+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 116 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112 ... LastLast
Like Tree400Likes

Thread: The Good Wife

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: The Good Wife

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I like Mathew Perry in his new role I heard he's signed for 4-5 shows .Good
    Yes, I enjoyed him as well... it was a complete departure from the Chandler Bing character from Friends and I enjoyed seeing him on TV again.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I liked him, also---really convincing as a bad guy!

So I guess Jackie has moved from annoying, controlling mother-in-law, to genuine baddie. When she whispered "I forgive you," I wanted Alicia to strangle her! I missed a few minutes of the episode last night, so read a recap. I'm still unclear though. Did Jackie use a trust that she set up for the kids to make the down payment on the house or was it money that someone else had ear-marked for the kids?

Really hating Matthew Perry on the show. I don't mean "love to hate" either. Just not enjoying him. I guess I don't want any more people messing with Alicia.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

what's really weird is that she's wealthy in her own right and wouldn't need to dip into the grand kids trust to put a down payment. Critical - I don't think it was made clear who's money was put into the trust (at least not that I caught)

LOVED the episode - I don't think it will be long before Peter, Alicia and the kids are living in the house.

LOVE devious Jackie.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Critical, I was left wondering about that too. I gather that she raided the kids' trust funds that she herself had set up for them (because doesn't she come from money?) because she would not have had access to any monies that Peter and Alicia had set up for the kids.

Okay, thanks guys. I guess I didn't miss as much as I thought! I couldn't figure out how much to hate her - if she'd pillaged the trusts she set up, that's not nearly as bad as getting into accounts that she hadn't. Still, pretty sleazy. No wonder Peter has issues with women.

I find myself missing Anna Camp. I keep hoping she'll get a series. I think she's so talented, both at comedy and drama.

Looking forward to Cary's return to the firm!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I want Cary back at the firm too

I'm surprised at how much I'm missing Anna's character as well.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

did I hear correctly? only two episodes left is that in the season....please tell me we will get a few more....not ready for this season to end.

Loving Matthew Perry!!

Jackie is the woman we love to hate....

getting so good.

They didn't specify who put the money in the trust. Speaking as someone who deals with these issues for a living, it doesn't matter legally (although I can see the moral distinction) where the money came from. Jackie is in a boatload of trouble.

I loved wild haired Eli but wanted to kick him when he didn't tell his ex why he really couldn't work on her campaign.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    They didn't specify who put the money in the trust. Speaking as someone who deals with these issues for a living, it doesn't matter legally (although I can see the moral distinction) where the money came from. Jackie is in a boatload of trouble.

I loved wild haired Eli but wanted to kick him when he didn't tell his ex why he really couldn't work on her campaign.
    Thanks for the expert input! I'm glad this means trouble for Jackie. She's been out of control for a while now.

+ Reply to Thread