+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Flash Forward, ABC

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Flash Forward, ABC

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;3725173;
    I like this show and am interested in the paradoxes created by the people trying to realize/understand/or prevent their own futures. It seems to me that Benford is putting too much stock in what he saw on his board. But he's so frantic to get answers he doesn't see how his following his vision to the letter is what's going to make it ultimately come true (maybe)
    Well, remember, he did throw the little woven bracelet his daughter gave him, into the fire, so that it would be impossible for the bracelet to appear in the future...

And in regard to all the clues on his board --- I appreciate that he realizes the clues he saw in his vision are going to be relevant and significant to the investigation -- but when putting up the clues, why not make some subtle change (like putting them in a different place, or changing the display of them in some other way) so that it isn't exactly like his vision.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I can't wait to find out what happens when they visit that African town that had a flashforward in 1991!! This show is just so intriguing.

[QUOTE=Imperfect1;3727364;]Well, remember, he did throw the little woven bracelet his daughter gave him, into the fire, so that it would be impossible for the bracelet to appear in the future...
    And in regard to all the clues on his board --- I appreciate that he realizes the clues he saw in his vision are going to be relevant and significant to the investigation -- but when putting up the clues, why not make some subtle change (like putting them in a different place, or changing the display of them in some other way) so that it isn't exactly like his vision.[/QUOTE]

If she notices he isn't wearing it, she'll just make him another one. Doesn't take long and little girls notice things like that. (speaking as mother and stepmother of 4 girls )

As to putting up the clues....my thoughts exactly!!! Why not put them in different places on the board? You could still group them and tie things together, just mix up where on the board they are. Or does putting things up in the exact same way as his Flash Forward mean that he will solve the mystery quicker? It sure didn't look like it was solved in the flash....so why not do it a little differently? Maybe that would give a different perspective or something.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Maybe having them in the same order as in his flash helps him remember what was on the board. Not like he has a picture to work from, only a fading memory of a very cluttered board.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG;3727407;

If she notices he isn't wearing it, she'll just make him another one. Doesn't take long and little girls notice things like that. (speaking as mother and stepmother of 4 girls )
    I thought the same thing! "She'll notice and make him a new one... duh"

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3727595;
    Maybe having them in the same order as in his flash helps him remember what was on the board. Not like he has a picture to work from, only a fading memory of a very cluttered board.
    Hmmm, you're right, a very valid point.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

I haven't seen last night's episode yet, did anyone watch it?

Yes! I'm surprised there's no discussion here.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3729087;
    Yes! I'm surprised there's no discussion here.
    Last night's episode actually confused me a little bit. I hope there is an encore tonight because I need to see it again. But a few things that I do now know:

1. The babysitter is the daughter of the sponsor (and the sister of the girl who supposedly died). I'm glad to know this because when I saw her in the premiere, I thought she looked exactly like the girl in the sponsor's FF and didn't understand that.

2. The babysitter's FF is someone drowning her. I hope someone else who watched it last night will come on here - because I think the person she saw drowning her is "Simon", the guy on the phone at the end of last night's show - but I am not positive about that.

3. Lloyd Simcoe appears to be involved in all this mess. Although based on his reaction to the phone call last night, I am not sure whether he is "intentionally" involved, or whether he was the scientist that got pulled into this for one reason or another. Still not sure if he is a good guy or a bad guy.

4. Lloyd did have the same FF as Olivia - but he hadn't turned all the way around in his FF - so he doesn't know that Olivia is the woman in the FF.

The whole thing with the blond from the premiere - not really sure what is going on there - and not really sure how it is related to the FF.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3729113;
    Last night's episode actually confused me a little bit. I hope there is an encore tonight because I need to see it again. But a few things that I do now know:

1. The babysitter is the daughter of the sponsor (and the sister of the girl who supposedly died). I'm glad to know this because when I saw her in the premiere, I thought she looked exactly like the girl in the sponsor's FF and didn't understand that.

2. The babysitter's FF is someone drowning her. I hope someone else who watched it last night will come on here - because I think the person she saw drowning her is "Simon", the guy on the phone at the end of last night's show - but I am not positive about that.

3. Lloyd Simcoe appears to be involved in all this mess. Although based on his reaction to the phone call last night, I am not sure whether he is "intentionally" involved, or whether he was the scientist that got pulled into this for one reason or another. Still not sure if he is a good guy or a bad guy.

4. Lloyd did have the same FF as Olivia - but he hadn't turned all the way around in his FF - so he doesn't know that Olivia is the woman in the FF.

The whole thing with the blond from the premiere - not really sure what is going on there - and not really sure how it is related to the FF.
    You brought up great points, and I guess I will be restructuring my image of Dominic (Simon) now that he has gone from likable Charlie (Lost); to what I am guessing is the primary villain of the show. It sounds like he is responsible for the bad stuff, and is in cahoots with D. Gibbons maybe?

I was surprised that Nicole was daughter of Mark's sponsor too. In hindsight, I see the resemblance of her to the possibly deceased daughter. But, I did not recognize the face of bad man drowning her, I was too horrified experiencing the drowning to pay attention to the person doing it. I felt so sorry for her, trying to get counseling and being pushed aside by the minister/priest.

Was intrigued by the patient with addison's disease.... for a minute there I thought I was watching House

I am very glad that Demitri finally told Mark about his FF/murder and since they are partners, it is logical that they will experience a shoot out together. Both need to wear bullet proof vest prior to March 15th.

Bad Blond is a tough gal isn't she! Actress is doing a great job, I want someone to knock that smirk off her face, now! I do think she knows something, but is smart enough to know they will have a tough time figuring it out or connecting her to it.

I am still loving this show!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread