+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 101 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Like Tree234Likes

Thread: The Good Wife

Re: The Good Wife

I don't get the sense that Kalinda felt betrayed by the married lover.
    She's growing a conscience - at least in this episode.

I do understand why the writers chose to have Alicia get together with Will. It's all been leading up to that.
    However, even with their elevator kisses, I don't get any palpable chemistry between them.
    Contrast that with the bathroom scene between Alicia and Peter earlier this scene. Now, that was total chemistry!!
    It was on the same level as the scenes between Christine Baranski's character and Gary Cole's!! Hot, hot, hot.

I read that next season the Good Wife is moving to Sundays at 9:00PM. I think CBS feels they'll get a bigger audience there.
    Can't wait 'til it returns.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fanatic

The show is moving to Sunday night. I wonder why they'd move the show. It seemed successful where it was at.

Well CRAP on them moving it to Sunday night! I hate when they do that! Thank God for the DVR....

I suppose Kalinda could be growing a conscious...but I still felt something else from her in that scene. She seemed shocked that the woman was married...like she didn't want to share her, not that she felt guilty about potentially hurting her marriage/spouse. I could re-watch it and get something different...but I probably won't.

We never got to see what happened with Owen, the kids and the mother-in-law. I was hoping for someone to tell Jackie off again.

I thought it was a pang of conscience, but the important thing was who her husband was - and I didn't quite catch it, but it was someone in the District Attorney's office. Their world is too tiny and too incestuous.

I'm not too interested in the soap opera aspects of this show, but I think the cases and legal stories are top notch. I loved the antics Will came up with to delay the jury. I hope we get a lot of Michael J. Fox next season.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I think Peter sent the glove for the reason that was explained to Cary...housecleaning of rotten cases from the previous admin by the incoming admin. so the new folks won't have to start their term with reversals and apologies. Not clear how Peter found the glove though...presumably not sitting in Child's desk...AND he hasn't even really moved in yet... so who gave it to Peter?
    I think Kalinda is growing a conscience, or at least has a new rule, no married people, and was maybe a bit disappointed to realize her friend was akin to Peter in the morals dept. I was worried the sudden backing off would cost her a source though. She definitely had been told before that the woman had a spouse---the woman said, don't you remember I told you at such and such a party that I was married to whosis? (or maybe had shown her a picture, something) She definitely felt that Kalinda should have known...the difference is that now Kalinda cares and before she didn't.
    I liked the key thing also.
    They never really show Julianna having explicit sex... it is all implied...e.g., just her face in the bathroom scene, or her crawling on top of her ex...and then cut away. Maybe it's in her contract. So this is probably all we'll see of the big scene with Will. Maybe an "afterglow" scene if we are lucky... more likely time will have passed.
    Don't know what she is going to do about the internal job offer. I forget, does Eli know they split? He must, right? He's been good about not presuring her to do more than she wants...if he knows they've split and he has his eye on a higher prize why does he think he can pressure her into going along now (since it was made clear that Peter alone is a non-starter).
    Time or Newsweek has the "good wife" concept as their cover story this week! Maybe partly due to the Maria S. story, but surely partly a tribute to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I think Peter sent the glove for the reason that was explained to Cary...housecleaning of rotten cases from the previous admin by the incoming admin. so the new folks won't have to start their term with reversals and apologies. Not clear how Peter found the glove though...presumably not sitting in Child's desk...AND he hasn't even really moved in yet... so who gave it to Peter?
    I think Kalinda is growing a conscience, or at least has a new rule, no married people, and was maybe a bit disappointed to realize her friend was akin to Peter in the morals dept. I was worried the sudden backing off would cost her a source though. She definitely had been told before that the woman had a spouse---the woman said, don't you remember I told you at such and such a party that I was married to whosis? (or maybe had shown her a picture, something) She definitely felt that Kalinda should have known...the difference is that now Kalinda cares and before she didn't.
    I liked the key thing also.
    They never really show Julianna having explicit sex... it is all implied...e.g., just her face in the bathroom scene, or her crawling on top of her ex...and then cut away. Maybe it's in her contract. So this is probably all we'll see of the big scene with Will. Maybe an "afterglow" scene if we are lucky... more likely time will have passed.
    Don't know what she is going to do about the internal job offer. I forget, does Eli know they split? He must, right? He's been good about not presuring her to do more than she wants...if he knows they've split and he has his eye on a higher prize why does he think he can pressure her into going along now (since it was made clear that Peter alone is a non-starter).
    Time or Newsweek has the "good wife" concept as their cover story this week! Maybe partly due to the Maria S. story, but surely partly a tribute to the show.
    It's Newsweek. I have it sitting right here waiting to be read! I scanned it just now and didn't see even a reference to this show, but it's definitely a show that's been inspired by actual events!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

What! Not one passing mention? When they used that title? Come on, they deserve a nod!

I only skimmed, but didn't see anything. I'll report back once I've read the article. A little sidebar about the show wouldn't have been out of place.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by french dip View Post
    I suppose Kalinda could be growing a conscious...but I still felt something else from her in that scene. She seemed shocked that the woman was married...like she didn't want to share her, not that she felt guilty about potentially hurting her marriage/spouse. I could re-watch it and get something different...but I probably won't.

We never got to see what happened with Owen, the kids and the mother-in-law. I was hoping for someone to tell Jackie off again.
    Remember how Kalinda told Alicia that she slept with Peter 'one time, that's what I do' - that's Kalinda - she isn't a relationship/monogomous sort. She sleeps around with men and with women. But it now appears that she's going to be more selective - no more marrieds. She does feel like she betrayed Alicia - otherwise she wouldn't have batted an eye over Sophia being married - whether or not she remembered being told she was married.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Just heard this show was moving to Sunday nights. I hate that! Why mess with a good thing?

+ Reply to Thread