+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Flash Forward, ABC

Re: Flash Forward, ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3711571;
    obligatory website:

The Mosaic Collective
    Fascinating with a spooky pulsing tonal background. I noticed that among the viewer "wishes" for their flash forward there were some from the show. Nicely set up interactive site.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3711571;
    obligatory website:

The Mosaic Collective
    Thanks for sharing!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Thanks so much for that link, Dogg. I'll be following it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Now THIS was a good show!!!!!!
    I couldn't turn away. I had it taped & kept rewinding (yes, I still use an old VCR) to rewatch & catch more details.
    I got the same feeling I got the first episode of Lost, and Life on Mars (I'm still grieving that show. Why it didn't succeed amazes me, but the DVD is currently on it's way.)
    I really got pulled in to not only the main storyline, but to the individual characters' stories.
    Definitely looking forward to next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3711035;
    In contrast to V, which in its first incarnation was a metaphor for the Civil Rights Movement,
    Not to be a nitpicker, but the original V was a metaphor for the Hitler & the Nazi takeover of Germany, leading to WW2. I read that somewhere at the time in an interview with those responsible for the original show. They detailed the similarities & it was really creepy to watch the show knowing that & that in a way it really had happened.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

not normally what I would think to be my kind of show but I really enjoyed it. I never watched Lost which I understand has the same sort of confusing hints. I enjoyed the storyline and the different types of characters. now I really love Thursday nite ABC!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3711306;
    I kept thinking "Penny" (Lost) every time I saw Sonya Walger. Impressed with the American accent, had I not known she was born in London, I would have assumed she was American.

Originally Posted by Dogg
    btw, i wonder what the babysitter/nanny's vision was, because she seemed really worried
    She seemed terrified, and I wondered that as well.
    I was thinking that maybe she saw something happen to Charlie? I know it was scary for her them to both black out, and that she WAS supposed to be babysitting, but the way she freaked out and checked up on the kid made me think...I dunno, Charlie was in danger in her vision?

If I were her I'd assume we bumped heads and got knocked out, or something like that. and calmly gone to check on the kid to make sure me falling didn't wake her up, not that something like totally crazy happened y'know?

Here's a question... if they know what date and time they are going to flash forward to, when that time comes, why are they caught on the john, caught by people with flashlights and guns, anywhere NEAR water, etc.????? Couldn't they write themselves a note and hold it up to be seen? If you didn't like what you saw (drinking again) why not try to change the course of events starting with some random little thing (putting the friendship bracelet on the other wrist)? And what about the time loop of the yellow notes on the bulletin board that he wrote and stuck up there as soon as he starts the investigation? He put them there because he saw them/he saw them because he put them there. Do they mean anything at all? How could they?
    Count your blessings!

Well, I was curious about the kangaroo.

I wonder if they will say how many people died?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3711798;
    Not to be a nitpicker, but the original V was a metaphor for the Hitler & the Nazi takeover of Germany, leading to WW2. I read that somewhere at the time in an interview with those responsible for the original show. They detailed the similarities & it was really creepy to watch the show knowing that & that in a way it really had happened.
    Now that you mention it, I do remember that comparison being done. However, my fading memories of the show, especially when George became involved, was that prejudice against the aliens ran rampant. Maybe that is where the Hitler comparison came in...the aliens were isolated in camp like conditions. I won't say anymore on this subject because obviously I need to head to Netflix and see if the series is for rent.

I've been ignoring the kangaroo because I don't want to get enmeshed in any clue searching, just storyline. I thought maybe a zookeeper was opening a gate when s/he blacked out, and animals got loose.

FORT Fan

Did anyone else notice the Oceanic billboard in the background while the two FBI agents were in the car during their stake out? I'm going to be looking for the Easter eggs in this one because I feel confident there will be many.

+ Reply to Thread