+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Flash Forward, ABC

Re: Flash Forward, ABC

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3732473;
    Well it's interesting. We saw the Live kangaroo again last night AND the stuffed one. And the episode was entitled Black Swan which was a Dharma station I believe. So with the Australia connection and the Black Swan, I think Dharma is behind all this.
    That is a fun thought, myrosiedog and far from unreasonable. Could this have been a result of the explosion? Maybe Dharma got its ideas from the Rambaldi effects

Although I'm sure these are just easter eggs for Lost fans, it does remind me of Isaac Asimov and how his short story, I, Robot led to the Robot novels, which led to the Foundation series. Each of them build upon what came before, and learning from Asimov is never a bad idea.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Since I was never a Lost fan after the first year, you'll have to forgive me for not looking for clues. However, it seems as strange to see a Hobbit as a chief bad guy as it is to see Kyle XY making love to Rebecca Romjin's character in Eastwick. All boys grow up and hopefully go on to great acting roles. That seems to be the case here.

I still hold that Charlie and the boy were kidnapped by D. Gibbons (?). Lloyd was on the phone with Simon during his FF, right? Is he being blackmailed to withhold knowledge? And how and why does Olivia cave into her impulse? Mark is frantic to complete his board and that makes his parts almost unwatchable for me...too many nerves combined with too many secrets makes me edgy.

For some reason, I like the storytelling, but not the characters all that much to this point in the show.

I guess that is why I stopped watching Lost. The high stress levels of characters raise my own stress level, and that is something I really need to avoid if at all possible. Doesn't mean I'll stop watching - as I said the storyline intrigues me.

Anyone watch last night? I didn't like this episode. I thought it was slow, confusing & didn't really tell me anything except the very end.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    So, are the Chinese behind it all??? LOL. And does the female FBI girl die????
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;3734547;
    Anyone watch last night? I didn't like this episode. I thought it was slow, confusing & didn't really tell me anything except the very end.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    So, are the Chinese behind it all??? LOL. And does the female FBI girl die????
    must have been a bad writing session

because i thought it was poorly done

very abrupt storyline, random scenes

naw, Janis will survive (she was alive in her FF)

and those guys that attacked were thugs summoned by the president; remember he called someone to "handle the situation" after FBI Director left his office

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3734566;
    must have been a bad writing session

because i thought it was poorly done

very abrupt storyline, random scenes

naw, Janis will survive (she was alive in her FF)

and those guys that attacked were thugs summoned by the president; remember he called someone to "handle the situation" after FBI Director left his office
    I think that was regarding the mistress and son. They are now happily relocated in Puerto Rico.

It was interesting, though, that the Director of the CIA blames the Chinese for the anomaly and Chinese thugs show up to ostensibly blow away the other line of thought.

The one break-through was the discovery of those towers in Africa. There wasn't just one but five forming a pentagram around the town where the crows died.

Regarding the female agent...does her first action, blowing off her new lover and second action, getting shot change both hers and her lover's visions? I can't remember the name of the actress who plays her lover, but she also has the role of a mathematician and Charlie's fiance, Amitra, on Numbers. Interesting that she is able to be on two different shows on two different networks in one season...unless she is a twin, of course.

Well, the drinking portion of the vision was exploded out in public, wasn't it? And it does raise the question of what happened to the remaining time of the FF. Was he killed by the gunmen? A few interesting plot twists are developing.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, neither Amita nor this character have all that much screen time usually, so I can see it is doable if the show/network is willing. Often actors can negotiate "outs" that let them do other things....

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3734693;
    I think that was regarding the mistress and son. They are now happily relocated in Puerto Rico.

It was interesting, though, that the Director of the CIA blames the Chinese for the anomaly and Chinese thugs show up to ostensibly blow away the other line of thought.

The one break-through was the discovery of those towers in Africa. There wasn't just one but five forming a pentagram around the town where the crows died.

Regarding the female agent...does her first action, blowing off her new lover and second action, getting shot change both hers and her lover's visions? I can't remember the name of the actress who plays her lover, but she also has the role of a mathematician and Charlie's fiance, Amitra, on Numbers. Interesting that she is able to be on two different shows on two different networks in one season...unless she is a twin, of course.

Well, the drinking portion of the vision was exploded out in public, wasn't it? And it does raise the question of what happened to the remaining time of the FF. Was he killed by the gunmen? A few interesting plot twists are developing.
    And my question is - who texted that to her? Unless they are going to go completely contrary to AA and all its premises (which they don't seem to be doing so far), it wasn't the sponsor. And we know it wasn't the boss because he was in the mess with Benson and the Chinese when the text was sent. So who else knows - because Mark sure hasn't told anyone. Simon? Lloyd?

I agree, I didn't like all the political crap last night - and I really didn't like/didn't get the ending, which just kind of came out of no where. That being said, the story is still hooking me each week - I just hope we continue to get answers, because the questions are definitely starting to pile up each week!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3734699;
    And my question is - who texted that to her? Unless they are going to go completely contrary to AA and all its premises (which they don't seem to be doing so far), it wasn't the sponsor. And we know it wasn't the boss because he was in the mess with Benson and the Chinese when the text was sent. So who else knows - because Mark sure hasn't told anyone. Simon? Lloyd?

I agree, I didn't like all the political crap last night - and I really didn't like/didn't get the ending, which just kind of came out of no where. That being said, the story is still hooking me each week - I just hope we continue to get answers, because the questions are definitely starting to pile up each week!!
    Shades of LOST....

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3734699;
    And my question is - who texted that to her?

I have no clue on the texting - well, Mark did shout it out in the bar when he told his boss, so I suppose someone in the bar that we did not see heard and sent the text?

But I thought the ending made sense. We saw part of the ending in the opening scene of the show, so we knew it was coming. Then when the FBI boss used blackmail to get the funding from the President (I dislike the actor playing President so much because he always plays a rotten, evil character), the "evil Pres" issued a hit for the entire FBI team. They used Chinese to further support the CIA claim at the proceedings that China is behind it.

My disappointment in the FBI boss (Sanford?) is that it appears (I could be wrong) that he took the blame for getting the woman pregnant and protected the President. Clemente believes that it was Sanford that got the woman pregnant, and was angry about it and addressed it with him. I have no clue what the woman meant to Clemente, but she seemed really angry about the affair, and asked if Sanford's wife even knew about it. So, she obviously does not know that the pregnancy was the fault of the President and not Sanford. (This is just my assumption and I could be wrong on the interpretation.)

I am hoping that the female FBI agent J doesn't die. I like her a lot.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Not much to add. It isn't following any part of the book other than the fact that people blacked out and flashed forward. The new towers info suggests it isn't even going to have a cause like the book's. A lot of angst all around. I was a little disappointed that the female agent went from "I'll never disappoint you" to shutting down because the girlfriend looked up her vision. Seriously. If you post the vision, people are going to read it if they're just starting to date you. She would have been ok with the girlfriend looking through her stuff. I don't agree that she can't die, because her dying will open up a can of worms about whether the visions are absolute destiny, like the brother committing suicide in the book when he had a vision shared by other people of him being alive.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread