+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Like Tree234Likes

Thread: The Good Wife

Re: The Good Wife

They're putting it on Sunday to try and increase the audience, esp. among the coveted 18 - 49.
    On Tuesdays, though they got fairly good numbers, they weren't getting the demographic that the advertisers crave.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Is it replacing Brothers and Sisters? Didn't I hear that they were through?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Shay, I did hear that Brothers and Sisters were canceled , so if it replaces that show at 10 pm but on CBS, that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing in my book as I will still be able to watch it. I wonder why the switch.

Maybe they want a proven winner in a cancelled proven winner's time slot. Sunday night....many people are at home, and they're already committed to Desperate Housewives, so the strong "lead in" is there. Maybe Tuesday night is seen as a good test slot to see if a show has muscles? Just speculation.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

But Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters are/were on ABC, not CBS.

What I fear is CBS actually LOSING viewers with their Sunday night lineup. I am an Amazing Race/Survivor/BigBrother fan on CBS on Sunday nights and I absolutely hate it when golf or football starts at 4 p.m. and runs late. Sometimes the 8 p.m. show doesn't come on until 9 p.m. And CBS never fails to air 60 minutes in its entirety, even if it is airing an hour late!

A lot of viewers may just give up on trying to stay up to watch The Good Wife if it doesn't air close to, until, or even after 11 p.m. on a Sunday night. A problem they never had on a Tuesday night.

Good one, MamaC! I totally brain-farted on the difference of stations! Oh well....there goes my theory!

Well the Sunday switch explains why I couldn't find it to set the PVR to tape on Tuesdays!!!!
    I am in the habit of taping it for months before I start watching. Then I do a marathon I'm assuming that does not help the ratings does it?

Can't wait to see where we pick up from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by lovedrama View Post
    Well the Sunday switch explains why I couldn't find it to set the PVR to tape on Tuesdays!!!!
    I am in the habit of taping it for months before I start watching. Then I do a marathon I'm assuming that does not help the ratings does it?

Can't wait to see where we pick up from last year.
    A word of caution. I don't know how the Sunday lineup is in Toronto, but on the East coast, if the afternoon football game runs into overtime, the rest of the schedule on WCBS is skewed off, and the DVR does not compensate. If that happens, you may loose the end of each episode.

Quote Originally Posted by 9Cloud View Post
    A word of caution. I don't know how the Sunday lineup is in Toronto, but on the East coast, if the afternoon football game runs into overtime, the rest of the schedule on WCBS is skewed off, and the DVR does not compensate. If that happens, you may loose the end of each episode.
    This is one of the things I hate the most about Tv shows on Sunday nights. You really have to be on the ball or you end up missing a good chunk of the end of each episode.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9Cloud View Post
    Thanks for the info. I am just picking this show up this season for my DVR b/c I heard it is so good
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread