+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Flash Forward, ABC

Re: Flash Forward, ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3736520;
    Well, when the President, decided to call in a favor (the assassination of the Mosaic team) he wanted to make it look like it was related to the Mosaic, and not a hit on just one member of the team. He wanted Stanford gone because of the extortion attempt - Stanford's threat to expose that the Pres was the father of his mistress's child. He used Asian hitmen to further support the CIA claim that China was behind all of this, or maybe the person he called was the CIA guy and he decided to use Asians to support his theory.

Anyway, the Pres wanted Stanford dead, he wanted it to look like an attack on the Mosaic FBI team and not on just one member. Otherwise, the FBI would investigate and maybe find evidence and expose the President.

I really wish Clemente would know the truth about the President's affair, so that Stanford would be vindicated and the evil Pres would be impeached - but then Clemente is pretty scary herself.
    ok, i remember when a dude was up on the stand talking about China (sounding real conspiratorial) but i thought that was there to add some comedy to the show

---
    moving on...

i do also remember that Clemente was selected to move into the VP spot because the current VP had died in the blackout

then there was the FF glimpse of Potus being awakened where 'something had happened' (he's alive obviously at that point) ,

so at what point does Clemente become Potus

my understanding is that everyone's FF is at the same exact moment in time. So how did Clemente become Pres unless the current Potus died shortly after being awoke

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3736567;
    my understanding is that everyone's FF is at the same exact moment in time. So how did Clemente become Pres unless the current Potus died shortly after being awoke
    Or resigned or was removed from office.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG;3736580;
    Or resigned or was removed from office.
    yeah, i'm slow

for some reason, i'm thinking death has to be the way

he could have just resigned, duh

See, here's how lost I am on that episode. I thought the Pres got Clemente to back down from the FBI LA group by appointing her the new VP, because of the attempted bribery by the head FBI LA guy (pic of the affair). So then, why would he call in anyone to assassinate them?
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3736520;
    Well, when the President, decided to call in a favor (the assassination of the Mosaic team) he wanted to make it look like it was related to the Mosaic, and not a hit on just one member of the team. He wanted Stanford gone because of the extortion attempt - Stanford's threat to expose that the Pres was the father of his mistress's child. He used Asian hitmen to further support the CIA claim that China was behind all of this, or maybe the person he called was the CIA guy and he decided to use Asians to support his theory.

Anyway, the Pres wanted Stanford dead, he wanted it to look like an attack on the Mosaic FBI team and not on just one member. Otherwise, the FBI would investigate and maybe find evidence and expose the President.

I really wish Clemente would know the truth about the President's affair, so that Stanford would be vindicated and the evil Pres would be impeached - but then Clemente is pretty scary herself.
    Just wanted to check and see if you are sure about this (have some inside information, etc.) or if this is just your speculation? It is good speculation - don't get me wrong on that - but I just want to make sure I am keeping my facts and specs. separate!

After Sanford left, when the Pres. made the call, I just assumed it was to whoever he needed to call to make it happen that Mark's team would be leading Mosaic. I honestly never even thought it was him who ordered the hit until I came here and saw your posts. So, while it would be an interesting twist, I just want to clarify whether we know this for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3736549;
    The President was not specific in his phone call about "what" was to be taken care of...it could have been re-locating the ex-mistress and son to Puerto Rico. The ex-mistress did see herself living there in her FF. It could also have been a call for a hit against the mosaic team because they contradict the national security view propagated by the CIA that the Chinese are behind the blackout.

I think the text about the drinking vision was a part of the national security apparatus attempt to denigrate the Mosaic clues and follow-up by the FBI LA team by causing domestic problems for Mark. He did confess under pressure while being questioned at the Senate Hearing. Also interesting that Senator (?) who chaired the committee was named the new Vice President. That takes her out of the funding picture, but not out of the influence and scheming picture.
    Did he? I don't remember him confessing to drinking in his FF. I just remember him repeatedly saying part of his was blurry - and it wasn't until later in the bar with his boss that he admitted to his boss that he was drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3736567;
    ok, i remember when a dude was up on the stand talking about China (sounding real conspiratorial) but i thought that was there to add some comedy to the show

---
    moving on...

i do also remember that Clemente was selected to move into the VP spot because the current VP had died in the blackout

then there was the FF glimpse of Potus being awakened where 'something had happened' (he's alive obviously at that point) ,

so at what point does Clemente become Potus

Maybe as Mike'sGirl mentions, he is not dead, he is impeached?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, I was one of those who assumed the call was about getting the mistress and kid to Puerto Rico.... Maybe it isn't supposed to be clear.

If Clemente is Pres. in her FF and the current Pres. is being wakened for a world crisis in his (do I have that right?) those seem contradictory.... Or am I mixing up FFs?

I read too many mystery novels and am way to suspicious.

I went to ABC to read the episode summary and it did not help at all, but I did find out the name of the mistress:
    "Wedeck visits the home of a woman named Renee Garrigo, who lives with a young boy. We don’t find out who these two are until Wedeck has a meeting in the White House. He produces a photo of the President with Renee. It appears they had an affair and the boy is Segovia’s illegitimate child. Wedeck helped with the cover up.
    Wedeck wants the Prez to call off Clemente before she cuts the funding for his investigation. Otherwise, he’ll go public with the pics. Nothing like a little blackmail between friends, right? Segovia takes the bait and Senator Clemente will no longer be bothering Wedeck. She’ll be too busy filling the no longer vacant office of Vice President of the United States."

So, it is possible that when the Prez found out Renee has been living close by with her their son all these years, that he placed a call to have someone locate her and ship her off............ But, I am going with evil Prez planning a hit on the one guy who could ruin his career. (The only reason that I call him evil, is because he has played the bad guy in too many shows; so whenever he appears, I distrust his character.)
    But, he could be harmless and was just sending someone off to encourage Renee to leave town.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I took the President's call to be arranging the funding for Mosaic. Clemente was the one who would have cut the funding so he made her VP in so Mosaic would be funded.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

+ Reply to Thread