+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 93 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989 ... LastLast
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: The Good Wife

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: The Good Wife

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4146015;
    I don’t recall the conversation, but Michael Ealy and Will were having a conversation in his office and Diane eavesdropped and overheard only part of it, and what she heard did make it sound like they had something going, which led to her asking Kalinda to check into a connection between them and found out they knew each other in the past and Will never told her, yes Diane is being paranoid. If she weren’t wouldn’t they show us scenes of Ealy and Will hatching a plan to get rid of her?

Loved Granny’s paranoia about Grace being gay – guess gayness and paranoia were a theme last night!!
    Thanks, anders, and good point about their not showing us what Ealy and Will are really doing... although I can certainly understand Diane's paranoia given what she's learned.

Quote Originally Posted by deedreamer;4146859;
    Just read that America Ferrea (sp) (ugly betty) and Jerry Stiller will be making guest appearances in Feb. America is supposed to shake up Alan Cummings life life?? and Jerry Stiller is suppose to play a judge who has a sleep disorder and falls asleep while he is on the bench. Like both of these actors and looking forward to seeing them. Still looking forward each week to finding out more about Kalinda's past...wish they would give us more info. Love that character as much as Alicia.
    Didn’t David E. Kelly do that on The Practice (or was it Boston Legal)?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I used to have a grade school nun teacher who would fall asleep if she sat down for too long! She fell asleep in an assembly one day when the principal was introducing her as a new teacher. She'd fall asleep between spelling words! She was a trip. She'd bob, like one of those toys you could box and had sand in the base, but she never fell over. It was fascinating.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4147047;
    Didn’t David E. Kelly do that on The Practice (or was it Boston Legal)?
    Was it judge Happy on Ally McBeal? It seems familiar but it was so long ago.

Good show last night....LOL you need a game play sheet to keep up with who is in alliance with who. I hope Will and Diane do stay a team and get rid of their new partner...never liked him.

Gotta love Kalinda though...she gets her one up over Blake every time. Loved all the twists last night....Kalinda getting a raise to make more than Blake... Will plotting with Diane to get their company back... The new (old) campaign manager being out smarted by Peter talking to Jackie... The jury whisperer being wrong but in the end things were ok because of the judges ruling.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deedreamer;4154059;
    Good show last night....LOL you need a game play sheet to keep up with who is in alliance with who. I hope Will and Diane do stay a team and get rid of their new partner...never liked him.

Gotta love Kalinda though...she gets her one up over Blake every time. Loved all the twists last night....Kalinda getting a raise to make more than Blake... Will plotting with Diane to get their company back... The new (old) campaign manager being out smarted by Peter talking to Jackie... The jury whisperer being wrong but in the end things were ok because of the judges ruling.

I agree that it was a good episode. I really love how it all played out. I had a bad feeling about the new partner, like he wasn't on the up and up. Leave it to Kalinda to find something in Blake's car which led to Alicia finding out Blake was investigating her, and who knows who else in the firm. Glad Will and Diane are teaming up and that Cary won't be joining the firm...

Re the bolded: Did I miss something? How were things okay because of the judge's ruling? Didn't Will and Alicia lose the case and the 'facial recognition reader' or whatever he was called, wasn't he wrong? They tried to get the judge to recuse himself but he wasn't buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom;4154107;
    I agree that it was a good episode. I really love how it all played out. I had a bad feeling about the new partner, like he wasn't on the up and up. Leave it to Kalinda to find something in Blake's car which led to Alicia finding out Blake was investigating her, and who knows who else in the firm. Glad Will and Diane are teaming up and that Cary won't be joining the firm...

Re the bolded: Did I miss something? How were things okay because of the judge's ruling? Didn't Will and Alicia lose the case and the 'facial recognition reader' or whatever he was called, wasn't he wrong? They tried to get the judge to recuse himself but he wasn't buying it.

Thanks for asking.
    I missed that, too, I guess.
    All I saw was the jury foreman giving his reason to Alicia as to why they voted guilty. I thought that was an honest answer and, while not the one Alicia wanted to hear, probably the one that actually determines a majority of cases, unfortunately.

I like that Chris Noth and Alan Cumming were back last night. Both are great.
    I haven't liked Derrick's character since Day 1, so I do hope they get rid of him soon. I do like seeing Diane get more airtime with Will. I like their dynamic a lot. She's such a great actress.
    On another note, I want to work for that firm. Who gets a $50K increase and a CC membership in 1 fell swoop? Terrific! I'm so jealous.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I thought the ending was supposed to show that the jury whisperer was absolutely right on everything he predicted - but that it didn't matter because even though the jury was sympathetic, saw that the judge was biased, they still saw that he was guilty. In other words, they saw through all the tricks they had played with the defense.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom;4154107;
    Ooops - that is what I get for thinking of too many shows at the same time....lol I was thinking of the ending of Harry's Law where the judge put the kid on probation instead of jail time.

I did like the juror's answer to Alicia - it simply boiled down to "He did it"... nothing else mattered.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

To the Point

Well, quite honestly, I loved his answer! They didn't feel that the evidence provided enough for reasonable doubt.

I loved this episode. I really want to see Blake "get his". He is one vile character in my mind.

+ Reply to Thread