+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 93 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090 ... LastLast
Like Tree172Likes

Thread: The Good Wife

Re: The Good Wife

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;4154166;
    I thought the ending was supposed to show that the jury whisperer was absolutely right on everything he predicted - but that it didn't matter because even though the jury was sympathetic, saw that the judge was biased, they still saw that he was guilty. In other words, they saw through all the tricks they had played with the defense.
    that's exactly how I interpretted it.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;4155324;
    Well, quite honestly, I loved his answer! They didn't feel that the evidence provided enough for reasonable doubt.

I loved this episode. I really want to see Blake "get his". He is one vile character in my mind.
    by Kalinda
    With a Crowbar
    To the nutz
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Another interesting show last night. I kind of like the relationship that is growing between Cary and Kalinda...it redeems Cary a bit. He is always out to get Alicia (win over her) but at the same time he helps Kalinda a lot. It was interesting how Alicia came home after hearing from Eli that Peter had fired his "pack" at the end of last night and didn't really say anything to Peter but left the bedroom door open. Kind of like saying I am not inviting you back into the bedroom but I am not going to shut you out either. Wonder how this is going to impact the future possiblility of getting together with Will. I am sure that this won't be the end of Peter's political career... they will probably come up with funding from somewhere.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yes, if I'd been Peter I would have been wondering what that door meant....

anders I love your suggestion for Blake! I agree with you and NClurker that he's just sooo slimy, and I love the little spark between Kalinda and Carey, who is getting tough as well as ambitious.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4176539;
    Yes, if I'd been Peter I would have been wondering what that door meant....

anders I love your suggestion for Blake! I agree with you and NClurker that he's just sooo slimy, and I love the little spark between Kalinda and Carey, who is getting tough as well as ambitious.
    Not often do I see the lines of reality and tv blur for me, but I want to help Kalinda take it to Blake!

I loved this Tuesday's episode. I wish they could figure out how to have Michael J. Fox guest star on a regular basis. It was interesting to see that Peter took the hint and is back sleeping in the master bedroom.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I'm finally watching this show. Now I have to get caught up and watch the whole first season, too.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;4188716;
    I loved this Tuesday's episode. I wish they could figure out how to have Michael J. Fox guest star on a regular basis. It was interesting to see that Peter took the hint and is back sleeping in the master bedroom.
    I loved it too! Great episode! I'm so glad to see Will and Diane back on the same side again. The sooner they get that rat Bond (and his toadie, Blake) out of the firm, the better!

I'm torn about Peter and Alicia, because I like Will too. It would be so much easier if Peter was revealed to be a major creep. For now, he seems to be on his best behavior.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4188871;
    I loved it too! Great episode! I'm so glad to see Will and Diane back on the same side again. The sooner they get that rat Bond (and his toadie, Blake) out of the firm, the better!

I'm torn about Peter and Alicia, because I like Will too. It would be so much easier if Peter was revealed to be a major creep. For now, he seems to be on his best behavior.
    I agree! Peter's certainly been one in the past. It is rare for men like him to change their behavior over any extended period of time, but maybe that young black minister actually was able to reach into his soul and produce change.
    He's still in the primary stage of this election, right?
    Am also very glad to have Will and Diane back on the same side....Bond is certainly a very clever rat. I'm not sure why he even needed Will and Diane and their firm... he seems to be doing very well on his own. In a way am also pleased to see the bad guy played by a black actor...especially as he is a sophisticated bad guy, not just some street thug on a cop show, or "magic" billionaire--the kind of rich villian who just appears and you have no idea how he got to this position. In general the way they've handled racial issues on this show has been pretty sophisticated and nuanced, and reflective of real world politics in both the large and small sense of the word.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4188717;
    I'm finally watching this show. Now I have to get caught up and watch the whole first season, too.
    Yes you do. It will be well worth it. It is one of those shows that keeps building on past stuff so the background makes the current episodes even more enjoyable.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

+ Reply to Thread