+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829

Thread: Flash Forward, ABC

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Flash Forward, ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3893519;
    still watching, but really this show is boring and the characters aren't where you can like become a fan. the lead guy looks like he belongs in an M Night Shymalan movie. Janis is the only character i enjoy because i like looking at her. I liked seeing Annabeth Gish on there (haven't seen her in a while)

it was a good effort, but they need to gone and call it quits. the hiatus was the biggest issue because it lost any momentum it had and just before it had returned like i said earlier, i tried to rewatch it and the interest wasnt there
    For me there's virtually no difference between having a hiatus or tuning back in for a new season, so the hiatus didn't bother me at all, in fact I was looking forward to the additional episodes.

I like the show --- even though I myself wouldn't have chosen Joseph Fiennes to play the lead -- (and there are some other characters I don't particularly like the look of) --- but people, in real life we have to deal with different kinds of people who look and act all sorts of ways -- many of whom we don't like. I think that ADDS TO what makes this show interesting.

I've read that the show won't be back in the Fall. That's okay with me, so long as all of the questions are answered before the show ends. In fact, I think the show has a perfect premise to run for just one year, and then be over. Dragging it out over more seasons would, to me, just be way too long. I wish that Lost had only been one year. It was a great original concept --- having the group of people lost on a strange island -- but it jumped the shark with all of the crazy things that went on over the years.

I've just read that things are looking better for a second season of FlashForward. I hope that is so. Even with its flaws, it holds my interest and does have promise. I think it's getting better, and I do prefer it to V.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I'm still loving the show. Every week they seem to put in another twist.
    I like the plot lines with the doctor that has cancer, Olivia & Lloyd, Agent Noh, and Gabriel?(the guy who has had all of the flashforwards)... really interested to see what they find out from him.
    And Janice... seems like she's working for the FBI, and CIA and the flashforward group... does that make her a triple agent???

FORT Fogey

I read that both this show and V are in danger of cancellation, mainly due to the hiatus. Surely TV execs are aware that many viewers lose interest during a hiatus, so why they still do it makes no sense to me. It went on a lot longer than the Olympics, so that's not the only excuse. The article also said that FF has not delivered on the excitement that characterized the first episodes. Personally, count me in as one who has lost interest, plus I have trouble following the plot sometimes.

CANCELLED!!

It was announced today. Apparently V has been renewed.
    Looks like I backed the wrong horse.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I have to give Props to the finale episode. First, let me say that when I started watching the last episode, I didn't know that it was the season finale, let alone the series finale --- and what an exciting episode it was! I loved the fact that no matter how hard everyone tried to change (or in a couple of cases to produce) the reality of the vision that they saw, almody everyone's flash forward happened just as they had seen it, and most of them were great! If the show were to go on to a 2nd season, I couldn't imagine what the writers would've had in store, other than prolonging the storyline of the first flash forward, so what a brilliant twist it was to have a whole new flash forward to unravel!

BUT, I guess that isn't going to happen, as the show has apparently been cancelled. I really enjoyed the show and thought it was actually a perfect scenario for a one year long show. (Almost like a one-year long mini-series. Other countries actually do that. In several countries in Asia, for example, it is very common to have dramas lasting 6 months or longer, and then they're over.)

My only regret is that once the writers knew the show was cancelled, they should've taken the initiative to answer all of the unanswered questions -- but I guess there wasn't time as the show wasn't cancelled until after the last episode was in the can. But all in all, I have to say, great job Flash Forward -- it was very exciting and well done!

I didn't realize that the show was cancelled. That sucks. If I'd known, I wouldn't have watched the last couple episodes.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3918906;
    My only regret is that once the writers knew the show was cancelled, they should've taken the initiative to answer all of the unanswered questions -- but I guess there wasn't time as the show wasn't cancelled until after the last episode was in the can. But all in all, I have to say, great job Flash Forward -- it was very exciting and well done!
    I wish they'd have been able to reshoot some of those finale scenes so that we would have been able to have a better sense of closure. There were far too many images that flashed in that last 30 seconds to really be able to have an understanding of it all.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Loved the final show... wish it wasn't over.
    I agree though, there were some plotlines that really weren't wrapped up as nicely as they could have been.
    And why did Mark wait so long to try to get OUT of the building?? Especially after he saw the bombs ticking down??
    I thought it was interesting that Janice's baby was a boy instead of a girl... I wonder what changed in her life that caused that fluctuation in the future? How would Lloyd's last minute discoveries change the future? What impact would Simon make? How would they stop flashforwards from happening in the future?
    And WHY did the group responsible want to create global flashforwards at all??

There are so many avenues this show could have explored, and especially what impact changes from the original flashforwards would have made (ex Dimitri being alive).
    I'm sad this show won't be continuing.
    So many unanswered questions... I'll definitely miss this show.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3919278;
    I wish they'd have been able to reshoot some of those finale scenes so that we would have been able to have a better sense of closure. There were far too many images that flashed in that last 30 seconds to really be able to have an understanding of it all.

all i got from that is that teenage charlie may have discovered that daddy is alive

i won't even bother to try and rewatch because i thought the show that initially seemed to have some promise went in the wrong direction. the writing got wierd imo and i watched just because

+ Reply to Thread