+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Flash Forward, ABC

Re: Flash Forward, ABC

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3744787;
    I don't know for sure - but I believe in last week's episode he mentioned seeing himself strangling a woman in his flash forward. So I wonder if Annabelle is the woman he strangles or if she is someone else. He is just a big mystery to me at this point - but so glad to see him back on my TV!!! Lots of nice eye candy in this show! I even like the guy who plays Lloyd - loved him in The Wedding Date and Pirates of the Caribbean (maybe its just the British accent)!
    Dominic aka Simon on the show told that woman on the train that his FF had him strangling a guy and we flashed on him while Simon was describing him. What was the name of that woman he was with on the train? I hope it wasn't Annabelle.....
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Newbie

he will live with Celia's organs, that's how he "killed her"

I've given up on this show. Too much angst.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3745481;
    I've given up on this show. Too much angst.
    My husband follows it; I just have not had the time. I have FF on my Hulu queue, but haven't had time to watch those back eps either, and I suspect that most of them have expired. I'll have to check. And I don't know if it's an XY (chromosome) thing, or just an individual thing, but my husband, although gifted in many other areas, can't explain backstory or character ties to safe his life! Bless his heart.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

That Annabelle bracelet looked like it might have belonged to a child to me. I'm eager to see more of Simon and Lloyd. I also believe we'll be seeing more deaths and more new characters introduced as the show progresses - a la Lost. I'm enjoying this show as much as I had anticipated although I don't think Joseph Fiennes is anywhere near as good an actor as his brother. Cheers for John Cho, however. His character is one I hope does not die, flash forward or not.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3745566;
    That Annabelle bracelet looked like it might have belonged to a child to me. I'm eager to see more of Simon and Lloyd. I also believe we'll be seeing more deaths and more new characters introduced as the show progresses - a la Lost. I'm enjoying this show as much as I had anticipated although I don't think Joseph Fiennes is anywhere near as good an actor as his brother. Cheers for John Cho, however. His character is one I hope does not die, flash forward or not.
    You took the words right out of my mouth!
    I like Fiennes but am disappointed slightly in his performance on this show. But, I am a big, big Cho fan. Love whenever he smiles or laughs, please let him live! Take Mark instead!
    Although I hadn't thought of it, the bracelet with Annabelle could have been one belonging to an infant or child - not something an adult would be inclined to wear - I think. Thanks for mentioning it.
    I also would have rather seen Janice go then Al - but I didn't get to vote.

Umass98 I'm sorry, I don't understand your post, perhaps I missed something on the show.
    he will live with Celia's organs, that's how he "killed her"
    From the show, I had the impression that Celia was one of the people that did not have a flash forward, and she received an invite from "blue hand". I think that you are suggesting that Al will be a donor for Celia (not sure that she needs a donor) but assuming she does, I doubt that any of Al's body parts are suitable for transplant after that splat, so I am not sure how his dying would be the eventual cause of Celia's death ....... unless he happened to land right on her.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Sorry for double post, I just remembered something that I thought was bizarre - when Aaron Stark walks in the door and sees his supposedly dead daughter Tracy calmly sitting there, that scene felt off to me. They spend a couple of episodes convincing the audience, and Stark that the remains buried were really Tracy, (which I always doubted) then her comrade appears, and further convinces Aaron that Tracy is "really dead", then she is calmly sitting there. Anticlimactic for me.

It was a surprise, and meant to leave us wondering "what?"; but it felt badly contrived to me. I felt the set up at the beginning of the episode, "Mike" showimg up to give Aaron Tracy's knife - was a clear lead on, and leaving her to just sit mysteriously in the living room, felt sappy to me. As soon as he walked into the room, I knew someone was waiting for him, and figured it would either be Mike or Tracy...... but letting it end like that was so deliberate and meant to manipulate the audience. I enjoy cliff-hangars, but somehow the build up should have had a bigger pay off then that. Maybe have her sitting in a wheelchair, or on crutches. Oh well, I am still really enjoying this show but for me, it is not so much of a substitute for "Lost".
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3745696;
    Sorry for double post, I just remembered something that I thought was bizarre - when Aaron Stark walks in the door and sees his supposedly dead daughter Tracy calmly sitting there, that scene felt off to me. They spend a couple of episodes convincing the audience, and Stark that the remains buried were really Tracy, (which I always doubted) then her comrade appears, and further convinces Aaron that Tracy is "really dead", then she is calmly sitting there. Anticlimactic for me.
    The first thing that jumped into my mind was "Dream Sequence". I never for a moment thought that it was actually her. I was disapointed that they would use such a worn cliche as a dream as a cliff hanger.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3744787;
    I don't know for sure - but I believe in last week's episode he mentioned seeing himself strangling a woman in his flash forward. So I wonder if Annabelle is the woman he strangles or if she is someone else. He is just a big mystery to me at this point - but so glad to see him back on my TV!!! Lots of nice eye candy in this show! I even like the guy who plays Lloyd - loved him in The Wedding Date and Pirates of the Caribbean (maybe its just the British accent)!
    I'm behind in my tapes.. is Al played by "Charlie" from LOST? That character told a woman he'd just had sex with (that he'd just met on a trainride) that he'd strangled a MAN, lot of detail about his big thick neck.
    I did have one question...after he finishes the story he looks at the woman and says, aren't you glad you asked now? She is staring back at him, eyes wide open, not moving. My first thought was that she was dead. My son and I discussed it and we can't decide if she is dead or just stunned by the story.
    He also is on the phone with someone discussing how their last "experiment" killed 20 million people....and he's a quantum physicist.

Re the wedding being in daylight... it's on a beach...Hawaii? Very different time zone.

show is too all over the place

i had completely forgot about starks seeeing his dead daughter there

problem is that the show will be doing it's a/b story and then will throw a totally unrelated piece of video footage in that doesn't mesh with the storyline (ie Simon)

@PWS, Al is the young black FBI guy that had shared a vision w/ the Brit chick who played on ER

btw, the nanny girl reminds me of Adrienne (AMTM/Brady)

+ Reply to Thread