+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Flash Forward, ABC

Re: Flash Forward, ABC

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3722515;
    I've only seen the 2nd episode (last week's), and have a question. What did Olivia's husband put into the fireplace at the end ofthe episode? They were hugging after she asked him if she did the right thing to tell him about her FF, and he said yes. Was it the doll that the other agent found that looks like the one he saw in his FF?
    he burnt that friendship bracelet his daughter gave him

FORT Fogey

What about the guy on last night's show (sorry, I can never remember characters' names) who had his daughter's remains exhumed because his FF showed she's alive? But the exhumation confirmed she's dead?? So are the FFs accurate or not? To me this casts doubt on the whole premise.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3722811;
    What about the guy on last night's show (sorry, I can never remember characters' names) who had his daughter's remains exhumed because his FF showed she's alive? But the exhumation confirmed she's dead?? So are the FFs accurate or not? To me this casts doubt on the whole premise.
    I think we have not seen the end of this story, by a long shot! And I think there is going to be quite a conspiracy involved in this one - my bet is that the government doctored the records and that his daughter is still alive.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3722827;
    I think we have not seen the end of this story, by a long shot! And I think there is going to be quite a conspiracy involved in this one - my bet is that the government doctored the records and that his daughter is still alive.
    You're probably right that there is more to this. One thing I was suspicious about is I thought they were going to do a DNA test on the body in the coffin and that was the whole point in having the exhumation, but there wouldn't have been enough time for the results to have come back. Why exhume the body "to be sure" and not do a DNA? What did they actually do, I wonder ... just let him look at the body?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3722864 View Post
    You're probably right that there is more to this. One thing I was suspicious about is I thought they were going to do a DNA test on the body in the coffin and that was the whole point in having the exhumation, but there wouldn't have been enough time for the results to have come back. Why exhume the body "to be sure" and not do a DNA? What did they actually do, I wonder ... just let him look at the body?
    Remember he said that his daughter's remains weighed something like 37 pounds when they came back? I wonder if she lost her legs and that is what came back - it would match her DNA and would explain why we see her lying down in the FF.

I think the show is fascinating and I like how they give you a complete picture of what they are working on each week to some degree...last night I thought we would not hear the other part about the crows that was going to set him free yet we did...and then they showed how that did lead them to a clue....

Also - for Dmitri - when they actually showed her FF last night - we see that it does not appear she actually saw his face - he appeared to be a good distance down the beach and she probably just assumed it was him. Seems like Dmitri could work on preventing his murder...I for one would start with a bulletproof vest!

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3722877;
    Remember he said that his daughter's remains weighed something like 37 pounds when they came back? I wonder if she lost her legs and that is what came back - it would match her DNA and would explain why we see her lying down in the FF.

I think the show is fascinating and I like how they give you a complete picture of what they are working on each week to some degree...last night I thought we would not hear the other part about the crows that was going to set him free yet we did...and then they showed how that did lead them to a clue....

Also - for Dmitri - when they actually showed her FF last night - we see that it does not appear she actually saw his face - he appeared to be a good distance down the beach and she probably just assumed it was him. Seems like Dmitri could work on preventing his murder...I for one would start with a bulletproof vest!
    Ohhh, good guess, that would make sense too. Maybe she is alive but disabled.

Loved that wearing of the bulletproof vest, reminds me of Det. Leo Banks on the cancelled abc show "The Unusuals" still missing that show!!!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3722603;
    he burnt that friendship bracelet his daughter gave him
    Thanks!

I was able to see this week's episode finally. I'm able to get into and enjoy this show without an obsession (whew).

One thing I don't like about it is that it's doing the "Grey's Anatomy" thing with the gradually swelling emotional songs (with vocals). I don't care for how that has become such a trend for so many shows. Maybe it would be different if I liked the songs they choose, but I don't think so. It comes across as sappy, not moving.

They could look to "LOST" for most excellent use of music, but those are big shoes to fill.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3723242;
    Thanks!

I was able to see this week's episode finally. I'm able to get into and enjoy this show without an obsession (whew).

One thing I don't like about it is that it's doing the "Grey's Anatomy" thing with the gradually swelling emotional songs (with vocals). I don't care for how that has become such a trend for so many shows. Maybe it would be different if I liked the songs they choose, but I don't think so. It comes across as sappy, not moving.

They could look to "LOST" for most excellent use of music, but those are big shoes to fill.
    those guys are big LOST fans BIG FANS

they have already made LOST references like the Oceanic billboard and the bird crashing into the window

I think Michael Giacchino works w/ JJ Abrams mainly, and is doing Fringe

that would be a lil too much brownnosing to have LOST music

their music scoring isn't bad, i kinda like that one piece of music that they have already worn out

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Well, Mark got suckered into fulfilling a murderer's destiny. This will happen more than once, no? The real clue to the science based explanation is in the dead crows - so the murderer did bring forward a new research point. The last scene showing the tower on the hill overlooking a village is important. But, now the question becomes, if they were able to direct the frequency to one village with one tower, how did they manage to direct the frequency to cover the entire globe? Did they hijack satellites in some manner? This is now more interesting to me than all the people's social concerns.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And again, the book seems to be totally different...re science.

+ Reply to Thread