+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Flash Forward, ABC

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Flash Forward, ABC

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3723792;
    And again, the book seems to be totally different...re science.
    I'm not going to read the book, but there is a slight parallel to the movie, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, where villagers follow the sound to a hilltop and have it embedded in their memory. That was a thrilling and chilling sound at the same time as they all pointed skyward at the now invisible source. It wasn't sent out by a radio tower, but the scene with the goat Shepard boy felt familiar. It may not be earth based science, but alien science.

Obviously I don't know and am spinning theories. Wonder what the cliff hanger will be this season?

It did feel familiar (Close Encounters) and were those clouds in the sky, or was it supposed to be an aircraft?

PWS, I am not seeing the book connection either which disappoints me some, because that was logical and science based solution even if futuristic. But, the show is a mystery and that part keeps me coming back.

Demitri really should wear a bullet proof vest, since he knows his murder will be shots to his chest.
    I am also disappointed that Demitri didn't change the future by preventing that guy from becoming a customs inspector....... Oh well, maybe next week we will find out what's up with the babysitter and why she doesn't return the Benson's calls.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

were those clouds in the sky, or was it supposed to be an aircraft?
    /*geek moment*/ Looked like a Klingon bird of prey to me

I like this show and am interested in the paradoxes created by the people trying to realize/understand/or prevent their own futures. It seems to me that Benford is putting too much stock in what he saw on his board. But he's so frantic to get answers he doesn't see how his following his vision to the letter is what's going to make it ultimately come true (maybe)

The crow deaths are an intriguing clue.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

anytime something is going on with planet earth animals react

before the crows even flew overhead ...noticed the sheeps/goats started acting funny

animals have great senses, they know when bad weather and whatnot is coming

i don't know if they plan on doing something specific to dead crows, the final scene just showed some weird clouds or something, so i don't think whatever caused the blackout was necessarily man made

This show has been given a go for the full season.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3725568;
    This show has been given a go for the full season.
    Yay!!!

Two things:
    What part does Dominic Monaghan (spelling, yeah I know) ex "Charlie" from "Lost" play? Totally forgot to pick him out in first two episodes and didn't see him in third.

Also, I've been thinking about that kangaroo again. Could that have been a sly little reference to "Lost" also, given the fact that all the passengers on that Oceanic flight were in Australia when they boarded the doomed flight? Just thinking out loud.....

Ok, I lied.....got one more question. Doesn't the girl who plays Mark's wife, the doctor (totally blanking on the character's name) doesn't she look an awful lot like the girl who played Brooke Forrester on the daytime soap Bold and the Beautiful? Now granted, I haven't seen that soap in years but caught a snippet on a soap channel reruns while surfing a while back and she looks exactly like Katherine Kelly Lang, the lady who plays Brooke. Just a random observation.
    go to Katherine Kelly Lang Pictures - Katherine Kelly Lang Photo Gallery - 2009 to see a picture and compare. Don't know how to paste an actual photo from another site yet.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Ok, I think I just went and answered my first question myself....went to the ABC site and the character that Dominic Monaghan will be playing hasn't appeared yet apparently.

And Olivia and Mark have a daughter named Charlie. Hmmm, another nod to "Lost"?
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3724252;
    I am also disappointed that Demitri didn't change the future by preventing that guy from becoming a customs inspector.......
    I don't think we know for sure that he didn't. He just left & there was no more refernce to it.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I took it that he thought saving the world (possibly) was more important than turning in the doper, or saving himself....

+ Reply to Thread