+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 104 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494 ... LastLast
Like Tree261Likes

Thread: The Good Wife

Re: The Good Wife

I grew up in a 2 religion household.
    So, I sampled from the both.
    My parents were never strict about religion 1 way or another. They let us "find" our way.
    I would never call them "irresponsible", however. That seems a bit harsh to me.
    Guiding a child to a parent's chosen, or designated, religion, could be perceived as judgmental.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 02-26-2011 at 04:58 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit View Post
    Here's a really great interview with Archie Panjabi, who plays Kalinda. In it, she talks a lot about the relationship between Blake and Kalinda.

The Good Wife: Archie Panjabi on Playing the Mysterious Kalinda - The Daily Beast
    I read somewhere (don't remember where) that the storyline with Blake's character will play out at the end of the season, possibly during the season finale.

This has become one of my very favorite shows on television. I look forward to watching it every week.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I loved the moment at the end when I realized that Eli had purposefully let Becca approach the other candidate's kid about the nanny because he KNEW it would set off alarm bells for the kid and the candidate and lure him into a cover up. And all without any of the kids realizing how they were being played. The man is indeed the smartest person he knows!
    I don't remember Alicia making that comment, but if she did, frankly, it only seems sad if you are a believer. Otherwise it seems rational. But we should probably end with the religion talk or we will get zapped for being off topic!
    To take it back to her parenting style I think it is pretty consistent with her past behavior, to supportively let the kids explore things that interest them.

Loved the double cross!!

eli and Becca are always golden

was that a handie Becca was giving Zach with Gramma in the other room?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Loved the double cross!!

eli and Becca are always golden

was that a handie Becca was giving Zach with Gramma in the other room?
    LOL Becca was sure trying to LOL. Loved the scene where Eli left the kids and went into the other room then did his little victory dance.

Some interesting plot lines last night, had you holding your breath to see what was going to go down at the board meeting. Nicely played!. There was nothing about Blake last night. Wonder if he will be leaving along with Bond or if he will stay on now that he has been doing some work for Diane too. It was interesting to see Alicia's pensive look at Will when she found out that he was trying to help the Chinese guy really only to help the Internet guy. He was really not concerned with the human rights issue in China. Also when Will made the comment (do not remember the exact words) but more or less that a leopard doesn't change his spots. All while Alicia is seeing Peter trying to be a better person. Lots for her to think about - her white knight is getting a little tarnished and her big bad hubby is starting to clean up his act. Nothing like blurring the lines between black and white.

And Kalinda showed a softer more vulnerable side of her last night. Loved how she tried to take the address back from Alicia and Alicia grabbed it back. Also loved the gentle kiss between her and Carey.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

FORT Newbie

Now that Childs is out of the race, do we think Carey will stay in the DA's office and work for Peter (if he wins) or take Diane up on her offer and work with Alicia? I would imagine neither scenario is ideal to him.

What's up with 2 weeks of repeats....

Looks like a new show will be on next week.
    Looks like they'll be defending Kalinda.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

WTH? So much just happened I got confused! Now Kalinda slept with Alicia's husband?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    WTH? So much just happened I got confused! Now Kalinda slept with Alicia's husband?
    She did work for Peter when he was the State's Attorney, so it sounds like he helped her out many years ago and she slept with him as a thank you. Although I HATE it, this new complication will make things more interesting. Plus, it could open the door for Alicia and Will to get together depending on how she takes the news of her husband sleeping with Kalinda.

I wonder if Blake will make it to the end of the season without getting bumped off. He's sure making a lot of enemies.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread