+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Being Human" on BBC America

Re: "Being Human" on BBC America

They've always edited out swear words and explicit sex scenes. Can't remember about nudity, though.

I'm liking season 2, and boy howdy..didn't see it coming that Mitchell's lady doc is "The Professor". I call the guy who works for her "Mr. Creepy".

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;4030919;
    They've always edited out swear words and explicit sex scenes. Can't remember about nudity, though.

I'm liking season 2, and boy howdy..didn't see it coming that Mitchell's lady doc is "The Professor". I call the guy who works for her "Mr. Creepy".
    Missed the last episode, but going to catch in on demand... interesting....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;4030919;
    They've always edited out swearr words and explicit sex scenes. Can't remember about nudity, though.

That was a fantastic preview & I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out -- I certainly didn't get the impression that she had an agenda vis a vis Mitchell.

Love this show.

*BUMP* Maybe I should start a new thread, but we'll wait on that for now....

SyFy is airing commercials for the new, "original series" Being Human. Fine, do a remake, but to call it original programming is a bit of a jerk move. Many fans watched the BBC version which is, I'm sure superior to this new show.

I may give the new series a try, but I don't expect much. Anyone else going to watch?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Not planning on watching it. I watch the original. Its still on the air for me! I also saw a preview and think the actors are too "pretty" and standard hollywood hunks. Give me George any day!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I didn't realize they were remaking it and after checking out the pictures and video, I'll be passing. I like the BBC version too much and watching dual shows would be too much for me, I think.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I just rented the BBC version in anticipation of the new series on SyFy and will be watching it over the next couple of days. I'll see how it goes from there. In a non-related matter (LOL) SyFy has decided to run season 3 of Merlin and that is due to start 1-7. Season 2 is due to come out on Netflix 1-11.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

The cast of the UK version are all fantastic and perfect for their roles, especially the gal who plays Annie.

In the US version their names have been changed, so maybe that's how they can call it "original"?! I doubt it'll have the same magic that the original has, but I'll give it at least a watch to see how it goes.

Season 3 premiere starts on BBC America Saturday, Feb 19, 2011 at 9pm ET. The episode is extra long at 90 minutes.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

There will be a Being Human marathon on Saturday, February 19, 2011 starting at 6am on BBC America. Fans will be able to watch all 6 episodes from season 1 and all 8 episodes of season 2 before the season 3 premiere.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast