together at Coachella. Lucky girl indeed!

September 15, 2011

Season 3 premiere of The Vampire Diaries at 8pm followed by season 1 premiere of The Secret Circle at 9pm EDT.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Sooo, who watched???

I watched. I thought the episode was pretty decent but I can tell you right now..Jeremy seeing spirits is going to get real old real fast. It seems like some time has passed since the finale and the premiere. The greiving is well under way and all that. So Jeremy has been seeing these spirits long enough that it's weird he still jumps in surprise. I get that he'd still be creeped out by it, but surprised? Ah well....
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

We just caught up and watched it. I feel like this season is going to be all over the place. We've got Jeremy seeing dead people, Stefan with Klaus, making vamp/werewolf hybrids, Caroline's been shot and will prob. be kidnapped by Tyler's mom, and Elena's still all angst and wandering through life. I hope they give all the stories some meat or there's not going to be too much to this season. Better yet, let's resolve the Klaus storyline quickly and just kill him off already! That'd take care of one...

And I have to say - I'm not a prude or ultra conservative by any means but WTH was up with the kids smoking pot and Jerimey justifying that it relaxes him (I don't care if he sees dead people or not!) and then the Caroline and Tyler's sex scene. This show's on at 8!?!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

CSW... I don't consider myself a prude either (hard to be at my age!) but I did think some of the stories were a pushing it for a WB drama. I know WB is THE "teen" place to be, but the party was over the top and the Caroline/Tyler sex scene for MA only. They might be a vampire and a werewolf, but I don't recall many teens in my day and age looking or behaving like that... We fumbled and stumbled!
    (come on! Sookie and Eric on True Blood were more G-rated!)

Klaus needs to be gone soon, Jeremy needs to stop seeing dead people, Bonnie needs to get back into town and Alaric needs a new-new haircut!

DID enjoy the opening bathtub scene with Damian!

Second episode was good when it stayed grounded in the town and main characters... but hiking in the Tenn mountains with a pack of werewolves hours before a full moon??? I hope this show doesn't make it a habit of introducing too many new characters and crazy themes. Many fun show ruin themselves by going in too many directions and not developing the main characters relationships among themselves, IMO. It's like the writers want to explore Elana's and Damons relationship but can't do it unless Stefan is MIA and off the deep end. They keep trying to create all this tense/sexual chemistry moments between them, but it ends up looking juvenile, cheesy and wasted. One week they have Tyler and Caroline extremely R-rated and this week Elana and Damon extremely G-rated... there is a happy medium!

I'm enjoying the friendship/storyline between Jeremy and Matt.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    Second episode was good when it stayed grounded in the town and main characters... but hiking in the Tenn mountains with a pack of werewolves hours before a full moon??? I hope this show doesn't make it a habit of introducing too many new characters and crazy themes. Many fun show ruin themselves by going in too many directions and not developing the main characters relationships among themselves, IMO. It's like the writers want to explore Elana's and Damons relationship but can't do it unless Stefan is MIA and off the deep end. They keep trying to create all this tense/sexual chemistry moments between them, but it ends up looking juvenile, cheesy and wasted. One week they have Tyler and Caroline extremely R-rated and this week Elana and Damon extremely G-rated... there is a happy medium!:laugh

I'm enjoying the friendship/storyline between Jeremy and Matt.
    I was actually yelling "kiss" at them through the TV (b/c they can hear me, you know ) and went "oh, man!" when they didn't. Naturally, DH rolled his eyes - he doesn't see 'it' with them either - but I think they've got oodles more chemistry than Elena and Stefan do. And, yeah, what was up with their thinking they could hike up and get away from the wolves in time? So silly.

I was really surprised Tyler's mom didn't know about him - or about her husband (!) and their family. How could she not know? I'm curious to see where the ghost story goes. I thought it was going to be hokie but now it kind of looks interesting. I'm of the opinion that Vickie is b-a-d to the core. Poor Matt, though.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    I was actually yelling "kiss" at them through the TV (b/c they can hear me, you know ) and went "oh, man!" when they didn't. Naturally, DH rolled his eyes - he doesn't see 'it' with them either - but I think they've got oodles more chemistry than Elena and Stefan do. And, yeah, what was up with their thinking they could hike up and get away from the wolves in time? So silly.

I was really surprised Tyler's mom didn't know about him - or about her husband (!) and their family. How could she not know? I'm curious to see where the ghost story goes. I thought it was going to be hokie but now it kind of looks interesting. I'm of the opinion that Vickie is b-a-d to the core. Poor Matt, though.
    Oh I definitely agree that they have much more chemistry together than Elena and Stefan... I just wish Damon would get to it with Elena! Maybe that's why I find it annoying to watch, I like Damons "grab and go and ask questions later" style!

+ Reply to Thread