+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Flash Forward, ABC

Re: Flash Forward, ABC

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom;3716378;
    I think he was involved, but I don't think he was baseball park guy. As you may remember from my rant last week, baseball park guy was in Detroit. Honestly don't remember where this is - but I think CA? Remember last week they said all planes were grounded right after the flash forward. So there is no way he could have been in Detroit at 11 when the flash forward happened and then made it back to CA to show up at his son's bedside that night. I know a plane flight from CA to Det. is over 5 hours, so I can't imagine how long it would take to drive.
    Oh, sure, introduce logic into the conversation.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;3716641;
    yep

dude is lying

we haven't seen his FF perspective yet

maybe taking that phonecall in his vision probably was something key in his FF

he's probably also trying to change the future
    Either that or he didn't blackout because he had something to do with it. I think he had something to do with it so he didn't have a "memory".
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

In the book, Lloyd Simcoe is the protagonist. On the show he isthe father of Dilan the man Olivia has an affair with, while Mark Benson (Fiennes) is the main character. Interesting connection between the book and show.

I can see that the writer's will keep certain themes from the book, incorporated into the series: free will versus predestination, "romantic love in a situation where the future is believed to be bad" to quote wiki. There is a character that disparately tries to prevent his own murder/death
    Click to see Spoiler:
    and succeeds in the book

and "two peripheral characters, who did not previously know each other, begin a relationship simply because it was part of their visions".

There seems to be some connections between the book and the series, although they could mix it up quite a bit.

I certainly hope that Demitri Noh is able to prevent his murder, I really like him and sympathize with the character.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

If I remember the season preview correctly, his bride to be says she "saw" him at the wedding, so maybe with the warning Dimitri gets next week, he will be able to adjust his timeline.

I'm developing a new theory about Charlie and the boy and the entanglement. What if both children were kidnapped by D. Gibbons, whom she saw as a bad man in her vision. The boy's father, Lloyd, works at Stanford but it wasn't specified in what department. Perhaps he is a scientist who helped develop the technology that D Gibbons stole for his own purpose and in the chase, Gibbons takes both children as collateral. That is why Lloyd was on the phone.

Charlie knowing both the boy and D. Gibbons brings the conspiracy unraveling close to Mark's home. It may also be why he was so paranoid in his vision and that armed goons were gunning for him. Hmm.

Interesting how this will play out. I heard the co-showrunners mention the longevity of the show as they were hoping 2.... 3 years. Reasonable to hope for a new show, but really I bet they want it go longer; and if it continues to attract viewers it might.

I wondered whether Demitri and Janus have an affair and that is how she gets pregnant... She doesn't seem to be out and about dating, so logically the father of her future little girl could be someone she works with, possible someone who was murdered...... as in Demitri's supposed future and that's why she was crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies
    his bride to be says she "saw" him at the wedding
    I know that his wedding was predicted by fiance, but I was confused by that - because at one point Mark was discussing the Bachelor party with him in the car just before the FF, and I had the feeling it was supposed to be sooner. It is logical that they could have postponed it, or I could have mistaken the inference.
    Could the fiance have been lying? Did see actually see him, or presume the guy was Demitri....... because she didn't want him to be upset?
    I am looking forward to this show, and what happens when they reach that date in the future..... March 17 wasn't it?
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Mike'sgirl, April 29 is the date the episode in which they catch up with themselves is scheduled to be aired according to the hints given at their website.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Ahh thanks so much Florimel! I guess I just had my mother-in-law's birthday (St. Pat's day) stuck in my brain.
    Christopher Reeve

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3717043;
    Could the fiance have been lying? Did see actually see him, or presume the guy was Demitri....... because she didn't want him to be upset? I am looking forward to this show, and what happens when they reach that date in the future..... March 17 wasn't it?
    Florimel, I think Mike'sgirl was referring to March 17, 2010, the day that Noh was told he was going to be murdered!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3717699;
    Florimel, I think Mike'sgirl was referring to March 17, 2010, the day that Noh was told he was going to be murdered!
    I think the date he was told was March 15 ... the Ides of March!

Ah, sorry for my misunderstanding of Mike's question.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread