+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 290

Thread: Flash Forward, ABC

  1. #61
    FORT Devotee Mike'sgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    5,152

    Re: Flash Forward, ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3712378;
    There's a book??
    Yes!!!!
    Flashforward is a science fiction novel by Canadian author Robert J. Sawyer first published in 1999.

    Thanks Gutmutter I will see if the library has it, otherwise I will order it. Your Kindle certainly makes itself useful in a timely fashion! Ahh, is it Christmas yet?
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

  2. #62
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,872

    Re: Flash Forward, ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3712281;
    I agree, and that age old debate on free will vs destiny will probably be the ongoing theme for this show. I believe in both, but sometimes I think it is very difficult to change things, because of a natural compulsion to follow the path open to you and a natural resistance to deviate. I have no idea how much in our lives can be renegotiated, but I do love "thinking:" that perhaps sometimes I can make a difference, improve or alter an outcome, or at the very least, that I have the option to make a change.
    I am looking forward to seeing how this show plays out this theme.

    Dogg Thanks for the link, I am having fun with it, and look forward to seeing what more will come of it.
    I just remember seeing so many stories about prophecies of doom and if there was an individual involved the surrounding people usually treated the indivudual so badly because they were afraid of the prophecy that they ended up with the extact outcome they afraid of.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  3. #63
    Yes we Did! - Twice!! Katydyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the playground in my mind
    Posts
    3,133

    Re: Flash Forward, ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3712718;
    I just remember seeing so many stories about prophecies of doom and if there was an individual involved the surrounding people usually treated the indivudual so badly because they were afraid of the prophecy that they ended up with the extact outcome they afraid of.
    Exactly! My mind will go in endless circles thinking about free will vs destiny. Because, if you know something is going to happen, so you work at making the outcome different, does what you did to try and make it different, actually cause it to happen instead ? I'd be second guessing every move I made instead of just naturally letting things play out because of the choices I made without knowing the end results. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out. I didn't ever get into Lost, but I'm liking this one
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata


    "I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

  4. #64
    Why I rarely post... Wryle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Way Down South in Dixie
    Age
    42
    Posts
    517

    Re: Flash Forward, ABC

    I enjoyed the show and am looking forward to the season, but wanted to comment on how geekily excited I was to see Seth McFarland in something not 'Family Guy' related! (He was one of the FBI agents in the meeting after the blackout.)
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

  5. #65
    FORT Fanatic pfeifferdcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    So California
    Age
    44
    Posts
    582

    Re: Flash Forward, ABC

    Thanks Wryle! I kept thinking who's that guy!
    I really liked the show. I watched it on Friday & am wondering if they put the same things between the show & the commercials on Thursdays? For example after the kangaroo jumped by they said something like that is significant go to whatever website to read about it.
    I also wondered why no one was wondering about aliens? Like if the whole world blacked out, wouldn't some people think aliens? Because how else would there be "technology" to knock everyone out?
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

  6. #66
    FORT Fogey mindy384's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,865

    Re: Flash Forward, ABC

    Im just waiting for Richard to say: "It's time to go back to the island...things may not make sense there either, but heck, at least I can't die."
    _____________
    And, in some weird way, I think he looks better with eyeliner.

    What are the suggestions about reading the book?

  7. #67
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,314

    Re: Flash Forward, ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;3713946;
    Thanks Wryle! I kept thinking who's that guy!
    I really liked the show. I watched it on Friday & am wondering if they put the same things between the show & the commercials on Thursdays? For example after the kangaroo jumped by they said something like that is significant go to whatever website to read about it.
    I also wondered why no one was wondering about aliens? Like if the whole world blacked out, wouldn't some people think aliens? Because how else would there be "technology" to knock everyone out?
    I am one of the dorks who watched it both Thursday and Friday nights. No, the things they said in the commercials on Friday night were not there on Thursday. In contrast, after the show on Friday, they only showed previews for next week's show, but after the show on Thursday, they showed previews for the entire season. So I guess they gave us a little something different each night!

  8. #68
    as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,858

    Re: Flash Forward, ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3714193;
    I am one of the dorks who watched it both Thursday and Friday nights. No, the things they said in the commercials on Friday night were not there on Thursday. In contrast, after the show on Friday, they only showed previews for next week's show, but after the show on Thursday, they showed previews for the entire season. So I guess they gave us a little something different each night!
    I'm in the dork club

    Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

  9. #69
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    6,183

    Re: Flash Forward, ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;3714278;
    I'm in the dork club
    Count me as a member. I aslo recorded it for future review.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

    http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

  10. #70
    FORT Fogey canadian_angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    the province with the really long name
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,714

    Re: Flash Forward, ABC

    I finally got around to watching this (there are TOO many shows on tv!!!). I absolutely LOVED it. It had my pulse racing.. except for when Seth was on the screen. All I could hear was "Brian" from Family Guy. It was great to see him on a show though.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.