+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 101 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596 ... LastLast
Like Tree234Likes

Thread: The Good Wife

Re: The Good Wife

So glad that Will and Alicia made peace in this episode, but "Holy Crap" indeed! And its not even the end of the season! Did not see that coming!
    yourefired likes this.

Well kudos to them for not letting this get out! I am going to miss Will, very very much
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wow....stunned.... As you say, kudos to them for keeping that quiet, not ONE hint! I, too, am curious as to what he will say... but I turned on the TV and there's just reruns of CSI Miami (showing "Beckett" from Castle being interrogated!)... Either I missed it, or everything is on so late they just postponed it...TGW was very late due to some earlier sporting event.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Wow....stunned.... As you say, kudos to them for keeping that quiet, not ONE hint! I, too, am curious as to what he will say... but I turned on the TV and there's just reruns of CSI Miami (showing "Beckett" from Castle being interrogated!)... Either I missed it, or everything is on so late they just postponed it...TGW was very late due to some earlier sporting event.
    Nevermind. I misread your post.

Wow! Shocked is an understatement. Thought the look at rest of the season was fantastic.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Like the rest of you I was totally shocked and will miss Josh Charles (Will) on The Good Wife. I just read that he originally was going to leave at the end of the 4th season when his contract was up. The Good Wife star Julianna Margulies, who also is a producer on the series, was told of Charles’ decision to leave and was instrumental in getting Charles to stay on for Season 5 with a new short-term deal. That gave the series’ writers a chance to plan his exit as one of the major plot twists for the fifth season. By the end of last season, the entire main Good Wife cast had been informed of Charles’ pending exit, so they knew going into Season 5 that it would be their last with Charles. How amazing that they were able to keep this a secret.

I thought Josh Charles was a fantastic actor and I wish him well in whatever he decides to pursue.

The creators of the show Michelle and Robert King said they have a new prosecutor coming on (Matthew Goode) and the return of popular recurring guest stars Michael J. Fox for four episodes and Dylan Baker. The next episode is supposed to be dealing with the aftermath for Alicia and then return to some comic episodes because the show has always had two sides - one tragic and the other comic. It has been renewed for a sixth season.

One of the articles I was reading had almost 600 comments on it and there were a lot that said they were waiting for Alicia and Will to finally get back together and since that's not going to happen they aren't going to watch any longer. I'm sure that was a knee jerk reaction and some will change their mind and others won't.

Wow! Shocked is an understatement. Thought the look at rest of the season was fantastic.
    I agree JLuvs!!!
    Moontat likes this.

Josh Charles will be on Letterman tonight.

Like everyone else, I sure didn't see that coming!

One question...what happened to the shooter? There was a shot of him crouched down holding the gun under his chin. Then they cut to Kalinda walking in and finding Will lying on the floor. Did the kid kill himself or was he taken into custody?

Jeff wanted to kill himself, but he ran out of bullets. He kept pulling the trigger, but the gun just kept clicking, which we could hear as Kalinda made her way to Will. It's too bad that Hunter Parrish's character went that route -- he's a good actor and very easy on the eyes; I wouldn't have minded seeing him again.

What a shocker! I had no clue this was coming either. As for the internet fans who won't watch again because they won't get their Willicia ship addiction fed anymore -- oh well, see ya! They missed a great legal drama while they were sitting there waiting for people to kiss.
    Moontat likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

TVLine already has an exclusive interview with Josh Charles posted -- they must have been sitting on this info for days:

‘The Good Wife’: Will Gardner Dies in Season 5 — Josh Charles Interview - TVLine
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I'm so glad Josh Charles didn't just leave at the end of the last season and was open to them really crafting a great exit for him. SO much better than just disbarring Will and having him disappear.

I love Matthew Goode, but WHY can't they let him use his regular sexy British accent? He's still adorable, but with the accent he's dead sexy.

Not really excited about Michael J. Fox returning. I don't like Canning and his schtick.

This show really does a great job with its guest actors (with the exception of MJF, who I normally do like). They get these great well-known actors, but blend them into the show so seamlessly that it never feels like a "very special guest appearance by..." like on so many other shows.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread