+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: The Vampire Diaries - CW

Re: The Vampire Diaries - CW

Finally had a chance to watch the last 2 weeks worth of shows. It's kinda fun to watch 2 or 3 episodes in a row, you can really see the the intricate weaving of the little story arcs. Do have a question though shouldn't Mattie be a vampire? After all he was dead and Caroline turned him to save him, right?

Initial impressions? Jen seriously, who cares that Alaric didn't tell you he had a wife. I thought her reactions were so over, this is not about you Jen there is a much bigger picture. Sorta same goes for Mattie and the Sherrif but I see a possible season ending cliffhanger with Mattie and the Sherrif trying to kill Caroline. Poor Caroline?

Isobel and Katherine the two most selfish, self absorbed, creatures ever. I find it hysterical how a person can become obsessed by becoming a vampire, become a vampire and then due to vampire politics die a horrible death while still quite young.

Funny how the only people with any clear oversight to the big picture are Damon, Bonnie and Jeremy. Elena you can't protect everyone. It's incredibly stupid and getting old. You know how many people would kill to be in your shoes, loved by two hot guys, and have two incredible friends who would die for you and kill for you and you seem to dismiss their efforts. How dare you. The selfish bitch.

Overall loved the Bonnie centric storyline. I too believed she had died. But what the heck is Elena thinking removing the dagger from Elijah. Does she honestly think he will help her against Klaus? Don't think so?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Funny how the only people with any clear oversight to the big picture are Damon, Bonnie and Jeremy. Elena you can't protect everyone. It's incredibly stupid and getting old. You know how many people would kill to be in your shoes, loved by two hot guys, and have two incredible friends who would die for you and kill for you and you seem to dismiss their efforts. How dare you. The selfish bitch.
    ITA--I am so over her character. They could toss her and just go with the rest of the cast! And lets find someone WORTH Damon (Im a sucker for the bad boys--I know its terrible!).

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

So I wonder if Klaus' key to staying immortal is the fact that he's just a spirit and can move from body to body, thus all "regular" rules don't apply to him, as shown when he was able to just walk into "Elena's" house w/o being invited? I really like Alaric; I hope this doesn't mean the end to his character...

I figured Bonnie wasn't dead when Damon said Klaus didn't get to win the day but she did a great job at faking it. I'm wondering, though, how was she supposedly killing Klaus? By throwing a bunch of glass at him and blowing fuses? I didn't get it.

I loved Damon's little speech to Stefan at the very end - does this mean we'll see Stefan actually moving from Elena's side and trying to protect her? Maybe Damon can use that separation to work his way in??? [I know, I know - she doesn't deserve him but I want him to be happy - lol!]

Bearcata, I'm wondering if Jen's throwing a fit about Isabelle was just a convenient and easy way to get her out of the picture for all this craziness that's going on?

I'm bummed Matt's turned on Caroline. If this is the end to her character, I'm going to have MAJOR issues with the writers - esp. after they made me pull a 180 and really like her character compared to last season...

Can't believe it's almost May sweeps and season finale time - I'm not ready yet!!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

ďI donít want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my painÖ It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.Ē - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    So I wonder if Klaus' key to staying immortal is the fact that he's just a spirit and can move from body to body, thus all "regular" rules don't apply to him, as shown when he was able to just walk into "Elena's" house w/o being invited? I really like Alaric; I hope this doesn't mean the end to his character...

I figured Bonnie wasn't dead when Damon said Klaus didn't get to win the day but she did a great job at faking it. I'm wondering, though, how was she supposedly killing Klaus? By throwing a bunch of glass at him and blowing fuses? I didn't get it.

I loved Damon's little speech to Stefan at the very end - does this mean we'll see Stefan actually moving from Elena's side and trying to protect her? Maybe Damon can use that separation to work his way in??? [I know, I know - she doesn't deserve him but I want him to be happy - lol!]

Bearcata, I'm wondering if Jen's throwing a fit about Isabelle was just a convenient and easy way to get her out of the picture for all this craziness that's going on?
    Yeah, but I still think her character's reaction is lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    I'm bummed Matt's turned on Caroline. If this is the end to her character, I'm going to have MAJOR issues with the writers - esp. after they made me pull a 180 and really like her character compared to last season...

Can't believe it's almost May sweeps and season finale time - I'm not ready yet!!!
    I couldn't agree with you more, Caroline went from a "please just kill her off " to a "must see every week" character. One of the more mature ones on the show, Elena could learn alot from Caroline.

I think Klauss could just walk into Elena's house because he was in Alerics body and Aleric isn't technically a vampire....maybe?

I like Elena but really....why not just go ahead and become a vampire?
    Click to see Spoiler:
    She does in the books. Grrr...
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

You all have great insight and summaries into the show and I couldn't agree more!

1) Damon=HOT!!!
    2) Elena=Idiot
    3) Isobell and Catherine=Self Absorbed
    4) Caroline=Awesome
    5) Bonnie=Knew she was faking it/like her and Damon's new friendship
    6) Sherrif and Matt=Please don't kill Caroline
    7) Damon=HOT!!! Did I say this already?!

This show is really heating up!!! It's so damn good!

Oddly enough, I'm really liking Elijah right now. And it was waaayyyy past time for Jenna to learn the truth. After all...SHE'S the one that kept inviting unwanted vampires into the house!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Loved the Elijah/Klaus backstory last night!

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    And it was waaayyyy past time for Jenna to learn the truth. After all...SHE'S the one that kept inviting unwanted vampires into the house!
    I have never understood this ridiculous approach (and it appears in so many shows!)--what kind of logic is used to determine that it is safer for someone to NOT know something extremely vital that could save their life (i.e.- about vampires who you should not invite inside...or frolicking around without a clue) than to actually be aware and know how to protect yourself?

So dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    I have never understood this ridiculous approach (and it appears in so many shows!)--what kind of logic is used to determine that it is safer for someone to NOT know something extremely vital that could save their life (i.e.- about vampires who you should not invite inside...or frolicking around without a clue) than to actually be aware and know how to protect yourself?

So dumb.
    Weeeeeeell, you did see Jenna's initial reaction she though that Alaric was basically having a psychotic breakdown and still didn't believe it even when Stephan had a knife to Alaric's throat. I think she got a hint when Stephan did the the vampire eyes for her.

+ Reply to Thread