+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 101 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Like Tree234Likes

Thread: The Good Wife

Re: The Good Wife

It was an excellent episode, and more power to Alicia for winning the mock trial- and taking on the partnership
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I like both Canning and Elspeth...loved the twist on the DOJ. I like the accordian playing actor...he used to be on a show playing the brother of the Seinfeld woman in one of her later shows... I liked the way Elspeth refused the biscotti and turned down the DOJ guy's moves.

At the end Cary and their investigator were both looking in the window as Alicia was welcomed in. Boy, that move by the equity partners created a lot of resentment in the 4th years who'd been offered partnerships. If I were any of them I'd be looking to move. Talk about sabotaging the future of the firm. And the partners were saying the 4th years did nothing to earn the money...clearly not true or they wouldn't have been so threatened by the 4ths meeting with the clients whose cases they'd worked on....so the partners know that isn't true...it's just about the $$. Ugh. I hope Alicia stirs things up now that she is in and doesn't forget "the little people".

FORT Newbie

I finally got around to watching Sunday night's episode (all but the end part my DVR cut off -- grrr!), and WOWZERS that kiss!!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It was an excellent episode, and more power to Alicia for winning the mock trial- and taking on the partnership
    Yes, it really was, wasn't it? I loved how Elsbeth and Eli tricked the DOJ judge; she really is a sharp cookie. Not sure how I felt about Will kissing Alicia as I thought they were past that in their relationship. I kind of wished that the equity partners had not changed their mind and decided to offer the partnership to Alicia after all. It sort of put her in an uncomfortable position. On the one hand, I can understand why she would grab it, but on the other hand it sort of negated everything the 4th year associates had talked about in her living room just a short while before. A sort of "one for all" attitude and camaraderie that just went "poof" once the offer was on the table for Alicia.

kinda disappointed with Alicia...I feel she "betrayed" the rest of the 4 years. It would have been so much more interesting if her and Cary would have branched out on their own

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Yes, it really was, wasn't it? I loved how Elsbeth and Eli tricked the DOJ judge; she really is a sharp cookie. Not sure how I felt about Will kissing Alicia as I thought they were past that in their relationship. I kind of wished that the equity partners had not changed their mind and decided to offer the partnership to Alicia after all. It sort of put her in an uncomfortable position. On the one hand, I can understand why she would grab it, but on the other hand it sort of negated everything the 4th year associates had talked about in her living room just a short while before. A sort of "one for all" attitude and camaraderie that just went "poof" once the offer was on the table for Alicia.
    I still think there is a lot of passion between Alicia and Will.

I didn't want them branching out, I believe Cary would have taken it as well
    -Andy Rooney-

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I wouldn't want to lose Diane for one, if they branched out, or Kalinda, although I guess they could take her. The thing is, if she hadn't taken it they would have offerred it someone else, and so on... I suspect someone would have taken it... even Cary. And if she didn't take it, fat chance of it being offered again. Very clever to split the solidarity.
    I thought Alicia was back to having passion with her husband, so she can't just be frustrated....hmmm

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Nani View Post
    kinda disappointed with Alicia...I feel she "betrayed" the rest of the 4 years. It would have been so much more interesting if her and Cary would have branched out on their own
    Totally agree. I do not like Will and I wish Alicia would move on. I do think she got the partnership because of Peter.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

PWS
    FORT Fogey

That might be why she got it instead of Cary, but certainly they both seem deserving of it, given their contributions to their cases over the years.
    The guy who offered it to her was SO nasty about it, with his "feel appreciated" snide comments, that if I were her I'd be really looking to make some changes once I were a partner. Yes, he brings in a lot of money, but in terms of corporate culture he needs a lot of "educating". People in fact do do better work if they feel "appreciated".
    Critical and Coco46 like this.

Cary left! and then returned - Alica was far more deserving
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread