+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: The Vampire Diaries - CW

Re: The Vampire Diaries - CW

I watched last weeks show today and may need some help putting all the pieces together!

Elijah and Klaus are half brothers, same mother different fathers. Klaus is the only Vampire/Werewolf mix in existance. Does the Sun/Moon curse keep him from turning at a full moon? I thought in the scene for next week they were preparing for the full moon, so I'm confused. Klaus wants to break the curse so he can fully use both supernatural powers? Many many many eons ago, Klaus had Catherine found to break the spell at that time-but she escaped and turned vampire instead? Which is why he wants Elena now? Catherine must have some incredible mojo for attracting brothers! Feeling sad for Damon... if Elena is going to be boring and stay with Stephan then they need to find a strong partner for Damon with lots of chemistry. Otherwise it's a dang waste of all that hot sexiness every week!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Holy crap, Jenna was turned vamp!! Didn't see that one coming at all. So she goes from not knowing anything to being in the thick of it all...

Anyone else yelling at the TV for Damon to kiss Elena?? But then he had to go and make her drink his blood instead... I'll be interested to see if she actually gets turned - great season finale cliffhanger, I'd think.

I've got a question - where was Elijah when he was walking around the grounds with Elena? Was that Tyler's house? I was just thinking how lucky he was that he was able to just happen upon the box that just happened to contain the elixer with no expiration date (good one, Damon!).
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

What did everyone think about last night's episode?

What a freaking copout - they build it up all season and then he's just taken away by Elijah?? I don't want a "to be continued" with Klaus - we need for them all to move on to the next issue next season...but I know the big bad will come back and then he said he has plans for Stefan as well. Blah, blah, blah...

This episode kept hitting home the point for me - Elena needs to be with Damon. Stefan's killing me with his blandness. Elena needs some Damon spice in her life! Mr. CSW thinks I'm nuts for wanting her to be with Damon but, come on, if the choice is Damon...there's no choice!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I'm actually curious to see Damon with Elena. How will he act? Mushy? Fierce? I'd love to see how it would change him, as a man.

I'm glad Tyler's back. I like his friendship with Caroline. Wish Matt would get over himself. Girl saved his life and frankly, she's a much nicer person since she was turned. I'm starting to think that I want her with Tyler.

Bonnie is fierce. I agree with cantstopwatchin....they should have just let Klauss die. He's most likely lying to his brother anyway. Since he knows Bonnie is powerful and can cast a spell to 'find' people...that she would be able to do something to find his ancestors bodies. You'd think with that much age would come wisdom..obviously not...lol.

I like Stephan. But he is kind of boring. And I'm beyond pissed that they killed Jenna. I loved her and Alaric together.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I just want to say that this episode left a bad taste in my mouth. I know that the show seems to pride itself on the jaw dropping surprises that happen, but do they really have to kill off main characters to achieve that? I really liked Jenna's character. In fact I think she was one of my favorites on the show. I was really happy when they finally clued her in to the existence of vampires because I was hoping that it would make her character more crucial to the storylines. Well I was obviously wrong. I thought the way that she died, by becoming a vampire for the sacrifice was just a convenient way to kill off one the main characters by the writers. Why couldn't Klaus have found an already existing vampire? Or why couldn't he have just turned some random person that he found on the street to use? I just didn't understand why it had to be Jenna besides for the element of surprise that the writers are trying to accomplish. I was really sad when she died and I am going to miss her character a lot more than I thought I would.

Another main complaint I had with the episode was the stupid decision of Elijiah to suddenly save Klaus instead of killing him. I agree with the previous poster who said that it was such a copout by the writers. Elijiah has apparently spend many hundreds of years trying to stop Klaus and get revenge for what Klaus did to their family, and he finally has the chance to put an end to it. But instead of going through with it he decides to take Klaus for his word and find their family's bodies? I thought that was completely ridiculous. Why would Elijiah believe him when obviously Klaus is going to tell him what he wants to hear because his life is on the line.

Even with all of my complaining I still am a fan of the show and I have been for a while. I was just very disappointed in this episode. Oh and I have read people complaining about how useless Stefan's character is and I just never saw it because I always liked him. However, I found myself rooting for him to be sacrificed in Jenna's place so I guess he is also a throw a way character for me as well.

It's a shame the show doesn't have Zombies. Then we could have Jenna back. Heck, they have everything else....why not zombies?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.

Dead bodies everywhere. Always there are dead bodies. Unfortunately not the right dead body.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorBob14 View Post
    I just want to say that this episode left a bad taste in my mouth. I know that the show seems to pride itself on the jaw dropping surprises that happen, but do they really have to kill off main characters to achieve that? I really liked Jenna's character. In fact I think she was one of my favorites on the show. I was really happy when they finally clued her in to the existence of vampires because I was hoping that it would make her character more crucial to the storylines. Well I was obviously wrong. I thought the way that she died, by becoming a vampire for the sacrifice was just a convenient way to kill off one the main characters by the writers. Why couldn't Klaus have found an already existing vampire? Or why couldn't he have just turned some random person that he found on the street to use? I just didn't understand why it had to be Jenna besides for the element of surprise that the writers are trying to accomplish. I was really sad when she died and I am going to miss her character a lot more than I thought I would.
    While I never cared one way or the other about Jenna's character I think its stupid to keep killing off so many characters. Seriously, weve seen:

all the vamps from the tomb destroyed, poor Jeremy's cute little vamp girlfriend, Bonnie's Grandmother, Jenna, Elena's dad, Elena's 'parents' (before, but still), Elena's father (John, whom I found very interesting), Elena's mom/Alarics ex, Tyler's werewolf tutor, Tyler's uncle, Tyler's dad, half the werewolf pack, Matt's sister, Vickie, Damon's temporary vampire girlfriend, the new warlocks in town (well, their entire family since sister witch got herself a broken neck) and all the folks Ive missed--and this doesnt include the folks who are "dead' but running around as new vamps.

Obviously, drama is good but there is a reason shows like this dont have SO many deaths--it becomes too confusing for viewers to keep up (between remembering who died, who killed them, how that should change the still-'existing' characters and keeping up/getting to know new characters) with the plot and maintain some sense of [overall] continuity.

As for Klaus/Elijiah--that was just pitiful. Do we really think a thousand(s) year old vampire would simply change his mind and let his brother that has lied and murdered his family off so easily (especially when his brother just became the most powerful hybrid in the world)? I think a few thousand years of wisdom and built-up hatred would prevent that from happening--even with the promises of family time dangling in front of him--it was just too easy and such a cop-out from the writers. Do we not think he could have turned to Bonnie/aka mega witch and said "extract this info or hold him while I torture the facts out of him?"--because that would make a lot more sense given what we know about the characters. Instead, we are subjected to a deus ex machina device and Im not at all happy about it!

Anyhow, the true moral of the story here is unless you are a badass witch it is best to not come into contact with Elena or youll "get permanently dead." If Damon survives (and Im sure he will or the show will lose a huge amount of viewers) I hope he gets her, is happy, and then finds someone more deserving and less whinny/dumb.
    Last edited by mindy384; 05-10-2011 at 01:27 PM.

I admit, I had to laugh during last night's episode - it's like they DID knock us over the head with Stefan's blandness, only to pull the rug out from under us and now he's supposed to be this badass? Problem is I picture him for next season as this boring, blah, badass...

I'm disappointed Elijah is gone - but, seriously, how predictable was that? Couldn't see that coming from a mile away... Now, what I'm hoping is that somehow Stefan will become good at some point and will remember where "the family" is being stored and he'll be able to pull the white ash stakes from them because I'd much, much rather see Elijah on my screen than Klaus - something about him just rubs me the wrong way.

Damon...or Ian...love him! I guess with Stefan out of the way, he & Elena will finally have a chance to bond - will we see him return to his dorky ways? I doubt it but I'm glad we'll get to see him have a chance with her.

The only thing that surprised me last night was when the sheriff shot Jerimey - wow. But then they had me laughing again because all I could think at the very end was "I see dead people..."

Maybe this will be a convenient way for them to bring Jenna back??

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post

The only thing that surprised me last night was when the sheriff shot Jerimey - wow. But then they had me laughing again because all I could think at the very end was "I see dead people..."

Maybe this will be a convenient way for them to bring Jenna back??
    THAT shocked the spit out of me! I'm pretty sure my jaw hit the floor. And I agree...I'd much rather have Elijah around. I really liked him when him and Elena spent most of the day together talking.

I was soooo happy when Carolines mother actually hugged her back. It's about damn time!

Damon. It's weird because I love him when he's sweet (like the time he told Elena that he loved her and then compelled her to forget he said it) and I love him when he's being nasty and killing people for giggles. Hell, if I'm being honest, I love it when he just stands there...doing nothing.

Why did Stephan think Katherine wouldn't take the blood to Damon? I knew she would. She has way too much fun playing with them...like a cat with a mouse.

LOVED that Alaric was listening in on Jeremy and Bonnie's convo. That scene was really cute.

+ Reply to Thread