+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 93 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Like Tree172Likes

Thread: The Good Wife

Re: The Good Wife

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Cary left! and then returned - Alica was far more deserving
    Exactly! She's been there, consistently performing for the firm. He left for what? A year? I didn't think it was that strange when they offered Alicia the partnership, but I knew something was up when they offered it to Cary (not to mention the other 4th years) as well.

I think Diane (?) mentioned that Peter was one reason they chose Alicia to get the sole partnership offer, but I also think she has stood out as a solid performer.

I agree with PWS - if Alicia hadn't taken the partnership offer, they would have offered it to someone else AND she would likely never get another offer.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Exactly! She's been there, consistently performing for the firm. He left for what? A year? I didn't think it was that strange when they offered Alicia the partnership, but I knew something was up when they offered it to Cary (not to mention the other 4th years) as well.

I think Diane (?) mentioned that Peter was one reason they chose Alicia to get the sole partnership offer, but I also think she has stood out as a solid performer.

I agree with PWS - if Alicia hadn't taken the partnership offer, they would have offered it to someone else AND she would likely never get another offer.
    Yup, I posted the same thing. If Alica had said no, Cary would have said yes!! for sure
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post

The one who mentioned it to Alicia was the guy who does the divorce cases... a big moneymaker for the firm, but often unpleasant to the others. And he did it in a way that implied that that was about the only reason she got the job...because they thought Peter would be Gov. This despite the fact that I think he and Alicia worked well on at least one case together.

Cary left! and then returned - Alica was far more deserving
    Cary didn't really leave - he was let go and ended up at the DAs office. The firm had to decide who to let go, him or Alicia and Cary was the one to go. He was gone for 2 seasons.

Unfortunately, I missed this epi, due to power outage, but it will be new to me when it reruns.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Cary didn't really leave - he was let go and ended up at the DAs office. The firm had to decide who to let go, him or Alicia and Cary was the one to go. He was gone for 2 seasons.

Unfortunately, I missed this epi, due to power outage, but it will be new to me when it reruns.
    I recall Cary being a little snake at one time.
    -Andy Rooney-

I recall Cary being a little snake at one time.
    I think they all have been at one time or another....lol!!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Was that the evil queen, so to speak, from V that I saw as the new wife in the previews? If so, cool, she does bad so good, if you'll pardon the grammar!

Did we see if Diane decided to take the judgeship nomination? Assuming that Florrick wins of course....

I loved the way Peter came up with the "big lie"!

Good show tonight. I knew Alica still had a thing for Will ( as would I)

It was sort of sad the guy that died, was killed over a dog barking
    -Andy Rooney-

that had to be one of the best episodes ever...LOVED IT.....go Peter!!!! He is so freakin hot....

what was that song they were dancing too at the end....I loved it....I have so many classical pieces on my ipod I hope I have that one!

Well it's definitely Bach, since it's all Felicia's late client talked about. But I don't know what specific piece.

This was a nice standalone episode. It reminded me of the kind of episode Desperate Housewives would do once in a while, like when Beau Bridges played the neighborhood handyman who died fixing Susan's roof, and each of the housewives reminisced about their relationships with him. It's nice to take a break from constantly driving the plotlines week after week, and have a nice story that stands on its own.

I guess Diane's potential judgeship will play out well into next season, since she wouldn't be appointed unless Peter wins the general election. I'm assuming they are going to more or less follow real time, and save that election for next fall. (This isn't a special election that has to happen right away, is it? I forget.)
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread