+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 93 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686 ... LastLast
Like Tree172Likes

Thread: The Good Wife

Re: The Good Wife

That was a fantastic episode. It's becoming the one show I hate to miss.

As far as Kalinda, there is definitely more than her sexuality. A few episodes ago, the new investigator basically told her that he knew her supposed background was all a lie.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Definitely my favorite show on now, especially since Mad Men is on hiatus.
    Michael J. Fox was just terrific last night. THis show just keeps getting better and better.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

This show is by far my favourite, hands down.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;4102336;
    That was a fantastic episode. It's becoming the one show I hate to miss.

As far as Kalinda, there is definitely more than her sexuality. A few episodes ago, the new investigator basically told her that he knew her supposed background was all a lie.
    Maybe she really isn't gay but only pretended to be at one point for some reason?
    We know nothing about her at all except that she likes to wear awesome boots and can get just the right answer or find the perfect witness at the snap of a finger.
    She's one bad-a$$ mama.

And I'd like to echo everyone else that I love this show and never miss it.

This show continues to surprise me. I really didn't expect the twist with the sister. And, the political race is getting fascinating. I wonder if Wendy Scott Carr had something to do with Pastor Isaiah's father going to the church board.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

This is one of those shows that if you miss a moment or two, you're left scratching your head. I got a phone call in the middle of watching and was left with unanswered questions. First, in the beginning of the epi when Alicia was getting her peer review from Derrick Bond, in walks this rude man who I'd never seen before. Who is this David Lee fellow (I gather he's an attorney) but how does he fit in with Gardner, Lockhart and Bond? Alicia seemed perplexed as David Lee was about to take her to meet his client... she looked as if she hadn't briefed herself yet about the case. And why, after Alicia did a stellar job on the DUI case, did she ask David Lee to put in a good word for her to Bond re said peer review? What does David Lee have to do with the peer review if he is not associated with the firm? I'm still wondering what prior connection Will had to Derrick before the firm merger. And, it looks interesting with Diane possibly ready to jump ship and form a partnership with David Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;4107883;
    I wonder if Wendy Scott Carr had something to do with Pastor Isaiah's father going to the church board.
    She seems the type to have something in her pocket about people, so that's my guess as well. It was interesting how Pastor Isaiah saw right through her.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom;4108022;
    This is one of those shows that if you miss a moment or two, you're left scratching your head. I got a phone call in the middle of watching and was left with unanswered questions. First, in the beginning of the epi when Alicia was getting her peer review from Derrick Bond, in walks this rude man who I'd never seen before. Who is this David Lee fellow (I gather he's an attorney) but how does he fit in with Gardner, Lockhart and Bond? Alicia seemed perplexed as David Lee was about to take her to meet his client... she looked as if she hadn't briefed herself yet about the case. And why, after Alicia did a stellar job on the DUI case, did she ask David Lee to put in a good word for her to Bond re said peer review? What does David Lee have to do with the peer review if he is not associated with the firm? I'm still wondering what prior connection Will had to Derrick before the firm merger. And, it looks interesting with Diane possibly ready to jump ship and form a partnership with David Lee.
    David Lee is the head of the Lockhart Gardner Bond family law group. If I remember correctly, he and Alicia represented Bruce Childs' wife during their divorce. He's clearly not a big fan of firm management stuff and wants to be left alone. Bond insisting on doing peer review of the family law group was a blatant power move on his part. It's clear from the previews for next week that the move may cause a big rift since Lockhart and he apparently announce that they are leaving to start their own firm.

Lockhart is pretty cunning, that's exactly why she sided with Bond on making the family law division undergo peer review. She knew it would cause all sorts of problems and as Will said, the Family Law group were the only ones making money. sneeky, sneeky.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;4108086;
    Lockhart is pretty cunning, that's exactly why she sided with Bond on making the family law division undergo peer review. She knew it would cause all sorts of problems and as Will said, the Family Law group were the only ones making money. sneeky, sneeky.
    I think she was getting the feeling that Will and Bond were bonding, guy stuff, basketball, etc., and she was being cut out, where she had thought it would be her and Will against Bond (the new guy) when any votes came down. So siding with Bond on the peer review issue mixed things up.

+ Reply to Thread