+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 93 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293 LastLast
Like Tree172Likes

Thread: The Good Wife

Re: The Good Wife

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Tonight was another really good episode. I loved that all the reactions were as individual as the characters. Loved Cary's reaction in the deposition. Liked seeing him assert himself. Appreciated that David (is that his name....family Law guy that is such as a$$ most of the time) needed a moment. Just an all around good episode.
    Wasn't Cary great! I cant wait for the next episode
    NCLurker, PWS, tinderbox and 1 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

To the Point

Loved the fact that he just took the bull by the ......horns (or...) and played hard ball. Loved it!!!

and honestly when David just walked out on Diane and went to the other office and ordered people out I thought he was just going to continue being his usual nasty self. It was a relief that he actually needed at least a short moment.
    tinderbox and Moontat like this.

Another excellent episode. I went through a handful of Kleenex. There wasn't one false note from any of the cast members. Just terrific from start to finish.
    Loved the fact that he just took the bull by the ......horns (or...) and played hard ball. Loved it!!!

and honestly when David just walked out on Diane and went to the other office and ordered people out I thought he was just going to continue being his usual nasty self. It was a relief that he actually needed at least a short moment.
    I had the same thought I actually said, "You little weasel." Nice to see him have that brief moment of humanity.

I actually cheered when Diane fired that client. What a scumbag. AND when she fired that intern who'd been there for one week. Haven't we all known someone like that?

Nice little moment in the hospital with Finn. I love Matthew Goode. I hope he sticks around for a while.....even though I do wish he was speaking with his regular accent.
    NCLurker, JLuvs, Jamie5632 and 3 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

David's reaction was the first that made me cry, actually felt sorry for him and was glad when he didn't try to stop Diane from firing the jerk client. Loved Cary even more then ever. At least Peter was somewhat understanding. Kalinda was totally true to form, I cried again when she slumped against the locker. I would be just like Alicia playing and replaying the message till I was crazy. Loved Diane and Alicia at GL, and thought the scene with Fin was dead on, hope he when finally remembers, he remembers it was something good for Alicia, all in all the last two weeks have definitely taking things up to a whole new level for an already great show.
    NCLurker, tinderbox and Fanny Mare like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Even the small details..their make up people are really good... take the lipstick of Alicia and she looks practically dead herself...and I'm sure they did other things to her make up.
    I agree, all the characters stayed in character yet showed how they felt about Will. And that stupid sobbing intern surrounded by people giving her Kleenex...a reall it's all about me person, when probably everyone else there knew Will better than she did....
    Moontat likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Tonight was another really good episode. I loved that all the reactions were as individual as the characters. Loved Cary's reaction in the deposition. Liked seeing him assert himself. Appreciated that David (is that his name....family Law guy that is such as a$$ most of the time) needed a moment. Just an all around good episode.
    Oh yeah, that struck me as well...David Lee's reaction. He is human, after all. All-around great acting. But wow, Alicia is so cold towards Peter. Yeah, I know Will's death hit her like a ton of bricks and she is in shock, grieving, and probably wondering what could have been, but she is like an ice queen with her husband.
    NCLurker likes this.

So I guess Damien is gone? I don't think his character was a hit with the fans (not me anyway) so maybe that's why he was written out without so much as a "don't let the door hit you on the way out" lol.

What was the purpose of the storyline of Diane firing the client? He's not the father of the kid on trial who killed Will right? I just didn't understand what that moment added to the episode.

Loved that she fired the weepy intern who had only been there a week but was crying like she knew Will for years. Diane is tough and I like her. I think she got a raw deal not getting the Judgeship and I hope to see her and Alicia continue to make amends.
    Moontat and tapper01 like this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

The last two episodes were perfectly produced...from the dialogue, camera angles, make-up, background noises, etc. to the acting... which was outstanding! None of them, from major characters to bit players, overplayed their parts It was honest, from the heart, acting! Kudos to everyone connected with this show.

That said, I'd give up the great viewing experiences, in a minute, if we could get Josh Charles back. He will be missed.

What was the purpose of the storyline of Diane firing the client? He's not the father of the kid on trial who killed Will right? I just didn't understand what that moment added to the episode.
    All the clients of the firm were being called to let them know about Will's death. This was the only client who demanded to be seen in person about his relationship with the firm within hours of Will's death. Diane fired the client because he was totally self centered, beyond classless, and cold hearted. He couldn't even give the firm one day to digest the news of the loss of Will. That's also why there were no other law firms who wanted him as a client.
    Last edited by tinderbox; 03-31-2014 at 03:02 PM.
    Punkin and Moontat like this.

Thanks tinderbox, that makes sense. I was in the middle of something while the episode was playing and I think I missed a few dialogue exchanges.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I loved it when Dian fired that girl for being such a drama queen. We have all worked with someone like that!

+ Reply to Thread