+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Flash Forward, ABC

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Flash Forward, ABC

So the bride saw him, but he didn't see her or any wedding type situation? Hmmm, usually visions match up....

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3717779;
    So the bride saw him, but he didn't see her or any wedding type situation? Hmmm, usually visions match up....
    Which makes me wonder whether she saw his face, assumed it was him, or if she is lying. If she saw his face, then does he marry earlier, or is the fact that her vision conflicts with his - give him the hope that he can change and prevent the murder? Or, was she really crying at his funeral and didn't want him to know that so she said she saw him at the wedding?

This is such fun!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Count me in as hooked!
    This really seems like a quality show. It's reminding me a little of Jericho.
    I hope that those people who did not like the future they were shown are able to change it.

Benford burning the bracelet was interesting; thinking that that will change the future

basically by him building the whole Mosaic thing based on his vision he is making everything come true

and it seems that he is not accepting what the wife says and will eventually push her away... THAT is what will drive him back to the bottle

better for him to ignore everything and carryon

but then again it's too late because they already started the website

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3718697;
    Benford burning the bracelet was interesting; thinking that that will change the future

basically by him building the whole Mosaic thing based on his vision he is making everything come true

and it seems that he is not accepting what the wife says and will eventually push her away... THAT is what will drive him back to the bottle

better for him to ignore everything and carryon

but then again it's too late because they already started the website
    This is the part I was talking about before that I think is going to make this show so interesting. If you see a vision that 6 months down the road you will be drinking and your wife will be with someone else, how does it affect you? As we saw this week, the distrust is already starting a little bit. I think this is actually compounded by the fact that he has still not been honest with his wife that he saw himself drinking in his dream. He knows that if he starts drinking again she will leave him. So what is really bothering him is knowing that he is the cause of their marriage falling apart. But what he appears to be doing is what I'm sure we have all seen before - party 1 feels really guilty about something, so they take the offensive approach and work to make party 2 feel like it is really all their fault.

What I think will be interesting (and I guess I assumed it in the first paragraph) is which comes first - does he start drinking and that causes her to leave or does she leave and he starts drinking as a result? Knowing that the other guy is somehow involved in all of this now makes me wonder!

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3716378;
    So there is no way he could have been in Detroit at 11 when the flash forward happened and then made it back to CA to show up at his son's bedside that night. I know a plane flight from CA to Det. is over 5 hours, so I can't imagine how long it would take to drive.
    Well, you should also know that the Dr that was going to shoot himself made it from the beach to the hospital (that looks to be in Downtown LA) walking, no less, in what seemed like 20 minutes. Driving that would have taken 30 minutes on a good day.
    Also, the FBI headquarters is actually the Dept of Water & Power building, which makes me LOL every time I see it, since my dad works there.

My question on the overall show (which I am loving), is can you really change your future? Or can you only change the circumstances behind it? but ultimately it will be the same?
    Last edited by pfeifferdcat; 10-05-2009 at 03:21 PM.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;3718850;
    Well, you should also know that the Dr that was going to shoot himself made it from the beach to the hospital (that looks to be in Downtown LA) walking, no less, in what seemed like 20 minutes. Driving that would have taken 30 minutes on a good day.
    Also, the FBI headquarters is actually the Dept of Water & Power building, which makes me LOL every time I see it, since my dad works there.

My question on the overall show (which I am loving), is can you really change your future? Or can you only change the circumstances behind it? but ultimately it will be the same?
    Well, I can tell you what the book concluded.... but that may or may not predict where the TV show is going. I'll spoil it in any case, but remember, the show is already very different than the book. In the book
    Click to see Spoiler:
    people early on show that you can change the future when one person who had had a vision of what they were doing--confirmed by the same vision by another participant in the scene--kills himself. So obviously he was alive in the flash forward,,,but now he won't be. (If I recall correctly he killed himself because he was so depressed by what he learned of his future life in the FF, which in the book was many years in the future, not just 6 months)

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3718993;
    Well, I can tell you what the book concluded.... but that may or may not predict where the TV show is going. I'll spoil it in any case, but remember, the show is already very different than the book. In the book
    Click to see Spoiler:
    people early on show that you can change the future when one person who had had a vision of what they were doing--confirmed by the same vision by another participant in the scene--kills himself. So obviously he was alive in the flash forward,,,but now he won't be. (If I recall correctly he killed himself because he was so depressed by what he learned of his future life in the FF, which in the book was many years in the future, not just 6 months)
    Yes, the book allows for
    Click to see Spoiler:
    people to change their future. Some chose suicide, thereby preventing the FF from playing out; one character (Theo) prevents his own murder, predicted by the FF. Others fulfilled their destiny.

But, whether the show will adopt the same premises or not One persons view could lead to a happy ending, another might lead to his/her demise. I would hope that the characters that I grow fond of will stick around a little while; but, it's hard to know what is in the mind of those showrunners.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3718843;
    This is the part I was talking about before that I think is going to make this show so interesting. If you see a vision that 6 months down the road you will be drinking and your wife will be with someone else, how does it affect you? As we saw this week, the distrust is already starting a little bit. I think this is actually compounded by the fact that he has still not been honest with his wife that he saw himself drinking in his dream. He knows that if he starts drinking again she will leave him. So what is really bothering him is knowing that he is the cause of their marriage falling apart. But what he appears to be doing is what I'm sure we have all seen before - party 1 feels really guilty about something, so they take the offensive approach and work to make party 2 feel like it is really all their fault.

What I think will be interesting (and I guess I assumed it in the first paragraph) is which comes first - does he start drinking and that causes her to leave or does she leave and he starts drinking as a result? Knowing that the other guy is somehow involved in all of this now makes me wonder!

your analysis is spot on though

time travel will always cause problems...

chicken/egg

can't break the cycle

it's like that old commercial where that guy goes " I do drugs, so i can work longer, so i can earn more, so i can do more drugs, so i can work longer..."

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Really curious about Dylan & Charlie's Flashforwards... Charlie seems to have had a bad experience in her flashforward involving D Gibbons, but also knew Dylan by sight... so were they both kidnapped by D Gibbons?? But Dylan also recognized Charlie's mom Olivia, so how does that all fit in? Very interesting. If Charlie is kidnapped, would that explain why Mark Benford starts drinking again?
    And really, if he saw a vision that he was working at the office on April 29th, and men are trying to kill him, why wouldn't he just make sure that he didn't go there that night? And now he has a warning that he will be tempted to drink again, shouldn't that make him more on his guard?
    Also interested to see if the other FBI agent (Dimitri?) can prevent his own murder (didn't he play Sulu in Star Trek 2009?).
    Last edited by jmb; 10-06-2009 at 07:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread