+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Flash Forward, ABC

Re: Flash Forward, ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3764034;
    Just read an article that the hiatus until March is because when they do come back, they want to run the rest of the season uninterrupted. If they came back in January, they would have had four different breaks in schedule because of the Olympics and other scheduled programming.

I don't know if it's true or not, but it does seem plausible.
    I know I read that they were only planning to take a one week hiatus break in production....... that may still be true. They would film the entire rest of season, but just wait on showing it until March.

If they have since decided to hold production until farther out, that is not a good sign to me. Also, didn't they recently lose one of their show creators??? I thought I read somewhere that one of the two decided to leave. But, I can't remember where I saw that, (if it is even true).
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;3764120;
    I'm disappointed in the hiatus mainly because it finally felt like we were starting to get somewhere. I felt the show was picking up steam and connections were happening that were keeping my interest. I like how Dominic M. is now working with the FBI and that they even managed to stump his "magnificent genius" I also thought the part about Noh's fiance figuring out the memorial and talking with his mother was a really well-done scene.

Also, I felt that Olivia & Commander Norrington's convo about "Alternate Worlds" was a big potential clue. I was thinking well, how does everyone know their FF was in this reality and not actually a glimpse into the alternate world???

And finally, I can't recall a show where I have disliked the main character as much as I dislike Benford. He's rash, impulsive and doesn't seem that smart. I'm almost rooting for Olivia to ditch him for Norrington.
    For my part let's just say I won't feel that bad if it happens...she's so clearly better matched with him (except for the part where he ditched the wife and left her with the autistic kid whom he barely knew...not exactly knight in shining armour stuff there! Hoping they put some back story in to explain it...). A shame she didn't hook up with him in this world... of course they can't "wish" that as it would erradicate their kids, but....
    I figured that was a funeral a while ago when I realized the parents were in white... which I seem to recall as the traditional Asian funeral color in I think more than one culture.
    I agree it seems like the Alternate Worlds thing may play into this in the future.

The second half of Season 1 starts this Thursday. After Lost tonight, there will be a recap of the first half of FlashForward's season 1 for anyone who wants to catchup.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3855858;
    The second half of Season 1 starts this Thursday. After Lost tonight, there will be a recap of the first half of FlashForward's season 1 for anyone who wants to catchup.
    I have to say that's a good pairing.

Anyone else watch? I liked it. I got the feeling that Simon's family had something to hide or that they weren't all telling the truth.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Yes, I watched it and will continue to do so. From some of the things I've read about what we can expect to see in this second half of the season, there could be some intriguiing developments.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3858542;
    Yes, I watched it and will continue to do so. From some of the things I've read about what we can expect to see in this second half of the season, there could be some intriguiing developments.
    I watched and got hooked again. Seemed like they tried to give us some answers finally - but I ended up with a bunch more questions. Although the one thing I am calling right now - Simon will be the father of Janice's baby (that's my guess, I don't have any inside information).
    Last edited by KatesMom; 03-19-2010 at 06:41 PM. Reason: to clarify i don't have any definite inside information and am just giving my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3858651;
    I watched and got hooked again. Seemed like they tried to give us some answers finally - but I ended up with a bunch more questions. Although the one thing I am calling right now - Simon will be the father of Janice's baby (that's my guess, I don't have any inside information).
    That was exactly my guess, based only on what I saw last night.

I watched both the recap & the new episode. My interest is still there, but I'm not sure for how long. I'm still willing to give this a chance.
    The new episode had a lot of new developments in it, but was a little too violent for me. I'm not a fan of scream & torture shows & it got to be a bit much.

One thing that kept bothering me is the whole date timeline. It was clear that it supposedly took right up where it left off last fall, but back then the dates corresponded with our "real" dates. Now it's all off kilter.
    For example, supposedly Dimitri was going to be murdered on March 15th. Well, that's past now, so how are they going to handle the date thing? How about the day in April they FlashForward'd to? Is that going to be off kilter too.

I HATE hiatuses! It threw this show all off.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3858651;
    Ugh, he's so vulgar and smarmy. If this is true, I hope the only way she winds up impregnated by him is from a sperm bank that used his "donation" by mistake!

+ Reply to Thread