+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Vampire Diaries - CW

Re: The Vampire Diaries - CW

I hated Ian on Lost, but he is more than making up for it as Damon! I was highly skeptical of this show at first, but unlike 90210 and Melrose Place (etc), this show has gotten a heck of a lot better. I'm really enjoying it and cannot believe that the finale is this week!

How wacked is that John Gilbert is Elena's father.

Why does Katherine want to kill the Tomb Vampires?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Ok...I did NOT see what happened in the kitchen coming at all. Wow. I kept thinking...what in the hell is Elena doing!!!!????? I'm guessing that the mayor and his son are
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the furries that appear.
    Or at least the mayor WAS....lol

I was a little surprised that they killed off Jeremy's love interest. I actually liked her character and was disappointed that she won't be around any longer. And WTF....is Jeremy going to change or be saved? I can't wait to find out!

Damon.....He was so great in this episode. The boy has some serious acting chops. You could read the emotions he was feeling when he was talking to Jeremy and then Elena in his eyes. It seemed real. Someone needs to take note and start casting him as the lead in some movies. And I thought he was sexy as a bad boy, but this tortured, good guy fighting to get out thing he has going on now is ......wow. Just. Wow.

What happened to sweet little Bonnie? I can't decide if I like the new confident, hard Bonnie or not. I like that she knows her magic now but I miss the soft side to her.

Next season should be a real kick in the pants. I can't wait!!!!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3898300;
    I hated Ian on Lost, but he is more than making up for it as Damon! I was highly skeptical of this show at first, but unlike 90210 and Melrose Place (etc), this show has gotten a heck of a lot better. I'm really enjoying it and cannot believe that the finale is this week!
    Funny, I loved Ian on Lost and was having a really hard time watching him as Damon with all that makeup on his face!! Now that they've removed most of it, I'm not so distracted and love his character.

So where do we think next season will pick up?? Will Damon realize he just kissed Catherine (I mean, how could he not, right?) and come to save the day or will they fast-forward a few months and we'll only hear passing reference to what happened. I hope it's the former! Now that Daddy Dearest (the mayor) is dead, will his son become the Alpha Male (do all vampire books have to have werewolves??) And will Jeremy become a vamp??

Side question -- was anyone else bothered by Jeremy's being so upset and then taking all those pills? I just hate the thought of kids being so "down" that they're driven to kill themselves, nevermind watching it on a t.v. show. And to romanticize his "death" by becoming a vampire?? Major BOO! to Vampire Diaries for taking the show there!!! [I mean, it's not like they couldn't have had Jeremy attacked and then as he was nearing death, slip the vial of blood out of his pocket or something!] Okay, rant over.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

ďI donít want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my painÖ It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.Ē - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3902807;

Side question -- was anyone else bothered by Jeremy's being so upset and then taking all those pills? I just hate the thought of kids being so "down" that they're driven to kill themselves, nevermind watching it on a t.v. show. And to romanticize his "death" by becoming a vampire?? Major BOO! to Vampire Diaries for taking the show there!!! [I mean, it's not like they couldn't have had Jeremy attacked and then as he was nearing death, slip the vial of blood out of his pocket or something!] Okay, rant over.
    I agree that it's not a good message to send to the teens that watch the show, but if they do it right, it could work and send a more positive message. They just need someone to find him, save him and then ream his ass a good one...lol. And then get him the help he needs. I really don't want him to become a vampire , at least not at this point.

All I know is that I CAN'T WAIT to see how Elena reacts when she walks into her kitchen. Is it fall yet?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I had a really strong reaction to Jeremy's reaction to everything. I think that message is such a poor one. Though we all know why it happened in the context of the storyline, there are people out there who may not see it that way.

However, overall it was a very strong finale!

Who is John Galt?

Love Ian Somerhalder as Damon. The man is gorgeous and hot. I also like him better in his tortured soul mode than the naughty boy, but both personas are okay by me (I just enjoy looking at that beautiful face). I agree that Jeremy's teenage angst over lost loves is sending the wrong message, but unfortunately, the inability for teens to handle adolescent pressures and using suicide as a solution is becoming more an more common. The show has definitely gotten better than its struggling beginning (I almost stopped watching).

I too was very angry over how Jeremy acted. So much teenage angst. I guess since Elena is such a strong character and is not pining away ala Bella someone has too. I too think Jeremy taking pills to kill himself is a cop out because he knows he will become a vampire. Then what, become a worst monster than Damon because he no longer feels. Really bad, bad message to send anyone.

Elena/Katherine chopping off John Gilbert's fingers was definitely a surprise.

Stupid question alert! Is Bonie the same actress who was playing her before she disappeared? She just looks different to me. Or is that a part of her "transformation"?

Quote Originally Posted by dixiegrl91;3906944;
    Stupid question alert! Is Bonie the same actress who was playing her before she disappeared? She just looks different to me. Or is that a part of her "transformation"?
    Same, the hair is different more off her face and she is playing it hard and bitter instead of sweet and naive.

+ Reply to Thread