+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 90 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: The Good Wife

Re: The Good Wife

First of all, that episode was really good....lots of interesting stuff. I don't know where to begin. But, there are many options for the cliffhanger at the end of this season!!!

Will Alicia decide to leave Lockhart/Gardner's firm and go to work for Louis Canning? This may not happen, but last night's episode certainly showed Alicia feeling like she has not been "present" enough in her kids lives since she separated from Peter.

They are certainly setting it up to look like Alicia is beginning to see Peter in a better light right now, but, I don't see them putting Alicia and Peter back together. Alicia only ended the relationship with Will out of guilt, and she is still conflicted about how she feels about Peter.

I can't figure out what that new DA is trying to do by continuing to "tease" Kalinda. Is she also a bisexual like Kalinda? I can't understand why it is so important for her to know whether of not Kalinda ever slept with Cary in the past. It makes no sense to me, since the new DA barely knew Cary prior to her being added to the staff. It seems like she is either jealous or is being portrayed as somewhat of a stalker. So, I am having trouble seeing what makes it so important for her to get that information out of Kalinda. And I am starting to dislike her character on the show more and more each week. I wish that they would get rid of her.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

OK, so Grace was being baptized in what I thought was an Episcopal church, just her lying on some kind of slab and a young guy dripping water on her??? What the heck??? If it was Episcopal that doesn't fit too well with the conservative theology she's been exposed to....Episcopalians are definitely among the more liberal branches on things like female bishops and priests, accepting the lgbt, etc.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

That young guy baptizing her is the one who's a little more radical (I guess). He's the one she's been watching on YouTube.

I'm glad Michael J Fox is back on the scene. Would like to see more of him, but can't believe Alicia would leave Lockhart & Gardener to work for him. Although her guilt at not spending enough time with her kids might push her to do it!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, if she switched firms we'd see a whole group of new characters...if they feel they've milked these for all they can.... But I agree, unlikely. Aside from Kalinda the one I'd miss most is Diane. Definitely glad to see MJ Fox back though!

I loved last night's episode. The actress who plays Wendy Scott Carr does such a great job of being smiley and completely vile. She gives me the creeps every time she opens her mouth. I certainly didn't see the bombshell at the end about her investigation focusing on Peter coming.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I dont think she will switch firms. I am just sad she ended it with Will

I'm very happy to see the ice starting to thaw a little between Alicia and Kalinda. I think Alicia is realizing that she does have a true friend in Kalinda and even though I'm sure it will still take some time, I think we will see them continue on the road to recovering their friendship. I loved the way Alicia threatened Carey about playing games with the paperwork keeping Kalinda in jail. Even though he has his good moments, he does need to be taken down a peg or two and when Alicia does it, all the better.

I'm wondering why Wendy showed her hand to Will so easily. What makes her so sure Will won't tell Peter, or at the least someone else who would leak it to Peter. She seems too smart for such a slip up.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I just read a really good article on TV Guide's website entitled "We Don't Want a Will-They-or-Won't-They-Couple", which was written on 12/09/11. There was lots of insight as to how the second half of the season may unfold.

Here are some things that they said about Will and the investigation being conducted by Wendy Scott-Carr.

(1) The investigation brings more than a few skeletons out of Will's closet
    (2) He will have his hands full trying to remain a lawyer and stay out of prison
    (3) Will has always cut very close to the ethical line, sometimes crossing it, and that does not go away
    (4) He will have to deal with a lot of stuff over the second half of the season
    (5) Will is going to come to a decision by the end of the year

This sounds interesting. That article also discussed the relationship between Alicia and Peter but didn't give any big clues to what is going to happen with them by the end of the year.

Interesting. I was surprised by Alicia telling Owen that she didn't love Will. I'd kind of like them to bring in a whole new love interest for her.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
    Interesting. I was surprised by Alicia telling Owen that she didn't love Will. I'd kind of like them to bring in a whole new love interest for her.
    I had been thinking the same thing about Alicia finding a new love interest, but that article gave me the impression that the writers might be taking Alicia in a different direction. They said that romance is the furthest thing on Alicia's mind as she turns her focus on her kids and especially her career. So, I guess we will be seeing more of Alicia and Diane on screen together as Alicia tries to balance her career and her family.

+ Reply to Thread