+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Being Human" on BBC America

"Being Human" on BBC America

I am not sure if this already has a thread and it's buried. I went back several pages and could not find it but maybe I missed it.

This is a British tv series about a vampire, a werewolf, and a ghost who share an apartment, which was previously owned by the ghost when she was alive and her fiancee. It's funny, serious, all wrapped into one.

They are re-airing it on BBC America. The first episode aired last week and they did a repeat of the first episode tonight before the 2nd episode. There is an original pilot with two of three main characters as different actors. Although I think I like the new actors better, it was interesting to watch the pilot and the new "first episode" for some minor plot differences.

Anyone else seen it?

Re: "Being Human" on BBC America

I watched the first episode on OnDemand this afternoon and it was okay. It may be like other shows where it takes a bit for them to hit their stride. I will say that Aidan Turner reminds me so much of Liev Schreiber that I almost found it distracting.

I think the show does have potential, although the premise sounds like a joke: "A vampire, a werewolf and a ghost walk into a bar..."
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I'll give the show a chance. So far I'm still interested.

Fort Member

It does take a couple of episodes to get into it and just as you do it ends, there are only 6 episodes. It finished here about two weeks ago and in the UK earlier this year they have said that there will be a second season, but i have not heard when it will be screened. I really liked it, its different, very dark and and i hope the second series is a bit longer.

FORT Fogey

This show is coming back in the summer!

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27;3881207;
    I am so happy! I love the show!!!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I was hoping it would! I really enjoy the show and had been wondering if there would be any more of them.

Who is John Galt?

I watched the whole season when it aired the first time. I enjoyed it. It is not as good as Survivors (now airing on BBC), but it is okay.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Hooray--so glad to hear that! I would've hated if they just left it the way they did. Something to look forward to during the summer.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

The second season of Being Human starts after the Doctor Who finale this Saturday at 10pm, July 24, 2010.

The critics over at TV Guide are raving over this show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast