+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Flash Forward, ABC

Re: Flash Forward, ABC

I haven't read the book, but I am really enjoying this show. I love the piling on of questions, one of the many things that drew me to Lost. Working on the puzzles both alone and with others just intrigues me. I much prefer it over passive watching at lease some of the time.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3735003;
    Not much to add. It isn't following any part of the book other than the fact that people blacked out and flashed forward. The new towers info suggests it isn't even going to have a cause like the book's. A lot of angst all around. I was a little disappointed that the female agent went from "I'll never disappoint you" to shutting down because the girlfriend looked up her vision. Seriously. If you post the vision, people are going to read it if they're just starting to date you. She would have been ok with the girlfriend looking through her stuff. I don't agree that she can't die, because her dying will open up a can of worms about whether the visions are absolute destiny, like the brother committing suicide in the book when he had a vision shared by other people of him being alive.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they mixed things up and the person(s) we are expecting to die live and some of the people we think will live actually die before their visions are fulfilled.

I too couldn't figure out what the big deal was in knowing her vision, she didn't expect family or old friends to look her up and check it out? Depending on what my vision was, I may or may not have shared mine with the mosaic, but once you do - you shouldn't freak because someone saw it.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3734699;
    And my question is - who texted that to her? Unless they are going to go completely contrary to AA and all its premises (which they don't seem to be doing so far), it wasn't the sponsor. And we know it wasn't the boss because he was in the mess with Benson and the Chinese when the text was sent. So who else knows - because Mark sure hasn't told anyone. Simon? Lloyd?

I agree, I didn't like all the political crap last night - and I really didn't like/didn't get the ending, which just kind of came out of no where. That being said, the story is still hooking me each week - I just hope we continue to get answers, because the questions are definitely starting to pile up each week!!
    They said it Thursday's episode that he only remembers a portion of his FF, so could it be possible he doesn't remember someone being in it? Could the person who texted Olivia be someone that saw Mark drinking in his FF, but Mark doesn't remember the person being in his FF because he was drunk?

Quote Originally Posted by jette66;3735919;
    They said it Thursday's episode that he only remembers a portion of his FF, so could it be possible he doesn't remember someone being in it? Could the person who texted Olivia be someone that saw Mark drinking in his FF, but Mark doesn't remember the person being in his FF because he was drunk?
    Yes, it could be the case; it might even be one of the two guys in masks that appear at the end of the FF........ but it is interesting that the texting took place right after after Mark admitted it to Stanford in the bar. Actually, he announced it very loudly in the bar, and since we didn't see anyone else in the bar - I thought it was someone listening in. Big ears, Big mouths. But, it could have been anyone; it was done anonymously, so even his sponsor could have done it. Although, Aaron Stark seems to be settled into the AA philosophy and he would be last on my list.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3735142;
    I wouldn't be surprised if they mixed things up and the person(s) we are expecting to die live and some of the people we think will live actually die before their visions are fulfilled.

I too couldn't figure out what the big deal was in knowing her vision, she didn't expect family or old friends to look her up and check it out? Depending on what my vision was, I may or may not have shared mine with the mosaic, but once you do - you shouldn't freak because someone saw it.
    I don't get it either. She's fine with her new girlfriend searching her stuff, but not with her looking up something any random nutcase that she sent to jail could find?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3736191;
    Yes, it could be the case; it might even be one of the two guys in masks that appear at the end of the FF........ but it is interesting that the texting took place right after after Mark admitted it to Stanford in the bar. Actually, he announced it very loudly in the bar, and since we didn't see anyone else in the bar - I thought it was someone listening in. Big ears, Big mouths. But, it could have been anyone; it was done anonymously, so even his sponsor could have done it. Although, Aaron Stark seems to be settled into the AA philosophy and he would be last on my list.
    They were maybe being watched by the thugs' informant or lookout person so that the attack could be better coordinated? And that informant passed along Mark's admission to higherups.

someone pointed it out to me but i didn't even notice it was an asian gang, i don't feel like rewatching that episode Can someone tell me what the significance behind that was?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3736487;
    someone pointed it out to me but i didn't even notice it was an asian gang, i don't feel like rewatching that episode Can someone tell me what the significance behind that was?
    Well, when the President, decided to call in a favor (the assassination of the Mosaic team) he wanted to make it look like it was related to the Mosaic, and not a hit on just one member of the team. He wanted Stanford gone because of the extortion attempt - Stanford's threat to expose that the Pres was the father of his mistress's child. He used Asian hitmen to further support the CIA claim that China was behind all of this, or maybe the person he called was the CIA guy and he decided to use Asians to support his theory.

Anyway, the Pres wanted Stanford dead, he wanted it to look like an attack on the Mosaic FBI team and not on just one member. Otherwise, the FBI would investigate and maybe find evidence and expose the President.

I really wish Clemente would know the truth about the President's affair, so that Stanford would be vindicated and the evil Pres would be impeached - but then Clemente is pretty scary herself.
    Christopher Reeve

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3736520;
    Well, when the President, decided to call in a favor (the assassination of the Mosaic team) he wanted to make it look like it was related to the Mosaic, and not a hit on just one member of the team. He wanted Stanford gone because of the extortion attempt - Stanford's threat to expose that the Pres was the father of his mistress's child. He used Asian hitmen to further support the CIA claim that China was behind all of this, or maybe the person he called was the CIA guy and he decided to use Asians to support his theory.

Anyway, the Pres wanted Stanford dead, he wanted it to look like an attack on the Mosaic FBI team and not on just one member. Otherwise, the FBI would investigate and maybe find evidence and expose the President.

I really wish Clemente would know the truth about the President's affair, so that Stanford would be vindicated and the evil Pres would be impeached - but then Clemente is pretty scary herself.
    Could still happen--look at her FF.

The President was not specific in his phone call about "what" was to be taken care of...it could have been re-locating the ex-mistress and son to Puerto Rico. The ex-mistress did see herself living there in her FF. It could also have been a call for a hit against the mosaic team because they contradict the national security view propagated by the CIA that the Chinese are behind the blackout.

I think the text about the drinking vision was a part of the national security apparatus attempt to denigrate the Mosaic clues and follow-up by the FBI LA team by causing domestic problems for Mark. He did confess under pressure while being questioned at the Senate Hearing. Also interesting that Senator (?) who chaired the committee was named the new Vice President. That takes her out of the funding picture, but not out of the influence and scheming picture.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 10-26-2009 at 02:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread