+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Flash Forward, ABC

MRD

Re: Flash Forward, ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3752702;
    I know what you mean Lucky, I have felt the same way too. But on the other hand, isn't it nice, for a rare change, to have a network TV program that isn't "dumbed down" to the lowest common denominator? I get so sick of these moronic sit-coms that I want to scream. Thank goodness for cable tv where there's a bit more intelligent programming.
    I feel the same way. It may be confusing, but at least it's not dumbed down like so many shows.
    I'm really liking this show a lot. It does remind me a bit of LOST and that show had me confused for 4 seasons.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I really liked this week's episode. It was nice to get away from all the Benford angst we focus on so often. I also hope that Agent Benford got a little wake up call that maybe he's not the only person whose FF is making their life tough. I definitely felt for the sponsor.

It was nice to see more on the Dr. Bryce storyline. What was particularly interesting about that is that it shows 2 people who are taking actions to make their FF come true and that it seems without the FF event, they would not be on their current course. If Bryce hadn't had his FF, he would have given up and Keiko would likely be still in Japan. But they made changes to directly influence their lives to make their FF happen.

The NSA agent annoyed me when she was all suspecting of Noh even after all his colleagues, including his boss, acknowledged they were aware of his situation.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;3755400;
    I really liked this week's episode. It was nice to get away from all the Benford angst we focus on so often. I also hope that Agent Benford got a little wake up call that maybe he's not the only person whose FF is making their life tough. I definitely felt for the sponsor.

It was nice to see more on the Dr. Bryce storyline. What was particularly interesting about that is that it shows 2 people who are taking actions to make their FF come true and that it seems without the FF event, they would not be on their current course. If Bryce hadn't had his FF, he would have given up and Keiko would likely be still in Japan. But they made changes to directly influence their lives to make their FF happen.
    I totally agree Mia, and loved the little mini-love story. But here's what I don't get. . . The flash forward scene is supposed to take place 6 months after the blackout --- on April 29th, but their flash forward scene has taken place already. How can that be????

but their flash forward scene has taken place already.
    I don't think that's true. From what I could tell, everything we saw of Bryce & Keiko's FF was through their respective eyes during the blackout.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.

FORT Fogey

I was sorry to find out that the series will not resume until March. If ever there was a TV show that needs continuity to be followed and understood (at least by me), it's this one. (I never watched "Lost," but apparently it's the same with that show and all its frustrating stops and starts.)

There viewership numbers have been dropping per episode.
    The mistake I think, is that it is all intrigue/mystery and not enough comic relief. This is a challenging time for many people in the US, what they want is some degree of lightness in a show.... even if it is a compelling mystery. Now some may feel it is too mysterious, not enough answers soon enough...... I won't disagree, but the absence of someone on the show providing comic relief is obvious to me. We need to smile once in awhile or it isn't worth my time.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3763741;
    There viewership numbers have been dropping per episode.
    The mistake I think, is that it is all intrigue/mystery and not enough comic relief. This is a challenging time for many people in the US, what they want is some degree of lightness in a show.... even if it is a compelling mystery. Now some may feel it is too mysterious, not enough answers soon enough...... I won't disagree, but the absence of someone on the show providing comic relief is obvious to me. We need to smile once in awhile or it isn't worth my time.
    I completely agree with you about the comic relief, Mike'sgirl. Lost had Hurley and Sawyer for that from the start. Even Shakespeare understood the need for it.

I also think we need characters that we are motivated to invest in. Lost had that, too, in both their good and evil characters. We may not have liked some of those characters, but we did not want to see them go.

I don't mind the unanswered questions. That keeps it interesting for me and I will keep watching.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Right, more things like Keiko's love story would lighten things up.... In some ways the agent's interest in pregnancy is like that... working towards a good FF.

Just read an article that the hiatus until March is because when they do come back, they want to run the rest of the season uninterrupted. If they came back in January, they would have had four different breaks in schedule because of the Olympics and other scheduled programming.

I don't know if it's true or not, but it does seem plausible.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I'm disappointed in the hiatus mainly because it finally felt like we were starting to get somewhere. I felt the show was picking up steam and connections were happening that were keeping my interest. I like how Dominic M. is now working with the FBI and that they even managed to stump his "magnificent genius" I also thought the part about Noh's fiance figuring out the memorial and talking with his mother was a really well-done scene.

Also, I felt that Olivia & Commander Norrington's convo about "Alternate Worlds" was a big potential clue. I was thinking well, how does everyone know their FF was in this reality and not actually a glimpse into the alternate world???

And finally, I can't recall a show where I have disliked the main character as much as I dislike Benford. He's rash, impulsive and doesn't seem that smart. I'm almost rooting for Olivia to ditch him for Norrington.
    Women are Angels.

+ Reply to Thread