+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Flash Forward, ABC

MRD

Re: Flash Forward, ABC

I have another question. If Simon and Lloyd were involved in what caused the flashforward, then why did they black out and have visions and yet, there were at least 2 others that did NOT black out?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fanatic

I am totally confused after Thursday's episode. And I love it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3739981;
    So the dead chinese were blue hand, so couldn't have been sent by the President right?
    And quantum physics is somehow involved in all this?

I tought both Mark and Olivia were acting like children in the kitchen. The FF haven't happened but that fight just led them one step closer to them by causing a fight that ended up with them saying they don't trust each other.

And I'm wondering just how quickly they break up. I would think that going from a 13 year marriage to living with anothe man and your small children in 6 months is really quick.

Also, as we seem to be doing this in real time unlike lost, what's goign to happen to this show AFTER April 29, 2010. They FF will be fulfilled and then what will happen? The aspect of the future will be gone by April 30, it will be the past.

I also think if I saw a kangaroo in my neighborhood, I wouldn't have been so nonchalent as in: "well, that's not something you see every day." I would have been thinking (especially as an FBI agent) WHat in the HELL is a kangaroo doing here?

And as a parent, I would have asked Charlie a LOT more questions about her FF.
    Exactly the question I asked earlier, mrd. In the book the FF is more like 20 years in the future, so I was really surprised that they picked a 6 mo window...didn't show much faith in the future of the show I thought! But someone pointed out that Prison Break didn't end after the prison break... so presumably they have some plan...maybe still figuring out who/what caused it, trying to make it happen again for prediction reasons... (in the book they did try to replicate what they thought was the cause...warning everyone in advance of course, grounding all airplanes. etc. ).

Re Charlie... I know they were trying not to pressure her as she seemed upset by her FF, but this is getting ridiculous. I'm with you. Get some answers out of her.

In response to the "what happens after April 29..." maybe they will still be exploring the "how exactly did they do it"s or the aftermath of whether or not the FFs came to fruition. Or maybe they discover that there is another blackout/worlwide event being planned and they now have to foil plots in the works. That is a potential issue they've touch upon... if this happened in 1992 in Somalia (or wherever it was) and was successful, they planned this bigger one that just happened. Since this was a "success," they could be planning bigger still or have some sort of broader or even more specific goal in mind.

I usually watch Survivor on Thursdays & tape Flash Forward to watch on Saturday morning.
    This week I set the VCR(yes, I still use one) for 1 minute before it started & 5 minutes after, to make sure I didn't miss anything. When I tried to watch it yesterday, I found out I had the start hour wrong & got the LAST 1 minute of Flash Forward.

I have dial-up internet, so watching on the computer is completely impossible & the ABC site, for a synopsis, isn't much better. It usually locks up long before I get where I need to be. (I know... "update your system!", but unfortunately not 'till next year.)

Could someone please give me as extensive as possible for the space here, a recap of the episode? Especially answering a few important questions:
    What happened to the female agent (Janice maybe)?
    Who is Dominick Monaghan's character & how does he fit in?
    What happened between the doc lady & FBI husband & the boy's father?
    Did Charlie reveal anything more?
    Any other important plot revelations?

Thank you in advance.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I just watched a 45 minute interview with David S. Goyer and Marc Guggenheim in which they talk about their plans for the show and what we can look for. There are really no spoilers in it, but they do tell us that most of our current questions will be answered in the season 1 finale, but the cause of the blackout won't be revealed until the series finale. I found this to be a very informative, but non-spoilerish interview and well worth watching. For anyone who has not seen it, but would like to, the URL is:

FlashForward : Web Cast with David Goyer and Marc Guggenheim
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3740593;
    Could someone please give me as extensive as possible for the space here, a recap of the episode? Especially answering a few important questions:
    What happened to the female agent (Janice maybe)?
    Who is Dominick Monaghan's character & how does he fit in?
    What happened between the doc lady & FBI husband & the boy's father?
    Did Charlie reveal anything more?
    Any other important plot revelations?

Thank you in advance.
    Janice had serious injuries because the bullet bounced around inside her quite a bit. She actually had surgery twice... and in the second surgery they had to do a procedure which makes it almost impossible for her to get pregnant. She cried about that.
    On Halloween, Dylan left the hospital, and went to Charlie/Mark/Olivia's home (he remembered the address from his flash forward). Mark came home, and met Dylan there, then Dylan's dad (Lloyd) showed up. When Olivia showed up everything "clicked" and Lloyd realized that this was the house from his flash forward, and that Olivia must have been the woman in his flash forward. It was pretty awkward.
    Charlie didn't reveal anything more, but we saw bits of Dylan's flash forward, and he remembers Charlie telling him "It's your house too Dylan".
    The other significant plot revelation for me was when Simon shows up in Lloyd's car. Simon complains that Lloyd has been out of touch and wants to know why. Lloyd makes a comment in which he says something like "our last experiment caused the death of 22 million people". We also found out that Simon is a well known Plasma physicist, and in his flash forward he was killing a man by strangulation.
    Almost forgot... Dimitri found a "blue hand" mark on the body of one of the guys who attempted to kill Janice. He remembered that this had been on Mark's clue board, near the word "Baltimore". He and another agent go out to Baltimore Street which is only a few miles away from the office, and see a blue hand on a stop sign. They follow the blue hands to a scary looking house, and find a number of bloody bodies inside and the bodies have blue hands.
    Last edited by jmb; 11-02-2009 at 07:35 AM.

didn't understand or really pay attention to the blue hand nonsense

i did think the whole scene at the Benford house where all them met up was hilarious

i believe they need to tighten up the writing, i know they have 22-24 eps to do but i think they are fillering the eps to much, it took 40 minutes for me to laugh (not good)

recycling a kangaroo that they already said has nothing to do with the story was kinda lame

btw, scarlett you don't have to explain yourself (using vcr's and dialup)

naw, but seriously you need to get with the high speed and hulu

FORT Fanatic

I don't know, but I keep thinking "Simon" at some point is going to say this FF stuff has something to do with an Island...

In the interview I mentioned above, they did say the kangaroo will have some significance and that nothing is there by chance or for no reason.

Well, maxkl, we did see a billboard for Oceanic Airlines.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread