+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Flash Forward, ABC

Re: Flash Forward, ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3712092;
    Here's a question... if they know what date and time they are going to flash forward to, when that time comes, why are they caught on the john, caught by people with flashlights and guns, anywhere NEAR water, etc.????? Couldn't they write themselves a note and hold it up to be seen? If you didn't like what you saw (drinking again) why not try to change the course of events starting with some random little thing (putting the friendship bracelet on the other wrist)? And what about the time loop of the yellow notes on the bulletin board that he wrote and stuck up there as soon as he starts the investigation? He put them there because he saw them/he saw them because he put them there. Do they mean anything at all? How could they?
    I think you have actually zeroed in on one of the main philosophical points of the show - how much of the future is pre-determined and can't be changed, and how much of it can? The tie in to this, which I think will be interesting is that remember some people were very happy with their visions (the sponsor, the guy who was going to kill himself), while others are terrified of theirs. So if you have some people actively trying to make their future visions come true, while you have others that are actively trying to prevent theirs from coming true - and understanding that this really is a global economy and we are all entertwined now - how will that play out? Gonna be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleighTKB;3712018;
    I was thinking that maybe she saw something happen to Charlie? I know it was scary for her them to both black out, and that she WAS supposed to be babysitting, but the way she freaked out and checked up on the kid made me think...I dunno, Charlie was in danger in her vision?

If I were her I'd assume we bumped heads and got knocked out, or something like that. and calmly gone to check on the kid to make sure me falling didn't wake her up, not that something like totally crazy happened y'know?
    Maybe. I actually went to a different place with her vision, given the previews we have seen for the future. I think her reaction to Charlie was more she knew she was supposed to be babysitting and didn't know what happened - so she was afraid perhaps they were knocked out by someone who then kidnapped Charlie. I think if I was in that situation, that would have been my first thought too - or wanting to make sure Charlie didn't hurt herself, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3712097;
    Well, I was curious about the kangaroo.

I wonder if they will say how many people died?
    Can't even begin to think about the kangaroo - is this going to be like the polar bears on Lost???

When my husband saw it Friday night, he originally asked if there was a zoo nearby. I never even thought that - I immediately thought it was relevant (guess I am looking for the conspiracy theories already). I was actually curious, because they showed a guy standing there just in his tighty-whiteys and then they turned away and the kangaroo went by - so I wondered if there was a connection there. FWIW, right after that scene, it went to commercial, and at least in my area there was a voiceover re-showing the scene with the kangaroo and saying it was relevant. It then said to go to abc.com to see what they meant. Haven't gone there yet - but wondered if anyone else had and what (if anything) it said?

I couldn't stand it - I went to Amazon and downloaded the book on my Kindle. I'm 1/3 of the way through and so far no kangaroos.
    Count your blessings!

i mentioned the Kangaroo in my original post

i don't think they put it there randomly, and i dismissed the zoo thing immediately because it doesn't make sense... in that scene they showed the standard people looting during a crisis, an old dude in a diaper, and no other animals

i am willing to bet the dude in the diaper and the kangaroo are clues

hmm, maybe the alternate universe theme... somehow the worlds blended and in the alternate world the kangaroos are a plenty in los angeles and grown men wear diapers

i bet there was probably a bunch of stuff embeded in the episode that will have to be sleuthed

gonna have to watch it again

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3712188;
    I think you have actually zeroed in on one of the main philosophical points of the show - how much of the future is pre-determined and can't be changed, and how much of it can? The tie in to this, which I think will be interesting is that remember some people were very happy with their visions (the sponsor, the guy who was going to kill himself), while others are terrified of theirs. So if you have some people actively trying to make their future visions come true, while you have others that are actively trying to prevent theirs from coming true - and understanding that this really is a global economy and we are all entertwined now - how will that play out? Gonna be interesting.

I agree, and that age old debate on free will vs destiny will probably be the ongoing theme for this show. I believe in both, but sometimes I think it is very difficult to change things, because of a natural compulsion to follow the path open to you and a natural resistance to deviate. I have no idea how much in our lives can be renegotiated, but I do love "thinking:" that perhaps sometimes I can make a difference, improve or alter an outcome, or at the very least, that I have the option to make a change.
    I am looking forward to seeing how this show plays out this theme.

Dogg Thanks for the link, I am having fun with it, and look forward to seeing what more will come of it.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3712188;
    Right---for example, in the book (which has a couple of decades flashforward, not 6 mo) one guy hears that someone remembered reading in a newspaper about his murder...so of course he tries to prevent it. I haven't seen the show yet, so don't know if they used that particular example in it.

I just finished reading the book. No kangaroos. I don't think reading the book will interfere with watching the show. I think they're using some of the same themes, but taking it to a different place. Glad to have it as a reference, though.
    Count your blessings!

I just look at some of the hints on the show's sites. There's nothing really spoilerish; they are just pointing out some things to watch for. One of them was about the kangaroo.

Click to see Spoiler:
    The original intension was for the kangaroo to just be a brief point of interest. Maybe it was being transported by a vehicle that crashed. Then they discovered that the cast, crew, and viewers really liked the kangaroo and they are weaving it into the story. They say we'll know more by the end of the season.

They also mentioned that the show in which they catch up with themselves will be aired on April 29 and that the number 137, which is the number of seconds in 2 minutes, 17 seconds, will be significant.

I found them fun to read, and as stated, not very spoilerish. There are 10 of these short clips on the sight if anyone wants to know more.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3712201;
    I couldn't stand it - I went to Amazon and downloaded the book on my Kindle. I'm 1/3 of the way through and so far no kangaroos.
    There's a book??
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread