+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 101 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Like Tree234Likes

Thread: The Good Wife

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: The Good Wife

Mariner, do you know if would even be a matter for the bar association if the relationship were consensual? Even a minor level of discipline?

It sure looked like WSC was going to pursue Will for something. And since she surely didn't have much love for Peter before this that humiliating discharge would certainly put him on her enemies list as well.
    A side issue....on the one hand I'm glad there are enough black actors around for some of them to play the villians...on the other hand on this show she's about the only one on the show if you don't count short lived roles like Pastor Isiah, or the villianous partner from last season. And WSC's certainly the only black woman...just wish there were a few others around in the firm...surely in Chicago that would be a good idea. It's a very white law firm/show...just a few South Asian or possibly Latinas (and whatever the heck Kalinda is)....it's hard to believe that in today's Chicago there aren't more African Americans in the DA's office for example. No East Asians, but that's not such a popular career choice for that ethnic group...but African Americans and law, yeah. Hispanics and law, yeah (yes, they did the Ugly Betty story, but again short lived)---there should be more intern/paralegal types floating in the background at least.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Excellent show....somehow I think Alicia had better find a way to break things to her kids about Will...I'm betting that testimony "leaks" somehow.
    I wasn't sure if Peter was mad because Alicia was called, because of what came out (which I assume he heard), or because it was such a fiasco....
    Okay, I realize that Will's strategy was to say Peter Florrick's name as many times as possible - in an attempt to somehow tie him into the bribery case in the mind's of the grand jury. So, was that all smoke and mirrors, and there was absolutely no merit (concerning Peter) in what they were throwing at the grand jury?

I have no doubt that Wendy Scott-Carr will try to go after Will, especially after she was humiliated in front of the grand jury and was dismissed by Peter afterwards. Her ultimate goal was to take down Peter, and I now expect her to use the document that Dana has that could get Alicia in deep trouble. I felt like Peter was mad at WSC for calling Alicia to the stand and asking her about the affair with Will. It truly had nothing to do with Will supposedly bribing judges, and Peter did not want there to be any "conflict of interest" - therefore removing himself from the case so that it would not seem so personal. I also get the idea that Peter does not expect to ever get back together with Alicia but would like to have a civil relationship with her when it comes to their children. He just isn't happy about her affair with Will, and he realizes it is too late for them.

Dana is now livid that she got played by Kalinda, so I wonder how that will all play out. It is now personal for Dana, and I look for her to try to get revenge. She might team up with WSC and turn over the forged document to her. That document is bound to surface sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Mariner, do you know if would even be a matter for the bar association if the relationship were consensual? Even a minor level of discipline?
    No, it wouldn't be. At least not in Washington state and I don't think anywhere.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    No, it wouldn't be. At least not in Washington state and I don't think anywhere.
    Thanks. So if WSC drags that in again next time she goes after Will, it will really be off topic I'd guess.

Yes. She went after Alicia on that issue to make her uncomfortable. What she didn't anticipate was the effect even calling Alicia to testify was going to have on Peter.

I am so lost...I've missed I don't know how many episodes...

Wow, I didn't expect Will to get suspended for 6 months. Does anyone know if the actor is leaving the show?

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    Wow, I didn't expect Will to get suspended for 6 months. Does anyone know if the actor is leaving the show?
    It caught us off guard as well. I love Will

I went looking for news about whether Josh Charles is leaving the show and, thank God, he is not. I'm not too sure what they're going to do with Will since he's pretty much banned from even entering the office, but I'm happy that he's not leaving.

I wonder if Diane will let him come back to the firm in his position as partner once his suspension is lifted. That's always struck me as an uneasy alliance. I wouldn't put it past her to use his absence to solidify her own power.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I am so glad he's not leaving .Thanks Critical

+ Reply to Thread