+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Flash Forward, ABC

Re: Flash Forward, ABC

I'm looking forward to this. I quit watching Survivor years ago so it's not a problem for me, although I'm disappointed that Ugly Betty isn't the lead-in to Grey's anymore. Flash Forward would probably do just as well in a Wed. time slot. I do love CSI and The Office, which conflict with Grey's but luckily CSI repeats On Demand and I have a dvr on my computer to catch The Office. I totally gave up on The Vampire Diaries after the first episode. I agree though, there's just too much going on Thursday night! By the way, how did Thursday become the be all end all of the ratings wars anyway? I think somewhere along the way it was media hype and now it's a self fulfilling prophecy. Why can't the networks get creative and hype up a new night of must see tv?
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I don't know ACF, you'd think that the prime target (18 - 49) would be gearing up to start celebrating for the weekend on Thursday nights, and fewer viewers would be on board. (More then Friday, but less then Wednesday). But, perhaps that is the reason - fewer viewers, so they power struggle to win them? It makes no sense to me really, and why don't they care about anyone over 49? Grrrh!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Oh my goodness. Great show...very intense. I loved it. I can't wait for next week. I think that Simon, the little boy's dad, has something to do with it. I don't know what but when they showed the lone awake man in Detroit he came to my mind.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I loved the show and am very pleased that it was as strong a premiere as I hoped for! I can't wait and am clearly addicted to it.

At first I thought that the little boy might have something to do with it, because he knew Olivia's name, but then I realized that he probably "saw" her in his future and that was how he knew. Very pleased with this one!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I also loved this! Sooooo thankful that I have cable and can now see all regular channels, not just NBC!

I was really impressed with this show. I am curious to see what they do at the end of the season - it has the potential to tick people off like Lost did with some - if they don't provide enough answers by the end of the season before they pose more questions. But I really enjoyed it and I do think it will be a good show this season. Glad I came here, because it was driving me nuts last night as to who the lead character was and where I knew him from - Joseph Fiennes.

Also, as someone who is from Detroit (well, surrounding burbs), I actually laughed at the very end. There's enough terrible crap going on in Michigan and Detroit right now - why they gotta pick Detroit for the bad guy to be located????? And at Comerica Park right as the Tigers are in the middle of a penant run!!!! Seriously, we got enough stuff here - put the bad guy ANYWHERE else in the world!!

:nono there's obviously more to the story than just maybe people trying to fix/change the next 6 mos of there lives (if that is the intentions of the characters)

the fact that a midget Kangaroo hopped across the street made me wonder if that was just something random or if the writers were trying to clue us into something

i did like the touches at the end with the friendship bracelet, the future *lover* of "Penelope" showing up at the hospital to see his son ("Penelope's" patient) I like how they did that

and the end where the mysterious dark figure of someone in the stadium I guess some think it's the same unknown guy in

there gonna make stuff up as they go along like LOST did

Very funny, KatesMom! But, I do have a question about why mysterious beings are always dressed in long black coats? Hm...perhaps it's Dr. Who trying to save the world from a catastrophe that happens 4/29/2010 (I know/knew two people with birthdays that day.) I think if not Dr. Who, then humans (rogue or planned) from the future who try to do the same thing in order to "save" or make better their future. If Aliens...why? Unless their planned landing date is 4/29 and they need to make humans work for or against a smooth landing. Too bad the flash forward date wasn't Nov. 3, 2009, then it could tie in neatly with the premiere of V.

So far I like the characters in this interesting puzzle - "How does your future jive with my future?" Thank goodness for bull pens or the FBI agent may have forgotten his "dream" if there was no sharing going on. While there are stressful pieces to each dream, I'm glad we got the stressors out in the open (sort of...drinking not confessed) between the two lead characters. That way the last scene makes sense when the little boy who knew he would be all right and said Olivia's name wasn't a strange coincidence when his father shows up at his bed side. From the look on his face when he saw her, I would say they both had the same vision. The little girl said, "bad times ahead" also indicating family drama and gave her daddy the woven bracelet to remember her when he was gone.

It will be interesting as the season moves onward whether individuals bow to their fate or fight against it...that is already starting with the one family.

In contrast to V, which in its first incarnation was a metaphor for the Civil Rights Movement, this theme seems like a push to recognize a post-apocalyptic landscape where rather than race pitted against race, it is human pitted against the universe (and physics - either meta or real.)

We had parents' night, so I only got to see the end, but I turned it on and yelled, "Shakespear and Penny!" Luckily there's an encore show tonight. I've been looking for something at 8 on a school night.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3711035;
    Very funny, KatesMom! But, I do have a question about why mysterious beings are always dressed in long black coats? Hm...perhaps it's Dr. Who trying to save the world from a catastrophe that happens 4/29/2010 (I know/knew two people with birthdays that day.) I think if not Dr. Who, then humans (rogue or planned) from the future who try to do the same thing in order to "save" or make better their future. If Aliens...why? Unless their planned landing date is 4/29 and they need to make humans work for or against a smooth landing. Too bad the flash forward date wasn't Nov. 3, 2009, then it could tie in neatly with the premiere of V.

So far I like the characters in this interesting puzzle - "How does your future jive with my future?" Thank goodness for bull pens or the FBI agent may have forgotten his "dream" if there was no sharing going on. While there are stressful pieces to each dream, I'm glad we got the stressors out in the open (sort of...drinking not confessed) between the two lead characters. That way the last scene makes sense when the little boy who knew he would be all right and said Olivia's name wasn't a strange coincidence when his father shows up at his bed side. From the look on his face when he saw her, I would say they both had the same vision. The little girl said, "bad times ahead" also indicating family drama and gave her daddy the woven bracelet to remember her when he was gone.

It will be interesting as the season moves onward whether individuals bow to their fate or fight against it...that is already starting with the one family.

In contrast to V, which in its first incarnation was a metaphor for the Civil Rights Movement, this theme seems like a push to recognize a post-apocalyptic landscape where rather than race pitted against race, it is human pitted against the universe (and physics - either meta or real.)

I think this is a show with definite possibilities, and I hope they don't do something stupid with it. Based on the previews, and the guy walking around on the video at the end, there does seem to be a man-made component to what happened. I definitely can't wait to see how they explain something man-made that was capable of causing the entire world to black out for 2:17 and see their future at the same time.

Your comment with regard to the guy's father - I would think he had to have had the same vision as Olivia. Since it appears that everyone jumped to the exact same moment in time in the future, I think the idea was that all people who were connected at that point in the future will have the same vision. But that will definitely be weird to watch it unfold - how do you interact with someone you have just met, if you both know that six months in the future, you are obviously intimate and in love?

+ Reply to Thread