+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Flash Forward, ABC

Re: Flash Forward, ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3739606;
    I stand corrected on when Mark and to whom Mark revealed his drinking in his FF. I, also, did not like the kitchen scene - way too intense. In fact I'm not liking Mark much at all. I do like the kangaroo and that he (or she) made another appearance - and on the Halloween show. Dylan was pulling the cookie jar and the refrigerator decor from his fast forward, wasn't he? It is, supposedly in the future, so how did he wind up downstairs with Charlie in the kitchen? His dad leaves Olivia's bed to take a phone call, also downstairs, while Olivia follows him and watches from the balcony. So...all four people in the house are awake in the early morning hours.

I also like that more puzzle pieces were added...now we have dead crows, towers surrounding an African village, blue hands from Baltimore Street, and a name that leads to an investigation in the UK. I wonder if it was too soon (for the show) for Simon (?) to reveal his knowledge and for Dylan's Dad's connection to "the project" be revealed. Anyway it is picking up.
    I am not sure that they were all up at same time. The flash is a glimpse of their future, it does not have to all coincide at same time of day. The kids could have flashed on moment during that day, the adults could have flashed on later time. The agent Jan (I think) is pregnant and is getting examined but that does not occur at night.

The confusion is that everyone blacked out at same moment in time, but what they saw..... occurs on a specific day in the future; what time of that day, could be varied. (I think, not certain of anything with this show!)
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, in the book, which I realize may be irrelevant, they all saw the same point in time. That is, if you saw someone and they were looking at you, they saw you as well in exactly the same setting. Since a number of people were looking at clocks it was determined that it was the same moment for all, given world wide time zones. At least that's how I recall it.

But Demitri's fiance saw herself walking on the beach, and it wasn't the middle of the night........ although, I guess Agent Stanford could have been sitting .....there during the wee hours of the morning. I don't know, but they have changed a few things from the book version, so anything is possible. At some point, it has to all come together. I love this show, but I feel it is becoming more and more convoluted each week.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3743715;
    I am not sure that they were all up at same time. The flash is a glimpse of their future, it does not have to all coincide at same time of day. The kids could have flashed on moment during that day, the adults could have flashed on later time. The agent Jan (I think) is pregnant and is getting examined but that does not occur at night.

The confusion is that everyone blacked out at same moment in time, but what they saw..... occurs on a specific day in the future; what time of that day, could be varied. (I think, not certain of anything with this show!)
    Yeah, there are some HUGE inconsistencies about whether all of the flash-forwards occured at the exact same time, cause I thought that in the first couple of episodes, they stressed the fact that the visions were supposedly at exactly the same time --- which is why so many characters checked with each other to get their version of what happened at that exact time --- and wasn't that the whole point of the Mosaic website? -- to get a composite world-wide picture of what happened at that exact time? (And remember the stadium shot, showing only one person awake at that exact time. . .) So, in contradiction with all that, we have flash-forwards of some events that apparently occur late at night and others (like the agent getting her OB exam) that could only occur during daytime business hours. Even given world-wide time differences -- something's amiss!

Ok, tonight's episode threw me for a loop. Didn't someone post earlier about a part in the book where one person specifically took his own life to see if he could alter what was supposed to happen? Have to admit I did not see THAT one coming!

As for the timing issues - I do recall them talking at the beginning that everyone supposedly saw the same time - wasn't it 10:29pm or something like that? I'm sure there will be some explanation - maybe she was getting an ultrasound in London!

Blue Hand group was interesting though their arc ended this episode. I think IMO that they shot Janice because that was their wild and reckless dead man walking mentality and killing someone (a badge) was on their bucket list. The thing with the guy who committed suicide, he didn't see or know how he killed the woman with the twins. He only had the phone call from his lawyer and a ton of guilt. It will be interesting to see what happens with Alex Kingston's character now that she no longer has a partner in her vision. They did show her taping the window as he suggested, though.

Even though I'm totally confused, I do see that it is a science experiment gone awry, and it looks like they delve more into that next week.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Right Here, Right Now Britannia's Avatar

I actually shed a tear when Al jumped last night. And who is Annabelle? I thought I saw that name on the bracelet Dermot Monaghan was playing with near the end of the episode.
    It's a fair cop guv - you got me bang to rights and no mistake!

FORT Newbie

The different times of day for the individual flash fowards was addressed in one of the earlier episodes due to time zones. The guy that killed himself last night and the english woman were over in England I think for their flash forward so that was why it was daylight for their FF. I'm sure by some miracle he will have lived through the jump. The ultrasound could have been done at any emergency room visit because she probably went for stomach pains so that didn't necessarily have to take place during the day like someone else mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Britannia;3744702;
    I actually shed a tear when Al jumped last night. And who is Annabelle? I thought I saw that name on the bracelet Dermot Monaghan was playing with near the end of the episode.
    I don't know for sure - but I believe in last week's episode he mentioned seeing himself strangling a woman in his flash forward. So I wonder if Annabelle is the woman he strangles or if she is someone else. He is just a big mystery to me at this point - but so glad to see him back on my TV!!! Lots of nice eye candy in this show! I even like the guy who plays Lloyd - loved him in The Wedding Date and Pirates of the Caribbean (maybe its just the British accent)!

I thought for sure when the guy jumped that he would land on Celia's car putting her into a coma, but then he would somehow live.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

+ Reply to Thread