+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast
Like Tree234Likes

Thread: The Good Wife

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Good Wife

You really do! I have an observation about Julianna's little sidekick, but I'll wait until more people have seen the episode.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

sidekick meaning the private detective or her old college pal that gave her a chance at the job?
    I really like this show, I particularily liked the character of the character of the wife. She's feeling her way through but she's doing it and she's not some shrinking violet when it comes to her husband.
    "mom is it true dad slept with a hooker my age?"
    "they were all over 20"
    ouch!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fogey

Overall I liked it--I like Julianne's work a lot.

I did find the "stacked deck" to be a bit much. I mean--everything was against her--and everyone. For me just a bit too much for a first episode. But I still enjoyed it.

And I'd really like to SEE Chris Noth more--instead of just hearing him on the phone.

I really enjoyed this show a lot. I've been missing a good courtroom drama since they got rid of Shark (never really felt the love or Boston Legal). This one reminded me a lot of Judging Amy...right down to the leading lady. For some reason Amy Brenneman and Julianna Margulies have always been similar to me. I hope this sticks around for awhile, I'd like to see them flesh out some of the side characters and see what happens with her marriage....clearly there's already someone waiting to step in and help pick up the pieces.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I didn't see the whole episode, but was very disappointed to see in the opening credits that Chris Noth is a "special guest star". This either means that he won't be seen often, or he needs to change agents (or both). Or maybe he has other and bigger commitments.

I don't care for the procedural shows so haven't watched that show that he was on last year. He is "Mr. Big" to me.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3709341;
    I didn't see the whole episode, but was very disappointed to see in the opening credits that Chris Noth is a "special guest star". This either means that he won't be seen often, or he needs to change agents (or both). Or maybe he has other and bigger commitments.
    Either that or it'll be like Heather Locklear being a "special guest star" on Melrose for season...after season...after season....after season...
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3709344;
    Either that or it'll be like Heather Locklear being a "special guest star" on Melrose for season...after season...after season....after season...
    Eek, I didn't know that.

So maybe it is more special to be a "special guest star" that to be in the list of "starring".

In any case, if Chris is not going to have more screentime in an episode, then I won't be watching. But how will I know in advance?

Maybe those who are watching can give a heads-up about percentage of Chris-time and I can look for it on you tube.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3709341;

I don't care for the procedural shows so haven't watched that show that he was on last year. He is "Mr. Big" to me.

According to one of the entertainment news shows last night Chris Noth is in New York busy with filming "Sex and the City2."

So his agent seems to be doing theor job okay.

I'm just selfish and want to see him more often on my tv screen and not have to wait to go to the movies to drool over him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3709394;
    According to one of the entertainment news shows last night Chris Noth is in New York busy with filming "Sex and the City2."

So his agent seems to be doing theor job okay.

I'm just selfish and want to see him more often on my tv screen and not have to wait to go to the movies to drool over him.
    Ahhhh. I haven't kept up with what he's doing, nor the SATC sequel movie. Back when the first one was rumored, I swore that I wouldn't see it if Aidan wasn't in it, which he wasn't, and I didn't.

Since then, I've been tempted to see it for Mr. Big (and Carrie). I really barely tolerated the other 3 female leads and their storylines, and the only other male characters that I really liked was Steven (?), the father of Miranda's baby, and Carrie's gay male friend. Did I mention that I am fussy about TV shows and movies?

I do think that SATC is well-written and well-filmed, though. So I guess I am saying that I didn't care for many of the actors' work.

I've never liked the idea of television shows going to the big screen, nor when they switch networks.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3709279;
    Overall I liked it--I like Julianne's work a lot.

I did find the "stacked deck" to be a bit much. I mean--everything was against her--and everyone. For me just a bit too much for a first episode. But I still enjoyed it.

And I'd really like to SEE Chris Noth more--instead of just hearing him on the phone.
    I got the impression that Julianna's character had been out of the workplace for a pretty good while, thus coming back in wasn't easy, plus being married to a known politician who had earned some notoriety didn't make it any easier. We all know how women can treat other women...and it isn't always pretty. And then you also get to deal with the men who want to be jerks, too. There seems to be that unmentioned, veiled threat that surrounds a noted new person. Being new sucks! I feel sorry for all new employees, no matter what their status.

I had to google Chris Noth to see who he was since I did not watch Sex and the City. He looks like somebody who should have been on The Sopranos, to me. His pics on "Google: Images" were not very flattering. It will be interesting to see if she does, indeed, stay with him. Wonder if there is an out-of-wedlock child coming??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread