+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 90 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes

Thread: The Good Wife

Re: The Good Wife

I agree that it was realistic....and predictable that they were going to vote not guilty when the judge informed them of the plea.
    I hope the mother and the girl never find out how the jury was going to vote.

As a mother of three daughters, ages 18 - 24, I was unsettled with the fact that she could have had her freedom if she had not gone with the plea deal. Now she serves at least 10 years, and her life after prison will always have that attached to it.
    I couldn't help but put myself in the mother's position.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3872807;
    I agree that it was realistic....and predictable that they were going to vote not guilty when the judge informed them of the plea.
    I hope the mother and the girl never find out how the jury was going to vote.

As a mother of three daughters, ages 18 - 24, I was unsettled with the fact that she could have had her freedom if she had not gone with the plea deal. Now she serves at least 10 years, and her life after prison will always have that attached to it.
    I couldn't help but put myself in the mother's position.
    But at least when she gets out she will be young enough to find love, get married and have bio kids... if she had gone to jail for the longer term her life would pretty much be over when she got out.
    I was puzzled...they were looking for that other associate guy who had bonded with her when they were told the mom and daughter were wanting to talk to them... I assume he would have tried to persuade to hope for not guilty. Did they not find him or did he fail? Or did they force him to work for taking the deal? Unclear. And will he really visit her in jail?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3872227;
    Excellent episode.... And should satisfy those complaining earlier that Alicia always wins her cases!
    if not for the plea deal she would have.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I was so "mad" at them for going with the plea. I knew all along that she would have been found not guilty. Of course we got to see the jury deliberate, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3877425;
    I was so "mad" at them for going with the plea. I knew all along that she would have been found not guilty. Of course we got to see the jury deliberate, but still.
    I think it was probably realistic, but it was still frustrating and heartbreaking.

I have HAD IT with all the repeats! This is how shows start to lose viewers. I get used to repeats and stop watching so, when the new episodes finally start airing, I forget to watch the show. I love this show, but I'm tired of seeing "repeat" on the episode description each week.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3877461;
    I think it was probably realistic, but it was still frustrating and heartbreaking.

I have HAD IT with all the repeats! This is how shows start to lose viewers. I get used to repeats and stop watching so, when the new episodes finally start airing, I forget to watch the show. I love this show, but I'm tired of seeing "repeat" on the episode description each week.
    I love this show, my favorite, and will probably follow it as long as it's on, but I certainly understand your frustration of keeping up with when new shows come on.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

this might help peak interest

Click to see Spoiler:

Question: Please give me some The Good Wife scoop! —Hayley

Ausiello:
    Look for Alicia to make a pact with the devil — a.k.a. Eli — in order to save her job in the May 11 episode.

I'm just glad that they are at least running repeats and not taking it off the air or moving it around, that's what killed Men in Trees for me. by the time it returned, I had really lost interest, espcially since it sucked.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3877690;
    this might help peak interest

Click to see Spoiler:

Question: Please give me some The Good Wife scoop! —Hayley

Ausiello:
    Look for Alicia to make a pact with the devil — a.k.a. Eli — in order to save her job in the May 11 episode.

I'm just glad that they are at least running repeats and not taking it off the air or moving it around, that's what killed Men in Trees for me. by the time it returned, I had really lost interest, espcially since it sucked.

Rest assured.
    The show is in NO danger of being cancelled. It wins it's time slot week after week.
    Unfortunately, all the networks seem to be showing way too many repeats these days. Te typical season of shooting is less than it has been in prior years due to costs, etc.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

yeah, I know it's been picked up for another season, but I'm glad they're leaving it right where it is, instead of moving it around or taking it off for a few weeks - I don't mind watching repeats, since my memory sucks and I usually see something that I missed during the first airing. The Mystery Channel runs it every Saturday at 4pm Eastern as well, which is primo for me, since I'm usually folding laundry about that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3877461;

It's not just with this show either. There are so many shows right now that you just never know from one episode to the next if it'll be new or not.

I agree it's how shows lose viewers. I don't think this show's a worry, but I think it could become one if this continues from one season to the next.

+ Reply to Thread