+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 95 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586 ... LastLast
Like Tree185Likes

Thread: The Good Wife

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: The Good Wife

Amazing epi last night...I was on the edge of my seat it was so intense! I'm kind of p o'ed that Peter stuck his nose in Alicia's business and used his influence to get them the Chum Hum account. Not fair but I guess the new firm doesn't care how it got that money-maker of an account. I am torn as far as whose side to take. I love Diane, absolutely love her and hate that Peter is being so petty and she won't become a judge after all. I don't want Lockhart/Gardner to go under but Alicia is such a complex character and I can't completely get on board with her, either. She wasn't above playing 'dirty' to get what she wanted, even involving her son Zach to try to move some info from the company cloud to her personal cloud. She should not have involved him. I love the writing; nothing is ever black or white...there are so many shades of gray and layers to the main characters. The next episodes should be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Amazing epi last night...I was on the edge of my seat it was so intense! I'm kind of p o'ed that Peter stuck his nose in Alicia's business and used his influence to get them the Chum Hum account. Not fair but I guess the new firm doesn't care how it got that money-maker of an account. I am torn as far as whose side to take. I love Diane, absolutely love her and hate that Peter is being so petty and she won't become a judge after all. I don't want Lockhart/Gardner to go under but Alicia is such a complex character and I can't completely get on board with her, either. She wasn't above playing 'dirty' to get what she wanted, even involving her son Zach to try to move some info from the company cloud to her personal cloud. She should not have involved him. I love the writing; nothing is ever black or white...there are so many shades of gray and layers to the main characters. The next episodes should be great!
    I am not fond of Diane, she has been pretty snooty( she plays her part well) I never saw her as a judge( miss pole up her butt) LOLI am was so pleased Peter helper them out. It's true, in most law firms the worker bees do all the work, and people like Will and Diane just stroll in and take all the credit
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I am not fond of Diane, she has been pretty snooty( she plays her part well) I never saw her as a judge( miss pole up her butt) LOLI am was so pleased Peter helper them out. It's true, in most law firms the worker bees do all the work, and people like Will and Diane just stroll in and take all the credit
    Yes, but weren't Will and Diane once worker bees themselves? They had to start somewhere at the first level, work their tail off, and then eventually have enough money and clout to start their own firm, right? Well, I knew Diane was not going to become a judge and her dismissal from Lockhart/Gardner was not going to stick, b/c she is one of the principal characters. I just think she is an amazing actress and love her wardrobe.
    Moontat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Yes, but weren't Will and Diane once worker bees themselves? They had to start somewhere at the first level, work their tail off, and then eventually have enough money and clout to start their own firm, right? Well, I knew Diane was not going to become a judge and her dismissal from Lockhart/Gardner was not going to stick, b/c she is one of the principal characters. I just think she is an amazing actress and love her wardrobe.
    Yes, but where did they start and with what firm?? lots of lawyers break away and they take clients with them. I just love this show
    Moontat likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Will Will forgive Diane and let her back in the firm? Remember she got kicked out as well for doing the story that denigrated Will (and told the truth about him). But she also broke the news about the defections....
    Given that Alicia partly decided to go with the new firm because she didn't like the ethics of the old firm it's impressive how quickly she is sliding down the slippery slope. On the other hand she always knew that her value on the masthead was being Mrs. Florrick, far above and beyond her lawyering skills, and the implication there is that she has some kind of pull, even if she never intended to use it.

I too love this show.

As for Diane, she back-stabbed Will to nail the judgeship, and then made sure her position as a gubernatorial appointee was firm ... and then turned against the Governor Elect's wife. Really? I can't really like someone who from appearances seems so self wound. There is that old "rule" that says to be careful who you step on ... on your way ... up lest you meet them on your way down.

They are all very smart ... but Peter came up smartest with his pointed remark.

I don't know about Kalinda. She got the other investigator (forgot her name) ... fired and that and her other actions point to her being on Will's side.
    I am not sure why she is making that choice.

Anyway ... can't wait until next week.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

TV Guide gave this show a 10.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

dang I don't know what happened to this season of The Good Wife but man it is kicking some serious butt!!! Excellent writing this season and acting....I agree I am on the edge of my seat every week.

I don't know what Kalinda is doing I think at times she is getting under my skin.

David Lee, man he cracks me up...I love that character!

i agree Peter needs to stay out of Alicia's business....i betcha it is gonna come bite him later on.

Looking forward to a wonderful season!

Boy ... Will is really showing his true colors ... he really is deviously smart.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Boy ... Will is really showing his true colors ... he really is deviously smart.
    I agree!! He and Alicia know one another so well. Its crazy good how this show is the one I wait to see each week now. The writing is delicious!!
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread