+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 107 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575 ... LastLast
Like Tree282Likes

Thread: The Good Wife

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: The Good Wife

Yeah, and they were brightly colored as well, purple-pink packaging is my memory, not the utilitarian kind you might get from the nurse (although I admit at the college where I work they give red ones on Valentine's Day and the like).

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3852056;
    So had the son hidden his condoms in the mom's drawer? Just knew she had some? She'd confiscated his? That was a bit puzzling. Who thinks the nasty girlfriend will get pregnant or give him an awful disease? You know he's going to have unprotected sex with her. Apparently Alicia didn't tell him that it was Becca betraying their family--had she not had time or did she not tell him on purpose? After all her "no secrets" talk why would she keep that from him?

One explanation that Mr. Big (head) doesn't seem to have thought of is that Alicia has condoms in case she has sex with HIM, not only to prevent pregnancy but because she doesn't trust that he isn't carrying some disease given his past. I certainly wouldn't trust him to be "clean".
    A question---I haven't bought them in quite a while, but don't they usually either come as individual ones or multipacks...not just two? Which might imply that she'd used some?
    I saw something on another board that sounded reasonable. Isn't it likely that Alicia had 'the talk' with the boy and has them on hand for whenever he needs them? Afterall, they were in her side table, not exactly hidden, so she knew they were there, and he knew where to find them.

I had the talk with my child and bought the condoms and left them in the bathroom for him - but it was just the two of us, no worries of prying MIL or daughter eyes. If MIL did see them she's just scoff and leave.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3852515;
    I saw something on another board that sounded reasonable. Isn't it likely that Alicia had 'the talk' with the boy and has them on hand for whenever he needs them? Afterall, they were in her side table, not exactly hidden, so she knew they were there, and he knew where to find them.

I had the talk with my child and bought the condoms and left them in the bathroom for him - but it was just the two of us, no worries of prying MIL or daughter eyes. If MIL did see them she's just scoff and leave.
    Alicia's MIL? Judging by past behavior she'd toss them down the garbage chute!

PWS, The feeling I got was that the son placed the condoms in the drawer. Not Alicia.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3852723;
    PWS, The feeling I got was that the son placed the condoms in the drawer. Not Alicia.
    That was the feeling I got as well. Another excellent episode.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3852723;
    OK, I'm a teenage boy, where do I hide my condoms from my snoopy grandmother? In my mother's bedside table where she might come upon them at any moment? And I think she won't notice?

I'm also wondering why Alicia had her IUD removed. Unless it's time was up and she just didn't replace it...but to schedule an appt. to have it removed seems like a very definitive act. Kind of, I'm never having sex again with anyone!

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3852852;
    I'm also wondering why Alicia had her IUD removed. Unless it's time was up and she just didn't replace it...but to schedule an appt. to have it removed seems like a very definitive act. Kind of, I'm never having sex again with anyone!
    Actually, that's not such an unusual response for a women who just found out her husband had an affair. Anger and hostility towards all men, and determined to never become involved with a man again, so she has her IUD removed. But then she starts to soften towards her husband, and then he comes home. So what does she do? She buys some condoms, just in case.

Also, even if this isn't the reason that Alicia had the condoms, I don't think they are her son's. She would have been surprised to see them there if they were, but she wasn't. I think it's much more likely that her son found them while snooping, and remembered they were there when he was getting together with his girlfriend and thought his mother wouldn't notice one missing.

I think the condom's definitely belonged to her son, and Alicia found them and took them away. Her son probably just knew where she put them. Peter made the comment that at first he thought that was exactly what happened. Then he sort of paused, and continued by saying that then he "realized" she would not have taken them away, and would have made sure that if he were having sex that he was being safe and was protected. Alicia had this look on her face that was something more than "how dare you snoop through my drawer, how dare you not trust me." I think Peter doesn't know the new Alicia as well as he thinks he does. While I think it's a mistake if that's what she did, I can certainly understand her actions after what she's been through with her husband. She probably was only thinking about the son following in dad's footsteps. With everything on her plate, and all that was going on in her life with Peter in jail, making time for some lovin' was probably the last thing on Alicia's mind
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I, for one, certainly hope we get closure on the condom issue since clearly we all saw it differently.

tonight's episode looks HAWT with Alicia and Will.............
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3855817;
    I, for one, certainly hope we get closure on the condom issue since clearly we all saw it differently.

tonight's episode looks HAWT with Alicia and Will.............
    I agree... BUT my newspaper says that tonight Alicia gives her husband a "proper" welcome home.... Either way, I expect there'll be some steam!

+ Reply to Thread