+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 93 FirstFirst ... 377778798081828384858687888990919293 LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: The Good Wife

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Re: The Good Wife

First off: KUDOS to everyone at TGW for keeping that a secret! That took everyone by surprise which is what shows used to be able to do before the internet. Very well done!

Secondly for all wondering Josh Charles was done with the show! We were lucky to get him back for a season 5 at all. I hope it's ok that I post this here. It's a link with an interview with Josh about Will's exit:

The Good Wife Exclusive: Josh Charles on the Shocking Twist

He was the only series regular not signed to a 6 year deal, which is standard when you are starting a new show. Instead they gave him a 4 year deal. After speaking with Julianna, with whom he's be friends for years, he decided that he'd come back for one more season but he decided on 15 episodes. Then the writers asked him to come back for one more in flashbacks and he agreed. Everyone associated with the show knew this was coming.

I liked the letter they posted on Facebook saying they could do this or "move him to Seattle" which was a reference to George Clooney's departure from ER when he and Julianna were playing such a happy couple. IMO they were right to do this. If the actor was done with the show, then sending him to prison as part of election investigation would not have worked nor would have moving him away. Nothing would ever be final between him and Alicia. This was final, and it's going to change the way the show is once again.

I will miss Will. I've been a fan of Josh's ever since Sports Night, but if he wasn't staying, then I support the decision to kill off Will. This is going to give the other actors so much good work. And if the writers are smart, they will grab Michael J Fox as a series regular since his show was canceled on NBC. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with this.
    Punkin likes this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

To the Point

My mind is still blown this morning. Last night I just thought maybe I had missed the speculation, but obviously there had been none. Wow, just wow! One way to reinvent and keep it exciting!

I love Michael J Fox, I am happy to see him back.
    PWS, norealityhere and inthegarden like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I'm just speechless. Never saw that coming. Thanks for the above links...had no idea Josh was newly married. I'll miss him; he's a terrific actor but am excited to see the direction the show is heading. Next week's episode looks awesome!
    Moontat likes this.

That was a real shocker! While I normally don't like it when a major character leaves a show (except Katherine Heigl who should have been killed off of Grey's Anatomy imo) I do understand they are real people with real lives and sometimes want to move on. Same thing happened just recently with the actress who plays Allison on Teen Wolf. Her death was also a real shock but she too wanted to move on to other things. I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Remember the ditzy clingy woman who Will was seeing who kept saying "put a baby in me, just kidding," well I predict she will show up pregnant and say it's Will's baby. You heard it here first, lol.
    Moontat likes this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    That was a real shocker! While I normally don't like it when a major character leaves a show (except Katherine Heigl who should have been killed off of Grey's Anatomy imo) I do understand they are real people with real lives and sometimes want to move on. Same thing happened just recently with the actress who plays Allison on Teen Wolf. Her death was also a real shock but she too wanted to move on to other things. I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Remember the ditzy clingy woman who Will was seeing who kept saying "put a baby in me, just kidding," well I predict she will show up pregnant and say it's Will's baby. You heard it here first, lol.
    Would not surprise me at all. Prior to this episode I kept expecting a pregnancy to come into play.
    tinderbox and Moontat like this.

Wow, did not expect this. So sad. Was rooting for an Alicia will marriage

I had to watch it online. Did it end with Alicia taking the call about Will?

Yes -- Eli took the call from Kalinda, and handed the phone to Alicia after pulling her off the dais, and Alicia said "Hello?" and then, blackout.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post

At the beginning of this season I couldn't figure out why this this sex crazed character was even on the canvas. Well, I think your prediction was, in fact, her "purpose". Kudos to you for figuring this out. You're probably right.

+ Reply to Thread