Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Flash Forward, ABC

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Flash Forward, ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3745801;
    show is too all over the place

i had completely forgot about starks seeeing his dead daughter there

problem is that the show will be doing it's a/b story and then will throw a totally unrelated piece of video footage in that doesn't mesh with the storyline (ie Simon)

@PWS, Al is the young black FBI guy that had shared a vision w/ the Brit chick who played on ER
    btw, the nanny girl reminds me of Adrienne (AMTM/Brady)
    I better not post here until I'm caught up!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3745748;
    The first thing that jumped into my mind was "Dream Sequence". I never for a moment thought that it was actually her. I was disapointed that they would use such a worn cliche as a dream as a cliff hanger.
    Ahh, well I never considered a possible dream sequence........Hmmmm. All along I have thought his flashforward would be true, and that Tracy was still alive.

I guess he could have been dreaming that he was walking in the door, seeing Tracy, but he really looked astonished........ If that is a dream, then I am not sure if that makes it less lame or not.

I don't know which version it will be, but I didn't like the way they revealed it...... I expected Tracy's arrival to be more memorable considering all the time they have devoted to convincing Aaron that she is dead.

Why the big mystery, (if she is alive) is she part of a secret ops? She didn't look like a paraplegic and I saw a leg, not sure if they were both there. It felt like they wanted to leave us with what was supposed to be a "shocker" but I just didn't feel it. The more they tried to convince me she was dead, the more I was convinced she is alive.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I'm confused about something. I know according to Charlie, D Gibbons is a bad man. But I thought it turned out D Gibbons was actually Didi Gibbons, the owner of Didelicous Cupcakes. What am I missing?

I watched all of the episodes back to back over the weekend, so I took in a lot of info at once.

Quote Originally Posted by grapenuts;3746259;
    I'm confused about something. I know according to Charlie, D Gibbons is a bad man. But I thought it turned out D Gibbons was actually Didi Gibbons, the owner of Didelicous Cupcakes. What am I missing?

I watched all of the episodes back to back over the weekend, so I took in a lot of info at once.
    Well, I had completely forgotten that info (too many bits and pieces to think about) but Didi shared the same name as the "bad D. Gibbons" who was in some way associated with, or responsible for the dolls to explode and burn. I am sure he is still around, just not on the forefront at this time.
    This show is starting to be more choppy, which is not uncommon with mysteries I guess.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I don't at all mind the show's diverse plot lines interweaving. That's just how it would happen in real life, I think. Many people seemingly affected but unconnected but having these events unwind to pull the threads together. Not much different from Lost's flashbacks showing the apparent coincidental connections among the Losties that turned out to be not so coincidental after all.

It's kind of like reading classic Russian literature for me. Best of all, I am a puzzle solver and it makes me think.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3746371;
    I don't at all mind the show's diverse plot lines interweaving. That's just how it would happen in real life, I think. Many people seemingly affected but unconnected but having these events unwind to pull the threads together. Not much different from Lost's flashbacks showing the apparent coincidental connections among the Losties that turned out to be not so coincidental after all.

It's kind of like reading classic Russian literature for me. Best of all, I am a puzzle solver and it makes me think.
    You are right, but Lost had/fewer main characters in the beginning; I am still struggling to remember character names on FF. I also love mysteries, so I don't mind the jumping from point to point, but would enjoy resolving one piece of the puzzle before April 2010. (I guess you could say that Al's having taken his own life is resolution of the Celia event....... unless someone else ends up shooting her and then it was all just a waste.)

But, your right - it is all part of the mystery in the show. When I started watching Lost I abandoned other shows because too many complicated shows at once, was more then I felt was "enjoyable"; but once I settled into Lost, I was able to take on more shows of that nature. I guess I just need to settle in more to the plot development, or read the book.......
    Christopher Reeve

I'm really bad w/ names of characters, but here goes. It seemed to me like the Tracy in the sponsor's (her dad's) FF was still in Afghanistan (or wherever she was when she went missing). Just because of how she looked & the surroundings. A dream though, hmm, what if on April 29th you were asleep dreaming, would you remember that & think it was real?????
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Finally caught up with all of the episodes on Hulu! I'm still confused, but at least now I know what I'm confused about.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

The shows' creator's have promised that most of our current questions will be answered by the season finale. That does not mean, I suspect, that new questions won't arise. The cause of the blackout will not be revealed until the series finale.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3747750;
    The shows' creator's have promised that most of our current questions will be answered by the season finale. That does not mean, I suspect, that new questions won't arise. The cause of the blackout will not be revealed until the series finale.
    I'm so confused about what is going on that I can't even articulate what my questions are! For one thing, I apparently had a blackout myself during the episode before last, and have no idea where Tracy came from and how she came to reappear. All of a sudden this week, there she was with her father.

+ Reply to Thread