+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Flash Forward, ABC

Re: Flash Forward, ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3737465;
    I went to ABC to read the episode summary and it did not help at all,
    I tried looking for a recap that would offer more insight & couldn't find one either! I couldn't even get the ABC one to open.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Fort Member

I think we are meant to be left guessing if the call the President was making was to organise the Hitmen or to arrange the funding, i think it will be some time beofre they reveal who the call was to, but aimed to make us suspicious of the President for the time being. The flash forward the President had, showed him still President being woken up by someone saying we have a problem. So it is doubtful Clemente saw herself as President in her's, more likely she saw the possibility or something that was going to lead her to the position, or she may just have been lying to Stanford to scare him. I tend to think she maybe lying and her flashforward had more to do with Stanford and Mosiac than she let on.
    I think it will be sometime before we are given any solid information about anything

The daughter on this show really annoys me . Spoilering since it references tonight's show.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    She's had multiple opportunities to explain how she knows Dylan yet she's so nonchalant about it. It doesn't even seem to bother her that her mom is shacked up with another man. She obviously knows because she's telling Dylan in his FF that it's his house too. And yet she also knows about D. Gibbons. She must have packed a lot into her 2 min 17 seconds!
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I thought the same ArchieComic Fan!

Seriously though - the looks on the 3 faces when Olivia walked in that door and each one of them put it all together was AWESOME!!! Although I didn't like Mark/Olivia argument in the kitchen - he was acting like an immature petulant child and condemning her for something she hadn't yet done. I liked that she called him out on that when he admitted to the drinking part of his FF.

The train pickup scene was skeevy. I like that we're getting more of the mystery with Simon, the blue hand, and the new Rutherford case.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Oh my goodness!!!! I was channel surfing last night and got captured about 1/4 of the way through this. I know I will have to back watch the previous episodes, but I must say.....so far, it's a thumbs up. The scenes with the autistic boy caught my attention, and after doing a quick look up on the premise, I'm thinking I'll be watching this one.
    "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
    Joseph Brodsky: (1940-1996) Russian-US poet

I read banned books.
    Just Jazzie

I stand corrected on when Mark and to whom Mark revealed his drinking in his FF. I, also, did not like the kitchen scene - way too intense. In fact I'm not liking Mark much at all. I do like the kangaroo and that he (or she) made another appearance - and on the Halloween show. Dylan was pulling the cookie jar and the refrigerator decor from his fast forward, wasn't he? It is, supposedly in the future, so how did he wind up downstairs with Charlie in the kitchen? His dad leaves Olivia's bed to take a phone call, also downstairs, while Olivia follows him and watches from the balcony. So...all four people in the house are awake in the early morning hours.

I also like that more puzzle pieces were added...now we have dead crows, towers surrounding an African village, blue hands from Baltimore Street, and a name that leads to an investigation in the UK. I wonder if it was too soon (for the show) for Simon (?) to reveal his knowledge and for Dylan's Dad's connection to "the project" be revealed. Anyway it is picking up.

Rufus Wainwright singing 'Across the Universe' -- so unexpected & so perfect.

When I saw those blue hands, my first thought was of River Tam chanting, "Two by two, hands of blue." She was talking about the Alliance enforcers from Firefly. The hands look exactly the same and they brutally kill, by means of a thin, wandlike device, anyone whom they perceive as a danger to the Alliance's plans for River and for domination of the universe.

It's not the only similarity I see between Flashforward and Firefly, which surprises me because I can't find any connection between the creative teams.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;3739713;
    Rufus Wainwright singing 'Across the Universe' -- so unexpected & so perfect.
    I agree. It fit wonderfully.

MRD

So the dead chinese were blue hand, so couldn't have been sent by the President right?
    And quantum physics is somehow involved in all this?

I tought both Mark and Olivia were acting like children in the kitchen. The FF haven't happened but that fight just led them one step closer to them by causing a fight that ended up with them saying they don't trust each other.

And I'm wondering just how quickly they break up. I would think that going from a 13 year marriage to living with anothe man and your small children in 6 months is really quick.

Also, as we seem to be doing this in real time unlike lost, what's goign to happen to this show AFTER April 29, 2010. They FF will be fulfilled and then what will happen? The aspect of the future will be gone by April 30, it will be the past.

I also think if I saw a kangaroo in my neighborhood, I wouldn't have been so nonchalent as in: "well, that's not something you see every day." I would have been thinking (especially as an FBI agent) WHat in the HELL is a kangaroo doing here?

And as a parent, I would have asked Charlie a LOT more questions about her FF.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread