+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: The Vampire Diaries - CW

Re: The Vampire Diaries - CW

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4191248;
    Still before we have seen the "Be ringed ones" recover rather quickly. Bit of a plot hole there.
    I'm not sure, but didn't they show Aleric's finger moving when the wolves were in the room? I know the camera panned to it and you got the implication that Damon noticed it. So maybe he was awake but didn't really know what to do. They were outnumbered. I'd have to watch it again.

I liked this episode. Heck, I like them all!

Just when I'm really starting to like Tyler, he ups and leaves town. I know he won't be gone too long but still....

I'm sorry but this has to be said. Ian Somerhalder is the sexiest man on television. And nobody gives a glare quite like him.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4191429;
    I'm not sure, but didn't they show Aleric's finger moving when the wolves were in the room? I know the camera panned to it and you got the implication that Damon noticed it. So maybe he was awake but didn't really know what to do. They were outnumbered. I'd have to watch it again.

I liked this episode. Heck, I like them all!

Just when I'm really starting to like Tyler, he ups and leaves town. I know he won't be gone too long but still....

I'm sorry but this has to be said. Ian Somerhalder is the sexiest man on television. And nobody gives a glare quite like him.
    I hated when he was killed off on Lost and am loving him even more as Damon here. My only problem with the show is that there's no reason for Damon to be in every scene...but I wish he was!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;4191566;
    I hated when he was killed off on Lost and am loving him even more as Damon here. My only problem with the show is that there's no reason for Damon to be in every scene...but I wish he was!
    I don't even watch this show, but if I did it would be for him. Just too many shows on my radar now, but maybe I'll buy the "seasons" as they come out.

It's well worth the buy!! The first episode or two weren't overly good, but it certainly picked up!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;4191739;
    It's well worth the buy!! The first episode or two weren't overly good, but it certainly picked up!
    How many seasons have there been so far... it's pretty new, no?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4191837;
    How many seasons have there been so far... it's pretty new, no?
    This is season 2.

I do have to say that I thought the first 4 or 5 episodes (of season 1) were kinda bad then something just clicked and the show has gotten better and better.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4192022;
    This is season 2.

I do have to say that I thought the first 4 or 5 episodes (of season 1) were kinda bad then something just clicked and the show has gotten better and better.
    I honestly think the first few episodes struggled because the characters were practically caricatures in a predicatable, boring melodrama and Damon (who I believe is central to the plot via his character and terrific acting) was simply a wild man not really involved in the story. I mean seriously, there was some fog, something ate a few folks around town and we were all confused.
    back to the story:
    Essentially we had a pretty girl with a sad past who was instantly the object of the mysterious vampire's affection because, well, just because (like we havent seen that a million times).... and to make it even more ho-hum she had exactly one nice chum and one pretty, shallow blonde (who incidentally also wanted the mysterious vampire) that appeared a lot and had a bit of an attitude. It had teen movie written all over it. BUT then, we got Damon in high dosages (and the doctor can prescribe that to me anytime), a sexy triangle (fueled by history, desire, rage, right v. forbidden and love), some much-needed depth to the supporting characters and an interesting backstory to bring the audience in. It's a shame it took them a few episodes to get us there but I am glad the show finally found its footing and Im looking forward to more supernatural fun and penetrating glares from the eldest salvatore brother!
    Last edited by mindy384; 02-14-2011 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4192022;
    This is season 2.

I agree. It did get off to a slow start but I think it was because they were busy acclimating us with the characters, back history, etc. Once they got through the muck of that and started sinking their teeth (no pun intended) into the plot is when it really got good.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4192157;
    I agree. It did get off to a slow start but I think it was because they were busy acclimating us with the characters, back history, etc. Once they got through the muck of that and started sinking their teeth (no pun intended) into the plot is when it really got good.
    Thankfully "the powers that be" at CW let this show find its footing unlike some other networks that cancel shows after 1 or 2 episodes.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Another great episode!! Totally didn't see Alaric stabbing Elijah coming - and then Damon takes the stake out... I also really didn't think Elena would actually stab herself - wow! Loved getting more of Damon's backstory - cute, dorky, nice guy that he was.

So now we have Catherine back...I just don't find her storyline that interesting - except when she kisses Damon and it looks like Elena's with him - okay, maybe that's crazy talk.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread